It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ganni1987: Thanks for the headsup, just one question - What's the status on Serious Sam's Bogus Detour? The Linux verion is available only on Steam.
This question was answered by the game developer themselves: https://steamcommunity.com/app/272620/discussions/0/2333276539612515888/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

liamdawe: I would like to know when GOG Galaxy will see an actual Linux release.
shmerl: Do you know if Galaxy folks are planning to eventually contribute some documentation, to help with community client for Linux? Right now there is a reverse engineered project already, but official input can be still useful.
I am not the best person to answer these questions as I don't work on the client - I work with the games and the offline installers. So, nothing to share from my side, in concern of being inaccurate.

king_mosiah: Strange... I have glibc 2.25 and the 64-bit version of Gone Home runs fine without this fix.

Edit: The 64 bit version of Hatoful Boyfriend works without the fix too.
Very curious! What distro do you use?

shmerl: Thanks for the pointer! It didn't yet arrive in Debian testing, but it's going to soon enough. At least it's good that using jemalloc helps.
Yeah, it's not even in Sid yet. Good old grandpa Debian <3

immi101: no, 2.25 is still blocked on Gentoo.
but from reading the linked bugzilla entry I expect we'll see this fixed in the next glibc release.
Would be lovely if a patched glibc was a part of Ubuntu 18.04 - the next LTS we are going to officially support.

immi101: have you ever looked into using to a better compression method than the default ZIP one( deflate ) ?
The ZIP format would allow to use bzip2 or lzma as well.
though Mojosetup might require some work to support that.
We considered using better compression, but the gain wouldn't be that big considering the amount of work needed to integrate it with our installers. So we decided to leave it be.

vv221: No demand here, I just wanted to thank the whole Linux team for their good work on GOG games ;)

The GOG packaging is especially pleasing when I’ve been fighting with Humble installers for a while, where I see things like 'shadowrun-dragonfall-linux.tar.gz_2.0.9.zip'…
We are flattered - thank you!
Post edited June 27, 2017 by linuxvangog
linuxvangog: Very curious! What distro do you use
Arch proper on my laptop and Manjaro on the desktop.
Ganni1987: Thanks for the headsup, just one question - What's the status on Serious Sam's Bogus Detour? The Linux verion is available only on Steam.
linuxvangog: This question was answered by the game developer themselves: https://steamcommunity.com/app/272620/discussions/0/2333276539612515888/

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Is it now common that lack of Galaxy network libs for Linux causes some developers not to release Linux versions on GOG? It kind of negates the whole notion that Galaxy should be optional (since it makes it mandatory, or at least developers make it so).

Do you provide some help to developers in regards to making Galaxy optional? And related question - when do you expect those Galaxy libs for Linux to be available for developers?

One of the issues with it is timing. I.e. even if developers implement Galaxy for Windows in their games, they might never do it for Linux versions even if Galaxy libs for Linux will appear later, since they'll move to newer projects. It will mean those Linux versions will never come out on GOG. It's really a major problem.
Post edited June 28, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Do you provide some help to developers in regards to making Galaxy optional?
We do.

shmerl: And related question - when do you expect those Galaxy libs for Linux to be available for developers?
Same answer as the one regarding the Linux client timeline. But these two surely are linked.
So is anyone actually working on the Linux Client or is it in the planning phase? So many people are waiting for it (Position 2 and 3 in the most voted wishes). All the other wishes there aren't important for us, if we can't use it :D
Just give us a buggy beta^^

Thanks for answering all of our Questions :)
Another audio extracting script, this time for the Witcher 3.

Examples:
Gwent theme: 102065107.ogg
Post edited June 29, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Is it now common that lack of Galaxy network libs for Linux causes some developers not to release Linux versions on GOG? It kind of negates the whole notion that Galaxy should be optional (since it makes it mandatory, or at least developers make it so).

Do you provide some help to developers in regards to making Galaxy optional? And related question - when do you expect those Galaxy libs for Linux to be available for developers?

One of the issues with it is timing. I.e. even if developers implement Galaxy for Windows in their games, they might never do it for Linux versions even if Galaxy libs for Linux will appear later, since they'll move to newer projects. It will mean those Linux versions will never come out on GOG. It's really a major problem.
And yet another game becomes available here sans its Linux version- https://www.gog.com/game/sudden_strike_4
http://store.steampowered.com/app/373930/Sudden_Strike_4/

(although being a pre-order its possible that the Linux version will be added at or soon after launch, but from previous experience that's not likely to happen)

There are so many games I'd have really liked to buy here - a number of which that I previously contacted the publishers/developers about to ask about getting them released here - that I've had to skip because they're missing their Linux versions (just a few examples: The Metro Redux series, Dying Light, Tropico 5, Crookz, the Saints Row series etc.) & it's really getting annoying now. It mainly seems to be the "bigger" releases too.

GOG could (and should) be doing better than this. GOG's #1 selling point is their anti-DRM stance, and Galaxy being optional is another top selling point, yet for these games the choice is either DRM-free on DRM'ed (& locked-down) OS' or DRM'ed on a DRM-free OS, and Galaxy is apparently so "optional" that no Galaxy = no game. Could at least make offline + LAN (where applicable/possible) versions available for Linux.
adamhm: and Galaxy is apparently so "optional" that no Galaxy = no game. Could at least make offline + LAN (where applicable/possible) versions available for Linux.
According to @linuxvangog above, GOG are doing something to help developers make sure that Galaxy remains optional (if I understood correctly, he meant Linux case specifically).

It can be done for example by providing stubs, that don't do anything useful, but at least allow compiling the project on Linux with Galaxy API. However if GOG don't actually do that, it puts developers into situation when they need to maintain two codebases, one that uses Galaxy, and other which doesn't. Or they need to use conditional compilation, which also complicates the code. Some developers simply don't want to go that extra length for GOG Linux users.

May be @linuxvangog can clarify, what exactly they do, to make it easier for developers to release Linux versions here, while actual Galaxy libs for Linux aren't ready yet. Apparently it doesn't work very well in practice.

On a side note, if GOG are serious about Linux support, they should really speed up Galaxy libraries release for developers. I don't care about the client, but those libs are a stumbling block that prevents games from being released here.
Post edited June 30, 2017 by shmerl
This may not be the best place to ask, but I've tried literally everywhere else... The past two months I've had games running in fullscreen lock up while loading at some point or another. The game gets unstuck when do something like ALT+Tab or go to the activities screen in Gnome Shell. This usually happens with games I get from the repo, but it's also a problem in the GOG version of ToME. Things I've notivced:

1) Only happens to games running in fullscreen.

2) Oddly only seems to happen to open source games.

3) Does not happen in xWayland under Gnome Shell.

I'm running Manjaro and Xubuntu 17.04 and have had this happen on both Intel (Haswell) and AMD (RX 480) graphics hardware running Mesa.

Edit: Seems to be a Mesa bug that kicks into effect with some games when they start without a compositor running. Very annoying since a lot of DE turn off compositing automatically for fullscreen OpenGL windows, but at least I know what the problem is.
Post edited July 01, 2017 by king_mosiah
king_mosiah: Edit: Seems to be a Mesa bug that kicks into effect with some games when they start without a compositor running. Very annoying since a lot of DE turn off compositing automatically for fullscreen OpenGL windows, but at least I know what the problem is.
It's likely a Mesa bug with older OpenGL. Please report it to Mesa bug tracker with examples of engines where it happens.
king_mosiah: Edit: Seems to be a Mesa bug that kicks into effect with some games when they start without a compositor running. Very annoying since a lot of DE turn off compositing automatically for fullscreen OpenGL windows, but at least I know what the problem is.
shmerl: It's likely a Mesa bug with older OpenGL. Please report it to Mesa bug tracker with examples of engines where it happens.
I've actually never filed a bug with Mesa before... I'll see what I can do.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by king_mosiah
king_mosiah: I've actually never filed a bug with Mesa before... I'll see what I can do.
1. Start here and create a user.
2. From this page, open "File a Bug" and select "Mesa" as product.
3. In the new bug form, indicate your Mesa version and driver (radeonsi for AMD or i965 for Intel).

Good way to get your info is:

glxinfo | pcregrep '(renderer|core profile version) string'
Post edited July 04, 2017 by shmerl
king_mosiah: I've actually never filed a bug with Mesa before... I'll see what I can do.
shmerl: 1. Start here and create a user.
2. From this page, open "File a Bug" and select "Mesa" as product.
3. In the new bug form, indicate your Mesa version and driver (radeonsi for AMD or i965 for Intel).

Good way to get your info is:

glxinfo | pcregrep '(renderer|core profile version) string'
Alright, done and done.

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=101683
I opened a dedicated thread about the problem of missing Linux versions, caused by lack of Linux Galaxy libs. Please comment there and provide some examples you know about.
king_mosiah: Alright, done and done.
Thanks!
Post edited July 04, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Thanks!
Seems to be a DRI3 problem. Could you try 'LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1' with OpenJK?