It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ganni1987: Thanks, mine's the same.
shmerl: The game works OK for me by the way. Why do you think it's corrupted?
During manual Unzip terminal reports this error:
error: End-of-centdir-64 signature not where expected (prepended bytes?)
(attempting to process anyway)
But now I see it does the same with any other GOG game when you extract them with the unzip command, so it's nothing to worry about.

As for the game itself it's crashing right after I start a new game, Reinstalling and clearing all the settings files atm.
Yeah, I noticed that when unzipping, and it doesn't happen always (for example Armikrog unzips without such message).

I installed Wasteland 2 running mojosetup by the way.
shmerl: Yeah, I noticed that when unzipping, and it doesn't happen always (for example Armikrog unzips without such message).

I installed Wasteland 2 running mojosetup by the way.
Wasteland 2 is behaving like this for me:

1) If I start new game, my cursor doesn't work and I can only type in the radio chat with no means of cancelling unless I'm doing something wrong and I have to ALT+F4 the game.

2) After I relaunch it I can click on Continue and the loading freezes, ALT+F4 again.

3) After I reopen it and try to start a new game > choose party and the game crashes on loading then.
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: 3) After I reopen it and try to start a new game > choose party and the game crashes on loading then.
Try running it from the terminal and see what errors happen there.
Ganni1987: 3) After I reopen it and try to start a new game > choose party and the game crashes on loading then.
shmerl: Try running it from the terminal and see what errors happen there.
From terminal:

Running Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Set current directory to /home/jojo/Main/PC Games/Wasteland 2/game
Found path: /home/jojo/Main/PC Games/Wasteland 2/game/WL2
Mono path[0] = '/home/jojo/Main/PC Games/Wasteland 2/game/WL2_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/jojo/Main/PC Games/Wasteland 2/game/WL2_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/jojo/Main/PC Games/Wasteland 2/game/WL2_Data/Mono/etc'
displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.4
displaymanager : trying .X11-unix
client :0 has 1 screens
displaymanager screen (0): 1920 x 1080
Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs
support/gog_com.shlib: line 94: 4292 Aborted ./"${bin_64}"
The crashes are the same on both of my 2 systems i5 2400/ GTX 760/ Linux Mint 17.2 and i5 4590/ GTX 960/ Linux Mint 17.1

I've reported a more in detail bug report on the official inXile forums, there's a whole plethora of issues with this release so I guess I better wait till the water settles before starting the game.
Post edited October 15, 2015 by Ganni1987
For anyone getting crashes and no text with Wasteland 2 DC on Linux please check this thread: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14060 (namely the post by user kDomb98).

I tried what he suggested on Linux Mint 17.1 and it works. :-)

@shmerl: Can you please check if you have those entries in your '/etc/security/limits.conf' file? Thanks
Post edited October 16, 2015 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: @shmerl: Can you please check if you have those entries in your '/etc/security/limits.conf' file? Thanks
My limits.conf is default (i.e. everything is commented out there).

May be defaults for Mint and Debian testing differ for nofile (open files limit).

Here is my value:

ulimit -n
Post edited October 16, 2015 by shmerl
Ganni1987: @shmerl: Can you please check if you have those entries in your '/etc/security/limits.conf' file? Thanks
shmerl: My limits.conf is default (i.e. everything is commented out there).

May be defaults for Mint and Debian testing differ for nofile (open files limit).

Here is my value:

ulimit -n
Thanks,

I had everything commented out too until I added the 2 lines mentioned on the forum.
Is it me or is this normal gog installer behaviour on 1024x600 screens?
I can still install the game, just installer doesn't fit my screen resolution very well : )
Attachments:
gog_scr.jpg (175 Kb)
mike_cesara: Is it me or is this normal gog installer behaviour on 1024x600 screens?
I can still install the game, just installer doesn't fit my screen resolution very well : )
I normally unpack the installers without running them if the game has had a meaningful update since the newest tarball in my stack of backups, so I had to run the Xenonauts installer to check.

They're not supposed to look like that. GOG did definitely force their installers to a larger minimum size than I remember from last time I ran a Humble installer, but the Xenonauts installer is 816x585, not that strange portrait layout you got.
Attachments:
mike_cesara: Is it me or is this normal gog installer behaviour on 1024x600 screens?
ssokolow: I normally unpack the installers without running them if the game has had a meaningful update since the newest tarball in my stack of backups, so I had to run the Xenonauts installer to check.

They're not supposed to look like that. GOG did definitely force their installers to a larger minimum size than I remember from last time I ran a Humble installer, but the Xenonauts installer is 816x585, not that strange portrait layout you got.
K. Thanks a lot! May have a closer look into the issue or not.
I was just wondering if that's normal, for some reason buttons are below visible area, not a big problem though : )
Can someone clear a confusion for me? What's the proper way to install games via *.sh file(GOG installer) if I want the game to be in usr/local/games/ folder and accessible to everyone? I start script via root account and both Witcher 2 and Beneath A Steal Sky end up in /usr/local/games/ folder with 700 permissions which, I think, isn't how it supposed to be. Only their directories have this restriction since all files are either 755 or 644.

Changing permissions to folders recursively is a one line command, but it's still inconvenient. Also, are games supposed to properly work in non-writable for user folder?
Lotan: Can someone clear a confusion for me? What's the proper way to install games via *.sh file(GOG installer) if I want the game to be in usr/local/games/ folder and accessible to everyone? I start script via root account and both Witcher 2 and Beneath A Steal Sky end up in /usr/local/games/ folder with 700 permissions which, I think, isn't how it supposed to be. Only their directories have this restriction since all files are either 755 or 644.

Changing permissions to folders recursively is a one line command, but it's still inconvenient. Also, are games supposed to properly work in non-writable for user folder?
I recommend giving r/w permissions to your user for the location you want to install those games, and then run the installer as your regular user, not as root. Or you can make a group with r/w permissions for that location and add your user to that group.

You can also simply run unzip on the .sh and then place the unpacked game wherever you want.
Post edited October 25, 2015 by shmerl
And it would still install with 700 folder permissions. That's the general issue - it creates destination folders with 700 permissions.
Lotan: And it would still install with 700 folder permissions. That's the general issue - it creates destination folders with 700 permissions.
If you do it under your own user, it shouldn't be an issue. However it can be an issue with zip data. Let me check Beneath A Seel Sky.

UPDATE:
When I do unzip on .sh package, I don't see any directorates with 700

It must be an installer issue. You better report this to GOG support.
Post edited October 25, 2015 by shmerl