It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Sadly. by the time I realized #1 wasn't going to get any better, I was too far in. I thought, shit I've come this far, I need to finish it!
BlueMooner: How would you describe DS?
Looks amazing, for when it came out, fun battles, great transitions, and then the same thing over and over and over! :P

It ceases to be original after the first half hour.
BlueMooner: How would you describe DS?
tinyE: Looks amazing, for when it came out, fun battles, great transitions, and then the same thing over and over and over! :P

It ceases to be original after the first half hour.
So it is just a hackfest. Thanks.
BlueMooner: So it is just a hackfest. Thanks.
Yes, it is an hack and slash ARPG / Diablo clone type of game, but what I found most striking about it, at least in the beginning, is how slow it is. Combat feels similar to that in Neverwinter Nights but simpler still and even more sluggish, and I thought that's pretty odd for a game that is all about combat action and doesn't offer much else in the way of RPG. It's not like Diablo etc. where you kill mobs within a few seconds, a fight with a single creature, even a low level critter, can take ages. I'm not sure IIRC, but it's possible that this is an ARPG where the real time action feels turn-based and your attacks can miss.
Post edited June 22, 2019 by Leroux
BlueMooner: So it is just a hackfest. Thanks.
Leroux: Yes, it is an hack and slash ARPG / Diablo clone type of game, but what I found most striking about it, at least in the beginning, is how slow it is. Combat feels similar to that in Neverwinter Nights but simpler still and even more sluggish, and I thought that's pretty odd for a game that is all about combat action and doesn't offer much else in the way of RPG. It's not like Diablo etc. where you kill mobs within a few seconds, a fight with a single creature, even a low level critter, can take ages. I'm not sure IIRC, but it's possible that this is an ARPG where the real time action feels turn-based and your attacks can miss.
So... not just a hacker, but a SLOW hacker? With even less tactics and skill than NWN? Woof. Thanks for the info.
I think the Steam Summer Sale starts today.

That is the LAST TIME I believe something I read on the internet. :P
Post edited June 25, 2019 by tinyE
tinyE: I think the Steam Summer Sale starts today.

It did, but not impressed by the Theme/Op
tinyE: I think the Steam Summer Sale starts today.

wanderer_27: It did, but not impressed by the Theme/Op
ditto
I picked up the FPW DLC but that's it.
wanderer_27: It did, but not impressed by the Theme/Op
tinyE: ditto
Yea, I'll probably pick up a few smaller games 90% off, not seeing anything big of interest yet, but it usually takes nearly a day for everything to get updated.
tinyE: ditto
wanderer_27: Yea, I'll probably pick up a few smaller games 90% off, not seeing anything big of interest yet, but it usually takes nearly a day for everything to get updated.
I almost never buy something from the Steam sales because the prices simply aren't that good. At least "Rise of the Tomb Raider" is at the cheapest price yet (I believe) so I'm thinking about buying that - but I could also end up waiting for an even lower price in a future sale ...
wanderer_27: Yea, I'll probably pick up a few smaller games 90% off, not seeing anything big of interest yet, but it usually takes nearly a day for everything to get updated.
Geddes17: I almost never buy something from the Steam sales because the prices simply aren't that good. At least "Rise of the Tomb Raider" is at the cheapest price yet (I believe) so I'm thinking about buying that - but I could also end up waiting for an even lower price in a future sale ...
Depends on how developed your library is, I guess. I bought something like 20 games for less than $50. This included what I had left in the Valve bundle, as well as a PopCap bundle that I wanted so I could play with my son.
The Steam sale is driving me nuts. So much stuff for so cheap, but I doubt I'll actually play any of it. :P
Do I or don't I?

Cockroach Sim for a dollar, but why? Who the hell wants to play Cockroach Sim!?
But it's so cheap!
But it's stupid!
But it's so cheap!

BTW all of the original Hexen and Heretic games are way discounted over there.
It would be nice to see them here because obviously I'd rather have them here.
Post edited June 26, 2019 by tinyE
Fanatical Pathfinder Bundle

Pay €4.25 for the following Steam keys:

Convoy
Fantasy Versus
Dungeon Rushers
Songbringer
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern
Farabel
Savage Lands
Ara Fell
tinyE: The Steam sale is driving me nuts. So much stuff for so cheap, but I doubt I'll actually play any of it. :P
Do I or don't I?

Cockroach Sim for a dollar, but why? Who the hell wants to play Cockroach Sim!?
But it's so cheap!
But it's stupid!
But it's so cheap!

BTW all of the original Hexen and Heretic games are way discounted over there.
It would be nice to see them here because obviously I'd rather have them here.
The engines are open source.
The art is copyrighted & I don't think Id has full rights.
Geddes17: I almost never buy something from the Steam sales because the prices simply aren't that good. At least "Rise of the Tomb Raider" is at the cheapest price yet (I believe) so I'm thinking about buying that - but I could also end up waiting for an even lower price in a future sale ...
Yea, I hoped for decent discount for GTA V but it didn't happen, can't buy it for current price - but wait, you can get $5 discount from event... event bugged out for me... yay..

But to be fair, there is some decent games at decent price like NWN EE or Perception.
Trid: Yea, I hoped for decent discount for GTA V but it didn't happen, can't buy it for current price - but wait, you can get $5 discount from event... event bugged out for me... yay..

But to be fair, there is some decent games at decent price like NWN EE or Perception.
You missed GTAV being 8 USD last week.

https://gg.deals/us/game/grand-theft-auto-v/