It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well there's a "Lunar New Year sale" over on steam, too now.
haven't really seen any gaming deals yet, though ;)
low rated
This should provide an explanation.
lol (GNU's Not Unix?)
mchack: lol (GNU's Not Unix?)
;)
Anyone here played RAGE? It's on sale at Steam.
tinyE: Anyone here played RAGE? It's on sale at Steam.
I have, but it was a long time ago.

From the dusty archives of my mind:

+ Pretty game for its time, with good animations and a nice dieselpunk aesthetic.
- I had some strange graphical issue with the sky kinda twitching for some reason.
+ The weapons felt like they packed a punch, I liked them.
- Low enemy variety and linear levels that often were revisited.
+ Strange combination of FPS and vehicle combat/races, but I kinda liked it.
- Story ends with a dud.

Overall I had a good time, but t's hardly a must play classic.

___
And now for something completely different:

Sweet, my new browser checks spelling in English! It's sure makes it easier to proofread when it doesn't underline just about every word with a red line.
tinyE: Anyone here played RAGE? It's on sale at Steam.
MightyPinecone: - Low enemy variety and linear levels that often were revisited.
Sound like FEAR. I'll pass.
low rated
MightyPinecone: - Low enemy variety and linear levels that often were revisited.
tinyE: Sound like FEAR. I'll pass.
RAGE was OK, not the greatest of FPS's and a bit samey, but very satisfactory gunfights. At this price, it's very decent and more than worth it, but it is an enormous download...

However, if you are looking for a FPS, then Borderlands is on sale also. It is much better, probably one of the finest FPS ever made. You have the mix between FPS game play and Diablo loot hunting with a unique setting. it is even funny in places...
tinyE: Sound like FEAR. I'll pass.
amok: RAGE was OK, not the greatest of FPS's and a bit samey, but very satisfactory gunfights. At this price, it's very decent and more than worth it, but it is an enormous download...

However, if you are looking for a FPS, then Borderlands is on sale also. It is much better, probably one of the finest FPS ever made. You have the mix between FPS game play and Diablo loot hunting with a unique setting. it is even funny in places...
Have Borderlands. In fact, I think I have it downloaded.
low rated
amok: RAGE was OK, not the greatest of FPS's and a bit samey, but very satisfactory gunfights. At this price, it's very decent and more than worth it, but it is an enormous download...

tinyE: Have Borderlands. In fact, I think I have it downloaded.
then go play it. see you next week.

edit - start from Lilith.. I know most people says start from Roland, as he is the most balanced character, but I found him weak in the end game content . Lilith, on the other hand, starts off a bit weak, but when you get your first elemental weapons and build up her phasewalk, she is truly devastating. She is also the most weapon agnostic of the classes, she can make good use of anything as long as it has elemental damage. If you have the Knox addon (I think it was) there is also a class thing for her that make her a very good sniper.
Post edited February 16, 2018 by amok
I've enjoyed way more in co-op with 2 friends than solo but even so "forever alone" go for it. :p
In case anyone missed the front page, Dungeons II is now free for 48 hours.
Grargar: The Humble Hunie Sekai Bundle

$1
Machina of the Planet Tree -Planet Ruler-
RaidersSphere4th
Sunrider Academy (Also for Mac and Linux)
KARAKARA
fault - milestone one (Also for Mac and Linux)
fault - milestone two side:above (Also for Mac and Linux)

BTA
HuniePop (Also for Mac and Linux)
HunieCam Studio (Also for Mac and Linux)
Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition
Sunrider: Liberation Day - Captain's Edition (Also for Mac and Linux)
A Magical High School Girl
Just Deserts (Also for Mac and Linux)
More stuff next week

$12
Saku Saku: Love Blooms with the Cherry Blossoms
KARAKARA2
NEKO-NIN exHeart
NEKO-NIN exHeart +PLUS Nachi
NEKO-NIN exHeart +PLUS Saiha

HuniePop and HunieCam Studio have both DRM-Free downloads and Steam keys. The rest of the games are only available as Steam keys.
They removed the DRM-Free version of HuniePop and HunieCam Studio from the Bundle?
As a single player game I think RAGE is more fun than Borderlands. It has all those flaws listed above, but it's still quite enjoyable, not a future classic, but totally worth it at Steam's current discount price. Borderlands is like playing a MMO all by yourself, and at least on my rig there were some technical issues as well (don't quite remember, but maybe it was about the game not offering any way to enable VSync and me experiencing screen tearing? or about the controls?). IMO, Borderlands 2 is much better and doesn't require you to play the predecessor first. But I never finished that one either, since I didn't have anyone to play co-op with, and I think that's more fun than playing alone. Anyway, just my personal opinion, of course all of that is pretty subjective. :)
Post edited February 16, 2018 by Leroux
Alexim: They removed the DRM-Free version of HuniePop and HunieCam Studio from the Bundle?
According the bundle offer page: Yes. It was definitely offered DRM-free when the bundle launched.