It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fans of dynamic first-person shooters and post-apocalyptic novels by Dmitry Glukhovsky are in for a treat! Metro Franchise Weekend sale on GOG.COM features titles from the Metro series up to 75% off. Test your skills with these intense games before the sale ends on 7th November 2021, 11 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
• $4.99 • -75% • Metro 2033 Redux
• $4.99 • -75% • Metro: Last Light Redux
• $7.49 • -50% • Metro Exodus Expansion Pass
• $11.99 • -60% • Metro Exodus
• $15.99 • -60% • Metro Exodus - Gold Edition
• $22.19 • -63% • Metro Franchise Bundle
Besides this Metro Franchise Weekend sale, Gamers that subscribed to Gog newsletter received preety good discount for Metro Exodus Gold! Here you can find codes to receive additional - (some %) to price cut of game: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/newsletter_discounts/page46
The franchise bundle isn't regionally priced despite the others being.
Very strong discount(s) for one of the best performing titles right now. Mexodus EE pushes out beautiful yet many frames at the same time. It's simply such a well-crafted remaster. I'd really love 4A to port the first two games to the same technological basis as well.
Metro series is awesome.

2033 is really good; Last Light is great; and Exodus is also great.

I do need to get the Exodus DLC's at some point, though.
Mmmh, my CPU lies at the bottom end of the requirements. Could someone tell me please how much the game is dependent on a fast CPU?

Edit:
I mean Metro Exodus.
Post edited November 06, 2021 by viperfdl
I played the original Metro 2033 when it came out. A GPU I bought came with a free Steam key. I enjoyed Metro 2033, but I have mixed feelings on Last Light. Both rely on auto saves at checkpoints, and does anyone like this? I had heard the redux versions had some bugs, and they do.

The only complaint I had with the original Metro 2033 is that a short press of the reload button does a regular reload, and a slightly longer press of the reload key loads military grade rounds (MGR). In the Metro games MGR is the currency, but you can also use it in your gun. It's more powerful, but it's rare and literally burning money. In the original Metro 2033, I accidentally loaded my MGR and didn't realize until I got to the next station and found out I didn't have any money. I was careful this time, but still managed to do it a couple of times, but luckily I realized it before I used too much of it. I really wish they would have added separate reload keys for regular and MGR, because it's too easy to switch by accident.

I played Last Light Redux for Halloween and didn't enjoy it as much as 2033. It was part bugs, and part bad game design. There is an extremely buggy section (Bandits) where your auto save is pretty much guaranteed to become corrupt. It's also a roll of the dice if this mission breaks your ability to do stealth take downs, and if it does you have to restart before the mission and hope it doesn't break because it will persist for the rest of the game. I had to re-play it 3 times thanks to auto save corruption. The first time, I simply quit part way through the mission to eat and it crashed loading my save when I came back to it. I had to restart the chapter, then the AI bugged out and became unresponsive, unkillable statues, and again corrupted the auto save. The third time, every time I saw the game auto save, I would ALT-TAB out and make a backup. That way I had more than one auto save to try if the current one corrupted, but luckily I didn't need it. I also got lucky and didn't experience the stealth bug.

For some odd reason in the Redux version, you can't buy air filters from the stations (maybe just on the harder difficulty) and have to scavenge them. That made surface missions extremely frustrating. I played on Ranger Hardcore, and I was finding the game easy, then around mid-way through, the game decides to troll you. You're on one of the surface levels, which itself was fine, but then they throw in a boss fight right at the end when you have no air and no ammo left. My first try, I had less than 2 minutes of air and 17 bullets. I had to re-play it several times, and I almost quit the game because of this level. I basically had to remember where the supply drops were, avoid enemies, and use a bit of a "cheat" where you take off your mask, wait until you're about to die from lack of air, put it on, take a breath and take it off again. I started with 9 minutes of air, and even doing the mask "cheat" and picking up air filters along the way, I still get to the boss with ~3 minutes of air. I also had enough ammo to take down the boss with a little bit of air left. The previous and following levels were pretty generous with air filters, but not this one.
PromZA: The franchise bundle isn't regionally priced despite the others being.
+1. The same here
Mean.Jim: I played the original Metro 2033 when it came out. A GPU I bought came with a free Steam key. I enjoyed Metro 2033, but I have mixed feelings on Last Light. Both rely on auto saves at checkpoints, and does anyone like this? I had heard the redux versions had some bugs, and they do.

The only complaint I had with the original Metro 2033 is that a short press of the reload button does a regular reload, and a slightly longer press of the reload key loads military grade rounds (MGR). In the Metro games MGR is the currency, but you can also use it in your gun. It's more powerful, but it's rare and literally burning money. In the original Metro 2033, I accidentally loaded my MGR and didn't realize until I got to the next station and found out I didn't have any money. I was careful this time, but still managed to do it a couple of times, but luckily I realized it before I used too much of it. I really wish they would have added separate reload keys for regular and MGR, because it's too easy to switch by accident.
I understand your situation very well, because in my first run I made same mistake (with reloading to military grade rounds), but i understood it pretty soon by number of bullets that was needed to kill enemies. Besides that military rounds has some minor differences in its look (if compare to hand-made).
__
P.S. There are some topics where every Gamer can vote for original Metro 2033 game here, at Gog store. So if you want to show Devs, Publuisher and Gog team that we, Gamers, want it (original Metro 2033 game) at Gog store, please vote for it ƪ(ړײ)‎ƪ​​
1-st Topic
2-nd Topic
Post edited November 06, 2021 by LifeLover
Recently I wrote to Devs with question, will they publish Metro 2033 Original, but hasn't yet received response...