It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: That's weird. Are you using UEFI?
Themken: NOT using UEFI since it was not invented when my laptop was made back in 2007. It might be that kernel expected UEFI and either has no support for BIOS or needed some of those whatever-they-are-called looks like this: -option B
I see. Then try restoring BIOS grub using a live image. There are guides for that.
shmerl: I see. Then try restoring BIOS grub using a live image. There are guides for that.
This is what I thought of doing but wanted to ask if anyone knew of any other method since I cannot seem to find my live stick. A big thanks for that nice guide though :-)

I will buy something newer this year.

Confirming my laptop was broken.
Post edited November 16, 2018 by Themken
Themken: This is what I thought of doing but wanted to ask if anyone knew of any other method since I cannot seem to find my live stick. A big thanks for that nice guide though :-)

I will buy something newer this year.
Yeah, regular BIOS uses special boot record on the drive, so fixing it is harder manually. You can use any storage for live image, even external hard drive would work.

I usually use SystemRescueCD Gentoo image for such stuff.
Post edited October 11, 2018 by shmerl
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
Post edited March 30, 2021 by klorax
klorax: (Can't find it on for example Baldur's Gate I and II: Enhanced Editions, but I find it hidden deep in their support pages)
Baldur's Gate EE games aren't using Wine. For instance Flatout 2 is, and GOG list it in the Linux system requirements tab: https://www.gog.com/game/flatout_2
Post edited October 15, 2018 by shmerl
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
Post edited March 30, 2021 by klorax
klorax: (…)
If you have difficulties installing and running Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition on Arch Linux, you might want to give a try to this alternative installation method, with automatic dependencies handling:
[./play.it] Install the Baldur's Gate games on Linux
This is a warning to all Linux users looking to buy Pathfinder: Kingmaker, first of all let me start with the pre-order, the game was available as a pre-order for Win/Mac/Linux however since release (25th September) till today (12th November), these pre-order bonuses are unavailable for Linux users - False advertising? Pretty much so.

Secondly their 1st post-release DLC called Bloody Mess (feel free to insert pun), is also not available to Linux users.

I've already tried:

1) Talking to GOG (About the pre-order) - They said it's up to the developer/publisher to provide - So according to GOG it's ok to advertise a game with something and releasing it without it. So much for the curation which is apparently like every wednesday's national lottery.

2) Notified the devs via Email and Steam, I've been polite the whole time. All I got was a silent slap in the face, aka no response or acknowledgement at all.

So for the past and a half month I've been sitting with a game in my library, with less content than I paid for and even more less content after the release. Honestly if I could get a refund for it, even wallet credits, I would nuke that shameful game off my hard disk and library.
Post edited November 12, 2018 by Ganni1987
For anyone trying to get Undertale working on Ubuntu 17.10, the game doens't work out of the box with AMD's Mesa drivers by default. I have not found out exactly why, but taking the bundled libs (libcrypto.so.1.0.0, libcurl.so.4, libcurl.so.4) and start.sh script from Hyper Light Drifter (same engine) and placing them in the 'Undertale/game/' directory fixed the issue. You'll just need to edit the .sh and replace the HLD binarie's name with Undertale's like so:

#!/bin/bash
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./runner

I'm aware this isn't the advised way of doing this, but I distro hop fairly often, so it's a bit more convenient.
king_mosiah: For anyone trying to get Undertale working on Ubuntu 17.10, the game doens't work out of the box with AMD's Mesa drivers by default. I have not found out exactly why, but taking the bundled libs (libcrypto.so.1.0.0, libcurl.so.4, libcurl.so.4) and start.sh script from Hyper Light Drifter (same engine) and placing them in the 'Undertale/game/' directory fixed the issue. You'll just need to edit the .sh and replace the HLD binarie's name with Undertale's like so:

#!/bin/bash

I'm aware this isn't the advised way of doing this, but I distro hop fairly often, so it's a bit more convenient.
Those libraries are unrelated to Mesa, In the Debian family "libcrypto" is found in the 'libssl1.0.0' package and "libcurl4" in the 'libcurl3' package. Most likely the 2 games were built on a similarly aged distro and more importantly, they are both 32bit games. With that said, using the ones from your repo should also work just fine.
Regarding Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I will try to determine how the Windows version is activating/registering the DLC and will try to replicate it on Linux, I will not be able to share how to do it with pre-order content (for obvious reasons) but maybe I will be able to get the Bloody Mess DLC to work and possibly any free future DLC they might withheld from Linux users.

No promises, except that I will try.
Post edited November 17, 2018 by Ganni1987
king_mosiah: For anyone trying to get Undertale working on Ubuntu 17.10, the game doens't work out of the box with AMD's Mesa drivers by default. I have not found out exactly why, but taking the bundled libs (libcrypto.so.1.0.0, libcurl.so.4, libcurl.so.4) and start.sh script from Hyper Light Drifter (same engine) and placing them in the 'Undertale/game/' directory fixed the issue. You'll just need to edit the .sh and replace the HLD binarie's name with Undertale's like so:

#!/bin/bash

Ganni1987: Those libraries are unrelated to Mesa, In the Debian family "libcrypto" is found in the 'libssl1.0.0' package and "libcurl4" in the 'libcurl3' package. Most likely the 2 games were built on a similarly aged distro and more importantly, they are both 32bit games. With that said, using the ones from your repo should also work just fine.
I'm aware that they are unrelated, but I've seen reports that the game starts up with Nvidia. Is that incorrect? And as for the libraries, other GameMaker games DO work with the libs from the repo, but not Undertale.

As an aside, I still wish GOG would consider adopting either Appimage or Flatpak/Snap. It is getting to be more and more of a pain having to deal with older deps with games that don't get updated regularly.
Post edited November 17, 2018 by king_mosiah
Again, regarding Pathfinder Kingmaker DLC Result:

As per yesterday's message, I did try to get the DLC working on Linux and apparently found an even darker truth. I downloaded the entire Windows version of the game and made a list of all the files that were extracted. I have then installed the Bloody Mess DLC and made a new list of all the files in the game's folder, comparing the 2 lists only shows that only GOG-related files were added such as the uninstaller, no actual game files were added.

Even more I also sorted every file and folder by modification date, and no files have been modified in the process either. I researched the Bloody Mess DLC and the devs mentioned this:

Players may control the visibility of the new feature with a special setting - "Bloodstains" - which can be found on the "Game" page of the Options menu. The setting is turned on by default.
I can assure you that in the WINDOWS GOG version of the game that option isn't available: https://i.imgur.com/Od2ajE6.jpg The option is completely missing (not to be confused with "Critters instead of blood", that's a different option).

This only leads me to believe that the DLC Installers is in truth not installing anything, and not only Linux users are missing the DLC but all GOG users.

There is only 1 Thing left to try: Installing the game through Galaxy, which might finally reveal if it's just the offline installers are at fault or the entire GOG release.
Post edited November 17, 2018 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: There is only 1 Thing left to try: Installing the game through Galaxy, which might finally reveal if it's just the offline installers are at fault or the entire GOG release.
Did developers comment on any of this? I still haven't bought the game, but with such messy release I will probably postpone it even further.
Ganni1987: There is only 1 Thing left to try: Installing the game through Galaxy, which might finally reveal if it's just the offline installers are at fault or the entire GOG release.
shmerl: Did developers comment on any of this? I still haven't bought the game, but with such messy release I will probably postpone it even further.
Every message I sent (on Steam quoting them), including a couple of emails and in almost 2 months I never got a single reply, not one. I also checked the Galaxy setup (Installed Win10 in a VM), wasn't much to look at either. The DLC only installs a couple of files named "goggame-1329787908.db" and "goggame-1329787908.info".

Did those 2 files activate the DLC? Doesn't look like it and so far it all leads me to believe that the game doesn't carry any DLC's on GOG regardless of platform.

If there's no solution until next week I'll try and get a refund, have wasted too much time on it.