It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After pressing it (on the browser) it says the game is registered to your Steam account. At that point you're fine really, no need to download it or anything.
MarkoH01: I would guess that it is labeled "Install Game" because that's what the button would do if you had pressed it while running the steam client. But it lso seems that steam does not realize if the button is pressed from inside or outside of the client.
Thanks, makes sense, and sounds like people are expected to access the Steam site using the client.
What's up with these links? I'd swear that they were proper hyperlinks a couple of days ago.
HypersomniacLive: What's up with these links? I'd swear that they were proper hyperlinks a couple of days ago.
Seems like bolding only the words inside the hyperlinks produces these trainwrecks. If you instead bold the whole hyperlink, no such thing happens. Let me confirm my suspicions:

<span class="bold">This GOG</span> is broken.

Edit: Yup
This GOG is broken.
Post edited August 25, 2017 by Grargar
HypersomniacLive: What's up with these links? I'd swear that they were proper hyperlinks a couple of days ago.
Grargar: Seems like bolding only the words inside the hyperlinks produces these trainwrecks. If you instead bold the whole hyperlink, no such thing happens. Let me confirm my suspicions:

<span class="bold">This GOG</span> is broken.

This GOG is broken.
Great, I'll just have to exchange the [ b ] and the [ url ] tags in my updates reporting script... :\
Post edited August 25, 2017 by muntdefems
Grargar: Seems like bolding only the words inside the hyperlinks produces these trainwrecks. If you instead bold the whole hyperlink, no such thing happens. Let me confirm my suspicions:

This GOG is broken.

This GOG is broken.
*sigh*

We just have to have something broken on this forum, don't we?

Wonder if italics are broken too. Let's see: <i>This GOG</i> is broken.

EDIT: Seems it's also broken. Let's see: This GOG is broken.

muntdefems: Great, I'll just have to exchange the [ b ] and the [ url ] tags in my updates reporting script... :\
Good for you, bad for me who creates those hyperlinks manually.

*makes note to add italics, bold and create hyperlinks in the correct order*
Post edited August 25, 2017 by HypersomniacLive
We have so much fun figuring out what still works in this forum and how to post things that don't work the normal way ... I don't think we need games anymore ;)
high rated
What blows my mind is that GOG is a game distributor and should ultimately focus on what they do BEST, and leave other things up to other people/companies/projects/whatever to do what they do best. Putting that into context, GOG are *NOT* experts by even the remotest stretch of the imagination on developing high quality web forum software, or any other form of communications software, and quite frankly they really shouldn't even aspire to want to be either.

Instead, what they should do is review pre-existing software out there and purchase some forum software that is modern and current, full featured and highly configurable. Software that was designed by developers who their core focus in life is going to work trying to make the best forum software available as their #1 job priority.

Then they would have a high end forum here for their customers to use, with built in modern anti-spam that isn't a broken hack. It would have a lot more modern features that people have come to expect from web forums, and it would be a major step forward. All of this for a minuscule up front cost probably less than what they'd end up paying out to hire developers to improve or rewrite their own custom forum software.

Does GOG have a huge case of NIH syndrome? I don't get it.
MarkoH01: We have so much fun figuring out what still works in this forum and how to post things that don't work the normal way ... I don't think we need games anymore ;)
Kickstarter idea: GOG Forum Wars Simulator?
skeletonbow: What blows my mind is that GOG is a game distributor and should ultimately focus on what they do BEST, and leave other things up to other people/companies/projects/whatever to do what they do best. Putting that into context, GOG are *NOT* experts by even the remotest stretch of the imagination on developing high quality web forum software, or any other form of communications software, and quite frankly they really shouldn't even aspire to want to be either.

Instead, what they should do is review pre-existing software out there and purchase some forum software that is modern and current, full featured and highly configurable. Software that was designed by developers who their core focus in life is going to work trying to make the best forum software available as their #1 job priority.

Then they would have a high end forum here for their customers to use, with built in modern anti-spam that isn't a broken hack. It would have a lot more modern features that people have come to expect from web forums, and it would be a major step forward. All of this for a minuscule up front cost probably less than what they'd end up paying out to hire developers to improve or rewrite their own custom forum software.

How could I give this a +100 the fastest way?
Post edited August 26, 2017 by MarkoH01
skeletonbow: What blows my mind is that GOG is a game distributor and should ultimately focus on what they do BEST, and leave other things up to other people/companies/projects/whatever to do what they do best. Putting that into context, GOG are *NOT* experts by even the remotest stretch of the imagination on developing high quality web forum software, or any other form of communications software, and quite frankly they really shouldn't even aspire to want to be either.

MarkoH01: How could I give this a +100 the fastest way?
You already did! The Astonishing Game! hehehe. :)
MarkoH01: How could I give this a +100 the fastest way?
skeletonbow: You already did! The Astonishing Game! hehehe. :)
Glad you like it. But seriously a truer post has seldom been posted and it would solve not one but many problems GOG has and had. Maybe you should contact one of the leading people on GOG to make them aware of this. In the end it would cost them less because of all the time and manpower that would be set free and which they could use to care about other projects ... including GOG Galaxy (which we all know they want to be as good as possible). This forum is an antique at best. I use several forums and I don't know a single one i.e. in which I cannot see the nickname of the person I quoted (just numbers here on GOG) then the problem with linking to posts after another has been deleted and so on. The list is just too big to not see that this forum is a thing of the past and should be changed completely. I will not even start with the broken search function and several other flaws. You can get used to it if you are here for years knowing all the bugs it has but they want to attract new people taking about games and because of that buying games. This is not the way to do this. If they want to compete they need to be up to date - at least a bit.
Post edited August 26, 2017 by MarkoH01
Rainbow 6 standard is still cheaper elsewhere, but Ubi are doing a "buy it for 20.99 and get 20.99 store credit" offer, which could then be used towards the year 2 pass when the sale ends - effectively making it £24.99 for both.

Rainbow 6 Siege.

Rainbow 6 two year pass.

Or on anything else ;)
skeletonbow: You already did! The Astonishing Game! hehehe. :)
MarkoH01: Glad you like it. But seriously a truer post has seldom been posted and it would solve not one but many problems GOG has and had. Maybe you should contact one of the leading people on GOG to make them aware of this. In the end it would cost them less because of all the time and manpower that would be set free and which they could use to care about other projects ... including GOG Galaxy (which we all know they want to be as good as possible). This forum is an antique at best. I use several forums and I don't know a single one i.e. in which I cannot see the nickname of the person I quoted (just numbers here on GOG) then the problem with linking to posts after another has been deleted and so on. The list is just too big to not see that this forum is a thing of the past and should be changed completely. I will not even start with the broken search function and several other flaws. You can get used to it if you are here for years knowing all the bugs it has but they want to attract new people taking about games and because of that buying games. This is not the way to do this. If they want to compete they need to be up to date - at least a bit.
Yeah, honestly GOG could create a new forum software themselves, and it could be awesome as shit too. It's just a matter of either assigning the right existing people or hiring new people to the task and giving them full resources and time to do it. I don't think it is the best use of such limited resources though in their case, when there are off the shelf solutions that are very effective either as-is for low to no cost, or to start with one and make changes that are relatively minor to the software in comparison to rewriting their own from scratch or continuously kludging the existing codebase with bandaids. Lets face it, nobody there likely WANTS to have to work on the existing forum code, and only does so in emergency situations to put out the fire. I can't blame them for that and would probably feel the same way if I were them. At this point they should 100% outsource the forums like this and not bother trying to roll their own solution IMHO, unless they are doing so by using outsourced software and making minor customizations to it.

Repeat everything I've said above with the game reviews portion of the website too. :) Perhaps disqus could be a start... or SOMETHING out there... :P

GOG has already used Proboards 3rd party forum software for beta testing and possibly other stuff, so they're aware other things exist and have used them. Probably only a matter of it falling upon someone's job priority to actually investigate such alternative solutions and pick one and make it happen. ANy change will require some manpower to put in place, administer, tweak etc. so it's not zero cost, but still it's likely the lowest cost than leaving things as is or rerolling it all in house from scratch IMHO.
Disqus serving offensive ads has made them some enemies and I know of a handful of websites that have stopped using the service due to this.