It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gotta love this new trend when stores go all «whoa, up to 90% discounts, go grab 'em already!!!», then you check the sale out only to find a token 90% discount, less than half the games at or over 75%, and then a majority of lousy 50%s and below. Not looking at anyone...
PainOfSalvation: Humble Freedom Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom
That deal is unreal.

It's worth it for The Witness DRM-free all by itself.
BS: All Stars 8 Bundle
Lethal League
Rise of the Triad
We Are the Dwarves
Ittle Dew
The Purring Quest
The Legend of Dark Witch
Another World 20th Anniversary Edition
The Last Federation
Stronghold HD
Mount & Blade
and a new Pick Mix:

Kalypso Pick & Mix Bundle
hummer010: My problem is that I own way, way too much of it to justify buying. The game I want most off that list is pretty much the one game that should be DRM free and isn't: Stardew Valley.

Edit: I already own 26 of the games, and one of the books.
Yeah, me too. 4 that I'd want but they're not worth $7.50 each.

But still. The Witness, Subnautica, Stardew Valley, those are almost worth the whole price right there.
NewUser__198444: HB Valentine's Sale
Surgeon Simulator? I guess it's got hearts in it. Um, yeah.
Chandoraa: Gotta love this new trend when stores go all...
You've clearly never been to anything like Walmart here in the US, who's been doing this for decades, and I wouldn't be surprised if it existed in some form or another way before that. It's certainly not a new marketing trick/strategy to get people in the door. Even if one doesn't buy what's on offer at the low low price, the likelihood of buying something else increases dramatically.
Post edited February 14, 2017 by mistermumbles

yogsloth: That deal is unreal.

It's worth it for The Witness DRM-free all by itself.
Unless you buy The Witness DRM-free in the current GOG sale for almost half of the price. ;)

The bundle has a huge bunch of great games in it, but like with many other bundles, apart from the most recent titles, most people who are interested in them probably own them already.
Leroux: Unless you buy The Witness DRM-free in the current GOG sale for almost half of the price. ;)
Indeed, this is one out of maybe two games in the bundle that I don't own that actually interests me, so I'm actually considering buying it here instead.

P.S. Games shouldn't really be an enticement to give to charity. Most people simply seem to use that as an excuse to pile more stuff onto their backlog. I really doubt the majority of them bothers much with donating to charity otherwise.

I myself don't even pretend anymore to be furthering "a good cause" with these bundles. Sure, it might do some good, but it's not even close to the main reason why I make such purchases.
Post edited February 14, 2017 by mistermumbles
high rated
Chandoraa: Gotta love this new trend when stores go all...
mistermumbles: You've clearly never been to anything like Walmart here in the US, who's been doing this for decades, and I wouldn't be surprised if it existed in some form or another way before that. It's certainly not a new marketing trick/strategy to get people in the door. Even if one doesn't buy what's on offer at the low low price, the likelihood of buying something else increases dramatically.
I think the reason why it's talked about at all here, is that (a) in this case it's GOG using those "tricks" despite customers' perception (encouraged by GOG) that they would do things differently than the rest of the industry, be more customer-friendly and not put up with the usual bullshit from other stores and publishers (in hindsight, that's pretty naive, of course); and (b) it's so obviously overhyped; none of the games explicitly mentioned in "Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher 3, Shadow Warrior 2, Darkest Dungeon, and more up to -90%" is even close to 90% off - in fact not even the cheapest game in the sale, Psychonauts is technically 90% off for me (0.99 EUR instead of 0.93 EUR). That's nitpicking, and I don't really care either way, just saying it's blatantly obvious that *none* of the discounts are as good as the announcement makes them sound, and I guess that's what people take issues with. Then again, GOG making big pronouncements that don't live up to the hype isn't anything new either. ;)
Post edited February 14, 2017 by Leroux
mistermumbles: You've clearly never been to anything like Walmart here in the US, who's been doing this for decades, and I wouldn't be surprised if it existed in some form or another way before that. It's certainly not a new marketing trick/strategy to get people in the door. Even if one doesn't buy what's on offer at the low low price, the likelihood of buying something else increases dramatically.
As a matter of fact, I haven't, and I'm not particularly looking forward to it. Come to think of it, I didn't express myself all that clearly. My beef is not really (or not just) with stores doing that, but rather with the "strategy" being adopted by stores that weren't particularly notorious for peddling snake oil. Namely this one. The "up to 90%" gimmick, together with stuff like "more than 70 games", where 12 of those games are the different "editions" of just 4 games, is the kind of bullshit that doesn't outright kill customer trust, but slowly chips away at it up to a certain breaking point. Which, over time, together with the general disinterests that's a side effect of the dramatic swelling of our collective backlogs, can only cause GOG to lose the mature, educated customer base that used to be the core of their following. Which in turn can't be helpful for the "DRM-free revolution" that was supposed to be one of GOG's cornerstones. Or I might be overreacting. What the hell do I know anyway?
PSN Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Sale.

Link

Final Fantasy games on all Playstation platforms are up to 50% off. FFXV for PS4 is also on sale but is only mildly discounted -- FFXV Standard ($39.59) and FFXV Premium ($64.59). Best deals from this sale are for the old FF games.

Some of the best values are listed below:
FFI + II Origins (PS3, PSP, Vita)-- $5
FFIII (PSP, Vita) -- $5
FFIV (PSP, Vita) -- $7.50
FFV (PS3, PSP, Vita)-- $5
FFVI (PS3, PSP, Vita)-- $5
FFVII (PS3, PSP, Vita)-- $5
FFVIII (PS3, PSP, Vita)-- $5
FFIX (PS3, PSP, Vita)-- $5
FF Tactics (PS3, PSP, Vita)-- $5
FF Tactics War of the Lions Remake (PSP, Vita)-- $5
Leroux: Unless you buy The Witness DRM-free in the current GOG sale for almost half of the price. ;)
Lol, didn't even notice that.

And yeah, like others have said, as great as the bundle is, I'm not buying it... because I have most of those DRM-free games already.
<span class="bold">The Humble Software Bundle for PC Lovers</span>

$1
System Mechanic 16.5 (1 year license for new customers only)
AirParrot 2 (two-pack, lifetime licenses redeemable twice)
EaseUS Partition Master Pro 11.9

BTA
DAEMON Tools Pro 8 Lifetime (for up to 3 PCs)
6 months of unlimited backup with Backblaze Online Backup for new users
3DMark Advanced Edition

$12
PCMark 8 Advanced Edition
VRMark Advanced Edition
1 year of Dashlane Premium for new users
Post edited February 14, 2017 by Grargar
Steam is also doing a Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Sale. 50% off all PC steam FF titles.

Link
Post edited February 14, 2017 by BenKii
Chandoraa: Gotta love this new trend when stores go all «whoa, up to 90% discounts, go grab 'em already!!!», then you check the sale out only to find a token 90% discount, less than half the games at or over 75%, and then a majority of lousy 50%s and below. Not looking at anyone...
Do you think it would be as effective for them if they advertised it as "Discounts as low as 30%"? It's marketing, it's not really a new trend.

The-Business: [...]

More content may be coming soon!

Runs for a week.

Humble Bundle will match contributions up to $300,000 (currently past the half).
Supports the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union), the IRC (International Rescue Committee), and MSF (Doctors Without Borders).
Just a heads-up to anyone considering buying this bundle - a number of games have now been marked as sold out for new purchasers, so please read the bundle contents carefully before committing to a purchase:
- Subnautica (Early Access)
- Nuclear Throne
- Super Meat Boy (no Steam keys left, DRM-free still available)
- No Time to Explain Remastered
- Monster Loves You!
- Streamline (Early Access)