It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PaterAlf: Can't tell you anything new about my progress with Might and Magic III. I was away from home for more than a week and before that I was busy with Christmas stuff. Hope I'll have some free time to play when the new year starts.
Your posts were actually the inspiration for me to pick MM3 up as well - had the day off and did a couple longish sessions. Used the default party (lacks a character who can cast walk on water, but otherwise solid) and got up to lvl 12 or so.

The array of materials is a bit confusing - basic thing seems to be that anything bronze/wood is worse than using nothing at all, and a number of substances have the same bonuses but different sale value. Pretty complex in the fine detail, but still simple enough to just jump in and play.

Definitely affirming my choice to drop Bard's Tale, though - this is just so much more fun to explore.

Big debate is whether I'll follow up with the Xeen twins, or try and pick up Elminage: Gothic which I've never played.
Zchinque: We Norwegians are a stubborn people.
10th straight year in the 1st place on this list.
Stubborn... in the best way possible? ;(
moho_00: snip
damn!
That's what you call a superb gaming moment! Reading your experience actually gave me hope to at least begin something for real again.
It seemed to me that ToeJam III actually hooked you up like crazy, eh? Good to know. I've been watching this fella since the DC version was leaked some years ago. Gotta play it now.

Thanks a ton!
I made some progress with Might and Magic III.

I mapped several new areas and also some dungeons (or at least parts of them) and found a lot of gold and useful equipment. All my characters are level 14 or 15 now, my fighters have obsidian weapons (that can deal a lot of damage and my mages can cast powerful spells. The amor class is around 50 for everybody.

It's still not safe to visit new areas though and there's always danger of dying when I do so. And even areas that seem to be harmless at first can be deadly out of the sudden (I'm looking at you, damn Minotaur).

Still haven't found a way to turn back magical aging. This might become a problem, because my ranger was hit by ghosts several times and has an age of 51 now (normal age would be 21). Hope I'll find a way, before I meet the ghosts again.
A short update about Might and Magic III:

I cleared the Arachnoid Cavern and the Fortress of Fear. The cavern was fun and solving the riddle gave me the opportunity to recharge the stat rising crystals. The lever puzzle in the Fortress of Fear was annoying though and beating the boss just gave me a lousy key card (I know it will be important in the future, but it didn't feel rewarding).
I just opened my collection of already installed games and sat there for a few minutes like a potato, not deciding, what to play. Then... I remembered seeing The Gentlemen's Club. Guys, I want in.

My internet connection is pretty slow, so I can't download new games from my GOG or Steam libraries now. Also, I have enough games installed that I deemed most interesting for me to play now. Those are as follow:..

GOG games:
- Blackguards Special Edition (Started once to get a taste, liked it; computer runs it kind of ok)
- Dreamfall Chapters (Started a looong time ago, when it came out - very interesting game. Played for a bit, then dropped. Could run much better)
- Hard West (Played a little to get a taste. I'm not the biggest strategy fan, but the game is interesting enough. Runs good)
- Metro 2033 Redux (T'is a good game, I played it quite a lot. I think I am halfway through. But now the game doesn't run for some reason, I think I must re-install it. That said, I'll just leave it here in the list, but I am not going to play it anytime soon)
- Shadowrun Returns (Played it long time ago. And I almost finished the game. The thing was, that I started a mission somewhere in the end with poor judgement and I just couldn't beat it. Also, I didn't have a better save, so had to drop the game. Now my interest in the game is a bit low. Runs really good)
- Victor Vran (Had much higher expectations, since the game looks similar to The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. But something keeps me from enjoying the game. Like when you put two magnets near each other, with same poles turned. And then there is this invisible force pulling them apart. Runs good)
- The Witcher Enhanced Edition (I finished this masterpiece four times. Nothing new for me while playing the game. Just thought I would finish the game one more time, transfer the last save to The Witcher II, finish that game. And then I would be ready to start The Witcher 3. All I would lack, should be a new computer. Runs good)

Steam games:
- Borderlands (I am halfway through, actually, more. I like the game. Reminds me of RAGE. Loved that one. Runs very good)
- Darkest Dungeon (Too dark for me now, I want adventure. Runs good)
- Dishonored (I love the game! I am waiting for Dishonored 2 and I shall probably pre-order it. Finished this one twice I think. Or maybe three times. But I never finished the DLCs, which are awesome! I would most happily play this game again! With a goal to finish DLCs as well. Runs good)
- Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered (Great game, different of sorts. I like it. But there is so much reading, that I keep wanting some different action in between. Runs ok)
- LEGO Pirates of The Caribbean (I finished the game recently. Well, the story mode. So now there's just left some bottles to find in Free Play mode. Which is not a challenge. Forget I even mentioned this game. But I can leave a review if you'd like. Runs perfectly)
- L.A. Noire (The good detective. I love this one, especially the surroundings, the feeling. Played a bit. Runs good)
- Layers of Fear (I am somewhere at 2/6 of the game. Intense psychological horror. Not much of adventure, just crawling around and being spooked by various happenings. But... The story is more than decent and the visuals are very nice. Runs good)

So, there it is. I am leaving the verdict in your hands, gentlemen.

Here, below the line, I shall mention the finished games. To begin with...

- Shadows - Heretic Kingdoms. 2016.01.12 I have defeated Graabak and by doing so, finished Book 1. The game was assigned by PaterAlf.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Dessimu
PaterAlf: A short update about Might and Magic III:
I love it how you update the process. I guess I shall take inspiration from that and do the same.
Dessimu: I just opened my collection of already installed games and sat there for a few minutes like a potato, not deciding, what to play. Then... I remembered seeing The Gentlemen's Club. Guys, I want in.

- Shadows - Heretic Kingdoms (Played it, loved it. I am maybe almost halfway through the game. Or more. But then wanted a different action and then I had to study again. A lot. So stopped playing. Runs good)
I think you should play Shadows - Heretic Kingdoms. The fact that you love it and that you are already halfwy through makes it a perfect candidate.
Dessimu: I love it how you update the process. I guess I shall take inspiration from that and do the same.
Thank you. It's fun to write these short updates and it also keeps this thread alive. :-)
Post edited January 10, 2016 by PaterAlf
Dessimu: - Borderlands (I am halfway through, actually, more. I like the game. Reminds me of RAGE. Loved that one. Runs very good)
I highly recommend grabbing a friend for some Co-op on this one. It's so much fun that way.
PaterAlf: I think you should play Shadows - Heretic Kingdoms. The fact that you love it and that you are already halfwy through makes it a perfect candidate.
Well then, your kind challenge is taken! Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms shall be the game for me to finish first. And I shall start updating the process to give you an idea as to where I'm at in the game now.
mindblast: I highly recommend grabbing a friend for some Co-op on this one. It's so much fun that way.
I indeed believe it would be a great experience playing co-op. Too bad my close friends don't really play Borderlands, so I was just playing the story on my own. Who knows? Maybe I shall find someone in the community to join!
Post edited January 10, 2016 by Dessimu
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms :: Progress update 1
Assigned by PaterAlf

Started the game once again. Not from the beginning, I am playing from where I left off. Which, seems to be a quest "Stop Werewolf Berserkers... (- Go to Dura Tyr and stop the Werewolf Berserkers.)". I would be playing at this very moment, but the game crashed. And pretty much accidentally I have found that 'double slash' is what crashed the game for me. Also, it seems I am somewhere in the Chapter 3. I think I should gather some sort of totems.

In this game (for people who don't know) the player controls a Demon and 3 puppets at a time. Other found puppets are stashed somewhere in the Demon world. What I like about this game is this ability to change oneself at any given time to a Demon and travel in the Demon realm or manifest oneself as a physical puppet. I am currently using Devourer, Jasker, Zaar and Ironclad Zombie. I have unlocked 3 more puppets. I would change Zaar into Urshak, but the current chain of quests require me to have Zaar in the party.

One more thing I can mention so far is that I am not handling the game as best as I could. What I mean, is that my current relation to the game and controls is much like touching a very hot potato with bare hands. Clumsy. Not much intimacy. And I think I could have chosen skills for the puppets better.

In any case, game is awesome. I shall make a more detailed update soon.

* Edit *

Played a little more. I finally found out why I stopped playing the game. As it turns out, there was a very big fight waiting for me in the other "room". Died 5 times and had to re-load until I got it right. Though there's too many werewolves for me now... Anyway, I am already progressing with the story and got better with controls. Unfortunately, the game crashes often. Especially now that there is one fight with me against 5 opponents and I can only play as Zaar there. This character has only two special attacks, one of which is the game-crasher "double slash". I'll figure something out.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by Dessimu
ahem!
Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms :: Progress update 2 :: Final
Assigned by PaterAlf

I have finished the game! Well, Book I: The Devourer of Souls. I have defeated the final boss in this part of the game, unlocked the portal to Kyallisar and so, I must wait for Book II: Age of Demons to be released.

Overall the game is good and worth playing. Characters (or puppets in this matter) are very different, with their unique skills. That made me take time to choose the best ones I like and to master them, as many combats require me to swap between the puppets to fight effectively. Story is involving and pretty broad. I also like that there were special unique stories for each of three main puppets. The voice acting is interesting, various. Though the Devourer sometimes sounds a little too much cocky and shamans were just...weird.

There is crafting system in the game, but for some reason I wasn't interested in doing that at all. Especially since by the time I get a recipe, I would already have found a better armor or a weapon. Except for healing herbs and potions. Those came in handy. Practically every character has his/her own unique set of armors and weapons, usable only by that character. T'is interesting. What I also liked about them puppets, was that every single one is somehow balanced, there is not one overpowered character that you would use in entire game. Ironclad Zombie is probably strongest by now, but it is also the slowest.

Other than what I have said already, I don't know what else to tell. What I'd like better, might be more calm music (usually the music keeps you on edge, as if battle is just around the corner). Performance could be a little bit better. But for rpg lovers, the game is worth a shot.

Gentlemen! Please, take another look at my given list of games. I am open for another challenge!
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Dessimu
Dessimu: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms :: Progress update 2 :: Final
Assigned by PaterAlf

I have finished the game! Well, Book I: The Devourer of Souls. I have defeated the final boss in this part of the game, unlocked the portal to Kyallisar and so, I must wait for Book II: Age of Demons to be released.
Congratulations! That was faster than I expected.
PaterAlf: Congratulations! That was faster than I expected.
Thank you! Finished it pretty fast just because I was near the Book 1 end. Which is sad. I'd love to continue the game. Anyway, time for a new game to finish.