It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ssokolow: Not to mention that it's only going to become a bigger issue with time and, by the time hard drives have grown enough for it to start being common, some developers may have never provided a 64-bit build and yet moved on to new projects, so they're not providing new 32-bit builds either.
shmerl: Indeed. Who said EXT4 is immune to it at even larger partition sizes? Violating the spec relying on undefined behavior is a bad idea, and GOG clearly can do something to make sure developers are aware of this issue.
Look, like I said, we already ask developers for 64 bit binary. Yes, in every case. We also explain why is that needed, and the list of reasons is long. But it's always up to developer to decide.

The games that cannot get a 64 bit update are usually either:
- old and not updated anymore
- using a legacy codebase
- using a popular engine like Unity, in this case it's the engine developers you want to contact

I don't discard the LFS issue. But it's just one of many issues related to 32 bit builds and trust me, far from being the most common one.
Post edited February 08, 2017 by linuxvangog
king_mosiah: Havinge a couple issues with ToME... Firstly, I get the following error whenever the game starts: “Tales of Maj'Eyal Main Menu” is not responding. And the game gets stuck on loading screens untiI hit the meta key and go to Gnome Shell activites screen. Neither problem is game breaking, but are annoying nonetheless.

Manjaro Gnome AMD64

RX 480 with Mesa 17.0.2
Are you still getting this with version 1.5.3 of the game?
Hey guys,

Out of curiosity - has any of you been affected by this issue?
https://ctrl.blog/entry/glibc225-unity-black-screen

Btw since I'm here, feel free to ask me Linux + GOG related questions if you have any - I will answer them the best way I can.
Ganni1987: Thanks for the headsup, just one question - What's the status on Serious Sam's Bogus Detour? The Linux verion is available only on Steam.
This question was answered by the game developer themselves: https://steamcommunity.com/app/272620/discussions/0/2333276539612515888/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

liamdawe: I would like to know when GOG Galaxy will see an actual Linux release.
shmerl: Do you know if Galaxy folks are planning to eventually contribute some documentation, to help with community client for Linux? Right now there is a reverse engineered project already, but official input can be still useful.
I am not the best person to answer these questions as I don't work on the client - I work with the games and the offline installers. So, nothing to share from my side, in concern of being inaccurate.

king_mosiah: Strange... I have glibc 2.25 and the 64-bit version of Gone Home runs fine without this fix.

Edit: The 64 bit version of Hatoful Boyfriend works without the fix too.
Very curious! What distro do you use?

shmerl: Thanks for the pointer! It didn't yet arrive in Debian testing, but it's going to soon enough. At least it's good that using jemalloc helps.
Yeah, it's not even in Sid yet. Good old grandpa Debian <3

immi101: no, 2.25 is still blocked on Gentoo.
but from reading the linked bugzilla entry I expect we'll see this fixed in the next glibc release.
Would be lovely if a patched glibc was a part of Ubuntu 18.04 - the next LTS we are going to officially support.

immi101: have you ever looked into using to a better compression method than the default ZIP one( deflate ) ?
The ZIP format would allow to use bzip2 or lzma as well.
though Mojosetup might require some work to support that.
We considered using better compression, but the gain wouldn't be that big considering the amount of work needed to integrate it with our installers. So we decided to leave it be.

vv221: No demand here, I just wanted to thank the whole Linux team for their good work on GOG games ;)

The GOG packaging is especially pleasing when I’ve been fighting with Humble installers for a while, where I see things like 'shadowrun-dragonfall-linux.tar.gz_2.0.9.zip'…
We are flattered - thank you!
Post edited June 27, 2017 by linuxvangog
shmerl: Do you provide some help to developers in regards to making Galaxy optional?
We do.

shmerl: And related question - when do you expect those Galaxy libs for Linux to be available for developers?
Same answer as the one regarding the Linux client timeline. But these two surely are linked.
Hello folks,

I posted a couple of replies to some popular Linux-related questions about GOG on /r/linux_gaming subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/7fqucp/release_the_gog_galaxy_client_for_linux/

Feel free to join the discussion or contact me using the direct message system. I will do my best to reply regularly from now on.
shmerl: Thanks for more communication lately :) That's a pleasant improvement. Can you elaborate please, is it a general effort to improve communication by GOG, or it's specific for your team and Linux in particular?
We just decided it is time to show you folks that GOG has some love for Linux, even when it cannot be always seen :)

Themken: I remember there was talk from GOG's side about moving to 64bit only for Linux. (...)
Was there a talk?
linuxvangog: Was there a talk?
immi101: well, there was a question
Ah, thanks for reminding me!

This decision would certainly only affect the installers. The games would remain untouched - there's too many legacy programs that we need to support!
linuxvangog: ...
Gydion: So, what would be the official way for GOG customers to request a Wine wrapper: "show us your demand for such wrapper"? By and large I don't need them, and certainly not for JJ2, but I'm not aware of how GOG is soliciting requests for this.
Allow me to request a wrapper for Xanadu Next as Judas hasn't bothered to debug the color issue any further.
A wish on the community wishlist or another forum thread would be one way. In general, I try to actively monitor and collect feedback about Linux support on GOG using multiple channels, such as our forum, but also social media or Reddit.
Hi.
Post edited December 07, 2017 by linuxvangog
linuxvangog: ...
Gydion: So, what would be the official way for GOG customers to request a Wine wrapper: "show us your demand for such wrapper"? By and large I don't need them, and certainly not for JJ2, but I'm not aware of how GOG is soliciting requests for this.
Allow me to request a wrapper for Xanadu Next as Judas hasn't bothered to debug the color issue any further.
The color issue in that game is most likely related to DirectX 8 (at least I think it's DX8, could be wrong) not playing nicely in Wine in general. Not something I can debug all that easily :)
JudasIscariot: The color issue in that game is most likely related to DirectX 8 (at least I think it's DX8, could be wrong) not playing nicely in Wine in general. Not something I can debug all that easily :)
Gydion: Yeah, IIRC there was something about shaders being the problem, no corroboration. It very well could be shaders (I wouldn't know either way). If I were you trying to debug this further (or if I was just giving you work), I would start by getting a clean trace:
1) Install on a working system (so Windows)
2) Download current Windows' version of apitrace (recently updated)
3) Trace game. If successful goto next.
4) Replay trace under Windows. If successful and clean trace goto #7.
5) Failed trace then try with PixWin.exe (historical SDK download).
6) Replay trace under Windows. If successful and clean trace goto #7.

7)Replay trace under Wine. If correct replay then success, new info, link trace to bug report. If rainbow replay then failure, new info, link trace to bug report.
Based on the terminal output I've received, I can assume it's either unimplemented shaders or the shaders are simply stubs and would need to be fully implemented.
shmerl: Why did Ruiner came out as tarball rather than regular GOG installer?
muntdefems: Haven't downloaded it yet, but I'd guess it must be because it contains a file bigger than 4GB (much like The Witcher 2 and Full Throttle Remastered).
That's correct, the very same MojoSetup bug again. Gotta fix it one way or another eventually. Sorry for the inconvenience.

vv221: The Witcher 2 doesn’t come as a tarball ;)
The big file is actually splitted in two parts before building the MojoSetup installer, and a post-extraction script rebuilds the full file.
Yeah, that's the workaround we used. We're probably gonna apply it to other games as well.
Alm888: (...) what's the deal with "Shadow Tactics: Blades of Shogun" not receiving 2.2.2f patch for Linux?
Ganni1987: I'd like to know what happened to Shadow Tactics too.
We haven't received Linux files from the publisher yet. We are in contact with them and hopefully we should bring the Linux version in line with Windows and Mac versions pretty soon.
Alm888: And on another issue (see attachments). Seriously? What's the deal, GOG? Can't you clear your mind on this?
shmerl: Somehow State of Mind lost Linux from the supported OSes list :(
You have to ask the publisher directly about the platform availability. In case of pre-orders, we only list Windows unless we are 100% sure that Mac and/or Linux will be available on day-one. For now we only know about Windows release (which might of course change in the future). Other platforms popped up only because of our mistake. Sorry for the confusion.