It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - one of them is the deadliest species in the Universe!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available FREE for 48 hours on GOG.com, as a part of our GOG Galaxy beta tests!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. Take your pick: be a Colonial Marine, a Predator or an Alien. Fight through suspense-filled environments: from starships and space stations to colonial bases and eerie planetscapes. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes avait for you in the multiplayer section!

How to get the game for free? Simply sign up for the next stage of GOG Galaxy beta tests and an e-mail with your activation code will be sent to you within the next few days. You'll be helping us to analyze and improve the performance of the multiplayer component of GOG Galaxy, our DRM-free online gaming platform, by playing this acclaimed dynamic first person shooter! The game will be added to your account and yours to keep forever. Don't wait - you can only sign up until Friday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT.
We're started sending out the last (and the biggest) batch of keys - essentially everyone who signed up should be getting their key in the matter of the next few hours (we really have a A LOT of signups :).

Although the game includes full single player campaign, we'd most appreciate if you could please join or host a multiplayer match today - our reason behind this give-away was to test Galaxy multiplayer in the first place :). In case of problems or if you want to share feedback, please use our dedicated forum: http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000

PS: If you won't get your key by end of Tuesday, please do:
1. check your spam folder - if our mail isn't there, then
2. contact our Support
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Destro
Most people probably didn't get their keys yet.

Might be because the GOGfolks want to be at work (after weekend, that is) when the Galaxy multiplayer backend explodes and goes all GOGbears so they can fix it quickly :D
fronzelneekburm: Just a little question: Is it normal that I can only ever choose to join a single game (you know, instead having a variety of matches to choose from - I'm pretty sure there's more than a single multiplayer match going on)? The only Multiplayer game that is available to me at the moment is a coop match and I can't into coop. I just want to shoot stuff. Where's muh defmatch?
I was online during "European Prime Time" and all I found was a deathmatch with about 3 players and two coop matches with 2-4 players each. Joined the deathmatch, but some smart guy shot all the lights on the map (I think it was the marine - at least that's what I'd have done as marine :P ). I totally forgot how dark this game was without light (dark = pitch black). Playing as an Alien in complete darkness isn't fun. Got butchered heavily there, because as an Alien you can chose beween seeing 2-3 meters of the environment, OR your enemies -.- Then I started a new deathmatch and after a short while we were 4-6 players.

tl;dr - Yes, it is normal that there aren't many people online :/
Zoidberg: I don't get it, some of you guys have their keys already? And playing multiplayer? Galaxy is already working?
Well... Yes, some people already have their keys and are playing multiplayer. But Galaxy... There isn't much to see... Have a look at the attached screenshot. It's a launcher for AvP 2000. That's all we got. So, no, "Galaxy" isn't there yet. Just a launcher with parts of Galaxy's auto-updating (as you can see) and multiplayer stuff.
Attachments:
galaxy.jpg (97 Kb)
Post edited October 17, 2014 by real.geizterfahr
I still haven't received a key. I checked that I was indeed signed up, and it told me my e-mail was already registered as having signed up, however everyone else I know has gotten the key already.

Should I raise an eyebrow at this, or should I just relax and wait for my, slightly delayed (?) key?
Jinxtah: Should I raise an eyebrow at this, or should I just relax and wait for my, slightly delayed (?) key?
Just relax :)
They made clear that sending out the keys can take several days, so nothing to worry about
Jinxtah: Should I raise an eyebrow at this, or should I just relax and wait for my, slightly delayed (?) key?
born3088: Just relax :)
They made clear that sending out the keys can take several days, so nothing to worry about
I don't mind if it takes a few days as long as i get my key, i can understand how busy the GOG folks must be :)
exxevideogamer: I don't mind if it takes a few days as long as i get my key, i can understand how busy the GOG folks must be :)
I also don't mind how GOG handles the giveaway and that I will probably receive my key on monday. Actually, I have some tough exams next week and, therefore, I appreciate to have as little distraction as possible :)
born3088: Just relax :)
It took about 48 hour for me, be patient! :)
They just twitted that it would take them until tuesday to deliver all the keys because of how many people signed up. So just relax... and plan your weekend. Next weekend you'll be in space :P

EDIT: Or same tuesday... depends if you have a job or other activities.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by jonridan
"The Aliens vs Predator giveaway is done. With the impressive number of people signing up, it may take us until Tuesday to send all the keys." GOG Twitter
Lay back, relax and buy another GoG game in the meantime ;)
I have a spare AvP 2000 key if anyone wants it
didn't my singning up go through two days ago? i still haven't got a mail.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by honx
honx: didn't my singning up go through two days ago? i still haven't got a mail.
You are not the only one. Try to re-register. If you get a message that tells you, you have already be registered you just have to wait a bit longer. GoG already posted that it could take a few days.
honx: didn't my singning up go through two days ago? i still haven't got a mail.
MarkoH01: You are not the only one. Try to re-register. If you get a message that tells you, you have already be registered you just have to wait a bit longer. GoG already posted that it could take a few days.
It is too late to try that. Because the giveaway did already end.
I dont get it, F A K E