It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Boo, you don't have Birth of the Empires in your library (even if free, everyone should have it :D).
Anyway not in but +1 for the effort and the giveaway.
The account is completely anonymous, so no worries there.
By the way ... if your credit card information is remembered by the account, you may not want to give that info away! :-)
Amazing giveaway! Not in though :D

Thank you & +1 :D
low rated
amok: and? you are saying gOg forums should be a place to do such things?
Asbeau: What I'm saying is stop being such a petty little twat.
We have a winner, folks!

Plussy for you, Asbeau. Thanks. ;p
amok: As with most accounts, are they not personal and can not be legally transferred?
Asbeau: Perhaps you should call the police
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzECFIAzuQk
Post edited November 08, 2017 by richlind33
Not in, but have a +1.
Asbeau: What I'm saying is stop being such a petty little twat.
richlind33: We have a winner, folks!

Well, I am on amoks side but only regarding the fact that it's probably not completely legal and it MIGHT be that GOG does not want such offers here. However I am not a Sheriff here and I guess it should be enough to simply mention the legal issue with this giveaway which intention of course is a very generous one. As long as GOG does not say anything why should I? In the end since these games at least all WERE free (I know i.e. that Darktrain which btw. is a great game isn't anymore) there is no actual harm done and as long as itch.io does not complain there is no harm for GOG done either. However I would not suggest to do such things too often - you never know who is watching and it would be a shame if ithe idea of a generous giveaway would turn bitter in the end which I really don't think will happen but you never know.

Again: These are just my thoughts - nothing more.
drmike: Having said that though, 5 hours after posting and this thread hasn't been nuked? Must be acceptable to someone around here. Don;t you think at least one person has reported it by now? There's always at least one person sitting on every forum um typing with one hand if you catch my meaning looking for threads to report.
Luckily this is usually not the case here on GOG (at least not before people start calling names). All you would see here would be downvoting which happens quite a lot. I rarely saw threads nuked by GOG staff - not even locked. They might add their 2 cts. to tell us what and why it is wrong and then continue watching the thread more closely.
Post edited November 08, 2017 by MarkoH01
low rated
richlind33: We have a winner, folks!

MarkoH01: Well, I am on amoks side but only regarding the fact that it's probably not completely legal and it MIGHT be that GOG does not want such offers here. However I am not a Sheriff here and I guess it should be enough to simply mention the legal issue with this giveaway which intention of course is a very generous one. As long as GOG does not say anything why should I? In the end since these games at least all WERE free (I know i.e. that Darktrain which btw. is a great game isn't anymore) there is no actual harm done and as long as itch.io does not complain there is no harm for GOG done either. However I would not suggest to do such things too often - you never know who is watching and it would be a shame if ithe idea of a generous giveaway would turn bitter in the end which I really don't think will happen but you never know.

Again: These are just my thoughts - nothing more.
I think most of us understand that this might not be 100% legal. I just get a little tired of the phony indignation and the "I'm tellin' mommy" level of maturity.
high rated
greeklover: Hey bros, it's time for something I've been preparing:)
I started this itch.io account about 6 months ago for myself but I just didn't have time to play any of the games in it. So, I continued to add games in it to make this giveaway more interesting. I haven't paid any money for these games, but I "paid" with my time and effort by searching for giveaways, promos, etc. Half the links will appear in this post and the other half in another. Have a look at the list and if you want the account, post IN. You can participate for yourself or for other people you know that might enjoy it (GOG members, girlfriends, small children). Random.org will decide the winner after a few days.
Since this topic was brought to our attention, let me jump in here with a "blue post" :p

In general, we don't want, nor allow sharing or transferring any accounts from any services on GOG forums. But to be fair, I've checked itch.io's TOS and haven't found anything about transferring or sharing accounts on their service. I'll reach out to their support to check what is their official stance on the matter of transferring accounts.

Until then, I'd like to ask you greeklover, not to continue this giveaway, at least not in here.
Sorry for being the party popper.
elcook: I'll reach out to their support to check what is their official stance on the matter of transferring accounts.
Gotta admit that I did that previously but I'm still waiting for a response.

I did not point them to this link. I did one of my "I work for a web based tech company that helps soccer moms with technology and the internet and one of them has a question about your services and I'm trying to help her..."
low rated
amok: it is very unclear.
drmike: Their ToS is very poorly written.

Having said that though, 5 hours after posting and this thread hasn't been nuked? Must be acceptable to someone around here. Don;t you think at least one person has reported it by now? There's always at least one person sitting on every forum um typing with one hand if you catch my meaning looking for threads to report.
Because "not legal" ≠ "illegal", ya think? o.O
elcook: I'll reach out to their support to check what is their official stance on the matter of transferring accounts.
drmike: Gotta admit that I did that previously but I'm still waiting for a response.

I did not point them to this link. I did one of my "I work for a web based tech company that helps soccer moms with technology and the internet and one of them has a question about your services and I'm trying to help her..."
We'll see how their support works ;)
I did not point them towards this thread as well, it's more like a general question about it.
drmike: Their ToS is very poorly written.

Having said that though, 5 hours after posting and this thread hasn't been nuked? Must be acceptable to someone around here. Don;t you think at least one person has reported it by now? There's always at least one person sitting on every forum um typing with one hand if you catch my meaning looking for threads to report.
richlind33: Because "not legal" ≠ "illegal", ya think? o.O
Never said anything about it being legal or illegal. As elcook mentions a post or two up, they don't allow account trading, gifting, sharing, or selling around here which is why I was surprised they hadn't stepped in on it. They have now though.
low rated
Let sleeping dogs lie, I always say, because whoever it was that said there's no such thing as a bad question, lied. ;p
low rated
richlind33: Because "not legal" ≠ "illegal", ya think? o.O
drmike: Never said anything about it being legal or illegal. As elcook mentions a post or two up, they don't allow account trading, gifting, sharing, or selling around here which is why I was surprised they hadn't stepped in on it. They have now though.
GOG accounts, drmike.

Lawyers have brainwashed us into thinking that we need to have our hands held whenever we encounter a gray area, to protect us from unimaginably horrible horrors that could bring an end to the world as we know it; but I don't have a problem with the end of the world as we know it, because it sucks dead donkey bollocks. ;p
Post edited November 09, 2017 by richlind33