It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux: Doesn't matter if you paid for Amazon Prime or if it's a free trial, should work in both cases. Source: I signed up last time during a free trial to get Shadow Tactics. ;)
cecil: ok question about twitch prime in the end does it net steam keys or are they DRM free downloads? I have twitch prime but also have mac and it seems one requirement is you have to use windows ;-(
Very interesting question. It seems that they might be "client-free" after download or at least some of them: https://twitter.com/wario64/status/980558907977302017?lang=en.
Gotta dodge the GOG/Steam summer sales.
vidsgame: Very interesting question. It seems that they might be "client-free" after download or at least some of them: https://twitter.com/wario64/status/980558907977302017?lang=en.
I tested very slightly and I was able to launch the game (Pillars) while disconnected from the internet, however that was still launched through the client. I didn't test seeing if it was possible to launch the game without the client or with the client removed entirely.
It seems the SNK games being given away by Amazon Prime are the GOG versions.

Not only are they the DotEmu ports but they're actually the GOG version which is using their key.

When you go to the multiplayer, it says you need to connect to GOG Galaxy to use it. If you manually add the game to GOG Galaxy it'll ask you for a serial to connect.

If you go to the folder of the installed game, you'll see it's the GOG version

Also some terrible QA. GOG games always have a shortcut to the game within the install folder. In this case, it's still there and pointing to "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Twinkle Star Sprites\twinspri.exe". Also goglog.ini has the line Dir_0=C:\Users\use0442\AppData\Local\twinspri (Source)

To which I say Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool DotEmu. What a garbagefire of a company.
Post edited July 04, 2018 by Foxhack
MadalinStroe: This would have been a historical low for The Witness on GOG. Are you sure this is correct? I missed it, and just now noticed your post.
vidsgame: Yes, it is indeed. Here's the official newsletter I got in the email: https://www.gog.com/newsletter/20180628_nl_after_party_en.
Phew! I thought I missed a great deal. In the link you posted, The Witness is 50% off, not 75% from your post. So, you made a small mistake. :)
vidsgame: Yes, it is indeed. Here's the official newsletter I got in the email: https://www.gog.com/newsletter/20180628_nl_after_party_en.
MadalinStroe: Phew! I thought I missed a great deal. In the link you posted, The Witness is 50% off, not 75% from your post. So, you made a small mistake. :)
I knew it. I do apologize for that. I thought I corrected it. I posted that before I knew I could just post the link of the newsletter. I'm glad you missed out on nothing.
cecil: I wonder if they are going monthly only?
I certainly don't hope so - I haven't bought a Telltale game in the last two years since I'm waiting for their next Humble Bundle! ;-)
yogsloth: Humble drops a zero again.

They haven't had a games bundle in a month. June 5th was the last one.
I think it's due to Steam's Summer Sale. I don't think companies can offer games in bundles that are discounted on Steam.

Broken Sword isn't discounted in the sale but is bundled on fanatical/bundlestars

Either that or companies know people will likely buy a game in the summer sale if it's discounted so won't bundle it, which will see them get less revenue.

I bet there's a bundle next Tuesday
Independence Day Flash Sales on Fanatical. A new flash sale every hour, with each one lasting one day. First Flash Sale is
Moonlighter (-25%).
Post edited July 04, 2018 by Grargar
cecil: I wonder if they are going monthly only?
Geddes17: I certainly don't hope so - I haven't bought a Telltale game in the last two years since I'm waiting for their next Humble Bundle! ;-)
I wonder would they do a telltale monthly? hmm possiblely could look like a this months unlocks are batman and minecraft full month covers almost everything?
Updating Grargar's post, the first [12] Flash Sales on Fanatical are:

Moonlighter -25%
Sir, YABH -98% ($0.49)
My Time at Portia -35%
War for the Overworld -80%
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds -43%
SpaceHDRangers(?) -85%
Longest Journey Pack -84%
Human Fall Flat -66%
Redout: EE -73%
Lego Worlds -66%
Lords of the Fallen GOTY -87%
Expeditions Viking -60%

They went up in that order and would expire in same order each hour - moonlighter has just under [13] hours left.
Post edited July 05, 2018 by bler144
Medieval Kingdom Wars is Fanatical's new star deal at 60% off.
7 more HOGs for your mum, granny, aunty, little sister - or just for you and me and my lame PC:

Cryptic Bundle 8 | Steam Game Bundle | Fanatical

€2.09

Ominous Tales: The Forsaken Isle
Beyond the Invisible: Evening
Tearstone
Entwined: Strings of Deception
Vengeance: Lost Love
The Rosebud Condominium
Where Angels Cry: Tears of the Fallen (Collector's Edition)
If anyone feels like overpaying for endless DLC, indiegala is having a Paradox Sale. Looks like all Steam keys (no surprise); a fair few have Linux versions as well.
For Completeness Sake (not this helps anyone now) the july humble monthly revealed these games:

Hearts of Iron IV
Blackwake
Portal Knights
Forts
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
Interplanetary + Interplanetary: Enhanced Edition
Serial Cleaner
Titan Quest Anniversary + Ragnarök

(glad I paused ;)

----

and the next months early unlocks are: (... underwhelming (to me at least))

A Hat in Time
The Escapists 2
Conan Exiles