It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ganni1987: Dev Response:

Hey guys, we're looking into this. So hopefully some good news about updating the GOG (and I suppose Humble) build next week. More info next week Mon-Wed, hang tight!
Ganni1987:
Seems like they only decided to start doing stuff when GOG itself started asking.
Linux version of Undertale was released here.

The soundtrack is great:
https://tobyfox.bandcamp.com/track/bonetrousle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efQ-1oDFXLE (remix)
Post edited July 19, 2016 by shmerl
Wish linux installs would tell one if it encounters something it don't like.

I'm installing Ubuntu Mate, and spend 30 minutes stuck at the preparing to install screen, because I forgot to disconect my external hdd.

EDIT: Installed OK
Post edited July 19, 2016 by te_lanus
Many programs certainly could learn to do just that, inform when they get stuck and what is blocking them.
Good news for Trine 3 and Linux users, the dev has sent the updated builds to both GOG and Humble today, so hopefully it shouldn't be long now.

Dev update:

We've delivered the new builds to GOG and Humble. Quite a hassle but should work once available, hopefully doesn't take too long.
Despite the good news I don't see how this was a hassle, because the way I see it they knew they released the game on GOG so it should be common sense to support them the same way as Steam.

EDIT: The latest version is now live on GOG :-)
Post edited July 20, 2016 by Ganni1987
What happened to this thread? It's reduced to like 2 pages now?

UPDATE: must have been some GOG glitch. It's back to normal. That was weird.
Post edited July 20, 2016 by shmerl
About extracting System Shock remake demo soundtrack (on Linux).

Don't forget to back the project if they'll reach $1.1 million (then they'll make the Linux version).
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

There is one week left, so they'll probably reach it, since it's already quite close.
Post edited July 21, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: About extracting System Shock remake demo soundtrack (on Linux).

Don't forget to back the project if they'll reach $1.1 million (then they'll make the Linux version).
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

There is one week left, so they'll probably reach it, since it's already quite close.
Last I checked that KS was at the 1,065,xxx mark now at 1,080+ :O

I guess with a week left, I should just try the demo and see how it fares performance wise.
Ganni1987: I guess with a week left, I should just try the demo and see how it fares performance wise.
It works quite well for me. I'm impressed in how Unity has improved.
Post edited July 21, 2016 by shmerl
Small Reminder for Mount and Blade fans, this thread has "extract and run" patches for Linux Mint 17 and 18 users.

Quick Guide:

Installation is simple - Download the archive for your Mint distro > Unzip in the game's main folder > run the game.

Disclaimer: These patches will not modify your system in any way, so there's no risk of breaking it.
you have to extend the space otherwise it will overwrite on it. there is no any other solution of this.

Few months ago, the Linux version of Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition was installed successfully on my laptop. It is an old machine with Intel video card, running Debian. Played the game some time (a true classic), then uninstalled it.

Last week decided to install it again. Download and installation went without error. Then I started the game ... and nothing happened.

OK, that was strange, the same game was running OK few months ago. Tried to start the game from a terminal, and there it was, the error message:

libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so

Spent the next few hours on the Internets, only to find this has happened to many people. The driver might be for a different video card, the issue is the same. There were many solutions proposed - update your packages, edit files, and so on. None of them solved my issue. It was really strange, because I havent changed anything in the setup of my machine. The only changes were the regular package updates.

And, finally, the solution was found. It is described on the GOG Wiki (an interesting site I've never heard of): Game fails to start and prints "libGL error"

As recommended there, I've renamed 'libstdc++.so.6' to 'libstdc++.so.6_BACKUP' in game's 'lib' directory. Started the game from the terminal ... and this time there was another error:

IcewindDale: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb-dri3.so.0: undefined symbol: xcb_send_request_with_fds

Again, WTF situation. What if I try the same trick as above? Well, it worked - renamed 'libxcb.so.1' to 'libxcb.so.1_BACKUP', and the game started without issues!

So, it seems stuff like this could happen when you:
* Run a game based on the Infinity engine.
* Use a Linux distribution that is not Ubuntu, and update your system regularly.

Hope this information would be helpful if you find yourself in the same situation.
wsnavigator: libGL error: unable to load driver: i965_dri.so
(…)
IcewindDale: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb-dri3.so.0: undefined symbol: xcb_send_request_with_fds
If you’re using a distribution based on Debian, the dedicated ./play.it script will avoid this kind of bug ;-)
Hoping to get the best Linux laptop for gaming this Christmas.
Post edited October 17, 2016 by sasuke12