It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Sadly. by the time I realized #1 wasn't going to get any better, I was too far in. I thought, shit I've come this far, I need to finish it!
BlueMooner: How would you describe DS?
Looks amazing, for when it came out, fun battles, great transitions, and then the same thing over and over and over! :P

It ceases to be original after the first half hour.
BlueMooner: How would you describe DS?
tinyE: Looks amazing, for when it came out, fun battles, great transitions, and then the same thing over and over and over! :P

It ceases to be original after the first half hour.
So it is just a hackfest. Thanks.
BlueMooner: So it is just a hackfest. Thanks.
Yes, it is an hack and slash ARPG / Diablo clone type of game, but what I found most striking about it, at least in the beginning, is how slow it is. Combat feels similar to that in Neverwinter Nights but simpler still and even more sluggish, and I thought that's pretty odd for a game that is all about combat action and doesn't offer much else in the way of RPG. It's not like Diablo etc. where you kill mobs within a few seconds, a fight with a single creature, even a low level critter, can take ages. I'm not sure IIRC, but it's possible that this is an ARPG where the real time action feels turn-based and your attacks can miss.
Post edited 3 days ago by Leroux
BlueMooner: So it is just a hackfest. Thanks.
Leroux: Yes, it is an hack and slash ARPG / Diablo clone type of game, but what I found most striking about it, at least in the beginning, is how slow it is. Combat feels similar to that in Neverwinter Nights but simpler still and even more sluggish, and I thought that's pretty odd for a game that is all about combat action and doesn't offer much else in the way of RPG. It's not like Diablo etc. where you kill mobs within a few seconds, a fight with a single creature, even a low level critter, can take ages. I'm not sure IIRC, but it's possible that this is an ARPG where the real time action feels turn-based and your attacks can miss.
So... not just a hacker, but a SLOW hacker? With even less tactics and skill than NWN? Woof. Thanks for the info.
I think the Steam Summer Sale starts today.

That is the LAST TIME I believe something I read on the internet. :P
Post edited 5 hours ago by tinyE