It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nymes: I will certainly not go for 100% in this game, as there is just a whole lot you have to do in order to reach that. Thus, I will consider the game as finished when I have reached the end of the main storyline, if that is OK for you, Bass47. ;-)
Of course it's ok, you only have to beat the game. :-)
yoshino: Progress update on Tales of Maj'Eyal.

To be honest, I'm tired by a lot of game over and start again and again. I think I can't finish this game.
So I will play the game at ease until get bored and then choice another game.
PaterAlf: You could play Exploration mode with unlimited lives.
Aha, I had completely forgotten that mode.lol.
I've played the game as that mode. but even having infinitely lives, the game was still difficult for me.
In the final battle, my level 50 summoner has died almost 30 times. I look at a walkthrough on the net, and finally beat them.
The game has excellent tactical system and vast amount of classes, dungeons, items. I'm impressed.

In the next game, I will play wizardly 7, which was put off for a long while. :D
After beat that, I will join the thread in again!
Post edited April 21, 2016 by yoshino
First progress update on The Wolf Among Us:

I've completed the first episode of the game. The writing is very good. The characters from the comics are recognisable The setting and the tone are a little darker though. I really like the graphical style and music and voice-over are top-notch too.

It's the first modern Telltale game that I play and I'm not sure if I still would call it an adventure game. It's more an interactive comic book. There are no real puzzles (the first thing I did was to deactivate hotspots to make exploration of the scene at least a little more interesting), instead there are lots of decisions to be made and some QTE sequences. Not sure how much your decisions really change the outcome of the story though. Guess I'll have to replay to find out.

Overall I like it and it's nice to meet the characters from Fables again.
After 42 tries I was finally able to beat level 4-2 of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I really hope things don't get much harder.
Post edited April 24, 2016 by PaterAlf
Is it too late to jump in here? I could do with some motivation as I've an embarrassing amount of quality games I've barely touched. So, I guess these are a few I've been eyeing in my GOG backlog (in alphabetical order):

Anachronox
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, The
Halfway
Jade Empire
King's Bounty (which ever the first one is)
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms

Thanks fellas and madams!
wizall: Is it too late to jump in here? I could do with some motivation as I've an embarrassing amount of quality games I've barely touched. So, I guess these are a few I've been eyeing in my GOG backlog (in alphabetical order):

Anachronox
Halfway
Jade Empire

Of course you can join! I guess everbody here has too many games unplayed ;-)
For your first game, I suggest Jade Empire, as I am a big fan of the unusual eastern setting. I haven't played the game either, but it strongly reminds me of KotoR 1, which was an excellent RPG.
I hope you have fun! :-)
wizall: Is it too late to jump in here? I could do with some motivation as I've an embarrassing amount of quality games I've barely touched. So, I guess these are a few I've been eyeing in my GOG backlog (in alphabetical order):

Anachronox
Halfway
Jade Empire

Welcome to the Backlog Club!

And I hope you'll enjoy Jade Empire. I've played (and completed) it last year. And while I wasn't overly impressed, I have to admit that it has some very nice sections and some interesting and likeable characters.
Progress update on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Assigned by Bass47

I had a free weekend and thus, a lot of time to spare on GTA ;-)

I completed the remaining missions of Big Smoke and OG Loc, then the tasks of the corrupt cop Tenpenny. Lastly, I did Sweet's missions.
Then there came the nice, but expected plot twist, so that I had to start anew in the middle of nowhere, the village of Angel Pine, with no weapons and only Tenpenny's orders. For something different, I did the Paramedic sidemissions here, which greatly increased my maximum health.

I finished the missions in the countryside and particularly enjoyed those starring your absolutely crazy "girlfriend" Catalina - but I disliked that you had to drive for ages to get to the starting points of the missions which were always so far away from the save points. I bought some scattered properties to improve upon that situation.
Finally, I reached San Fierro and did all the missions there, except those of Zero and the last ones of Cesar regarding the cars. Now I am in the desert to do missions for some shady government agent. I just completed the Flying School missions and am now able to travel to Las Venturas.

I don't want to spoil the story too much, as I actually like it ;-) Its main themes are betrayal and revenge, as one would expect from a gang-and-gangsta themed GTA title.
But of course there has to be criticism: the camera sometimes is just awful, especially in a vehicle. And I actually think it's impossible to crontrol a plane using keyboard and mouse. At least I had to use my controller to complete the Flying School missions and even then it took me countless attempts.

Cheers!
Nymes: ...
PaterAlf: ...
Thanks, guys! I'll get started on it tonight. I just loaded it up to make sure it works and all seems good. It's certainly a unique setting. I'll post my impressions in a few days for you who haven't played it.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Either level 4-3 was a lot easier than 4-2 or I'm getting better at the game (but somehow I doubt that). No matter what I was able to beat it after just a few tries. Level design was straightforward this time and there were no real surprises. One thing is annoying thoug and that's the non-destructible environment. I don't expect to tear down whole walls with my machine gun, but shouldn't it be possible to destroy a bunch of wooden crates using a grenade or a panzerfaust?

I've also started level 4-4 (probably the last one of level 4) and found a secret room right in the beginning. Now I have a save file with 100 health and 95 amor. That should make things easier.

The Wolf Among Us

I've completed it and it was a great interactive comic book. You had to do a lot of choices and some of them brought up very interesting moral questions. First and last episode of the season were the best ones. I'd really like to see a second season (or another game in the Fables world), but I doubt there will be one.
Progress report on Return to Castle Wolfenstein:

I've completed mission 4. I was drunk when I did so and had completely no problem with the last level of that mission. I even found two secrets. I wonder if that should tell me something...
Post edited April 27, 2016 by PaterAlf
PaterAlf: Progress report on Return to Castle Wolfenstein:

I've completed mission 4. I was drunk when I did so and had completely no problem with the last level of that mission. I even found two secrets. I wonder if that should tell me something...
Well, maybe you drank a Potion of Accuracy or something ;-)

Besides, congratulations on beating The Wolf Among Us!
Would you like another assignment as a second game? If so, I would kindly suggest Grim Fandango Remastered, as I read in another thread that you regret not having played it yet. Well, me neither, but I heard nothing but praise about the original ;-)
Nymes: Would you like another assignment as a second game? If so, I would kindly suggest Grim Fandango Remastered, as I read in another thread that you regret not having played it yet. Well, me neither, but I heard nothing but praise about the original ;-)
I thought about it. But I'm not sure if I would do myself a favour by playing another adventure with a Noir setting (even if this one is probably more light-hearted) right after The Wolf Among Us. I normally need something from another genre first. And I've already started Beware Planet Earth!, a cartoony tower-defense game that I got from one of the countless bundles I've bought in the past. It isn't bad, but also not really something special. Don't think I will write about it in this thread.

But I make sure that Grim Fandango is the next classic adventure game that I'll play.
Nymes: Well, maybe you drank a Potion of Accuracy or something ;-)
I've just completed level 5-1 of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and it was another hard one. Lots of soldiers with venom guns and hardly any good cover or a chance to kill them with the sniper gun. I wonder if this game is really that hard or if it just because I'm such a lousy FPS player. And for anyone who forgot it, I'm playing on easy difficulty.

But let's come back to the topic of playing this game when I had some beer (sounds like I'm drunk all the time, but I swear that's not the case). Once again it felt easier and I was able to solve the level. Thought about it and found out that I didn't drink a Potion of Accuracy, but a Potion of Indifference. In that state I simply don't care if I get killed (only in the game of course) and so I play more brave and try more creative (but also more risky) strategies.

Maybe I should put some beers in the fridge for level 5-2 right away. Or maybe I should stop writing about alcohol before everybody thinks that I'm a drunkard. ;-)
Post edited May 01, 2016 by PaterAlf
PaterAlf: I've just completed level 5-1 of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and it was another hard one. Lots of soldiers with venom guns and hardly any good cover or a chance to kill them with the sniper gun. I wonder if this game is really that hard or if it just because I'm such a lousy FPS player. And for anyone who forgot it, I'm playing on easy difficulty.

But let's come back to the topic of playing this game when I had some beer (sounds like I'm drunk all the time, but I swear that's not the case). Once again it felt easier and I was able to solve the level. Thought about it and found out that I didn't drink a Potion of Accuracy, but a Potion of Indifference. In that state I simply don't care if I get killed (only in the game of course) and so I play more brave and try more creative (but also more risky) strategies.

Maybe I should put some beers in the fridge for level 5-2 right away. Or maybe I should stop writing about alcohol before everybody thinks that I'm a drunkard. ;-)
Well, but to be fair, venom guns sounds really, really nasty ;-)

But now that you know that your caution somehow hinders your progress and enjoyment of the game, maybe try to go all out next time? I can only speak for myself, but every time I set myself some kind of "perfectionism"-goals in games, like don't die, the game became tedious and felt like work, not like a game. Since I realized that, I am more relaxed overall in my gaming issues ;-)

This time around, I had a very busy weekend and sadly (?) no time to play GTA: San Andreas.