It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

babark: I'm assuming though, that since these are all old games, they'll probably be through dosbox, meaning that they are DRM-free once you've downloaded and installed them off steam.
Not all of them. For those interested, only the following games use DOSBox:

Gabriel Knight 1-2
King's Quest Collection (1-7)
Phantasmagoria 1-2
Quest for Glory 1-4
Police Quest Collection
Space Quest Collection

The rest are either old Windows games, or actually new stuff (like Geometry Wars 3 and Velocity 2X)
Soooooooo when are we getting GOG Connect support for the Sierra games?

That's the only reason why I'd actually buy them on Steam, considering Actiblizzard refuses to add regional pricing to their games here because they're butts.
Foxhack: That's the only reason why I'd actually buy them on Steam, considering Actiblizzard refuses to add regional pricing to their games here because they're butts.
What good would it do without Mexican peso support to stop the price from fluctuating? If the currency fell more, the price on GOG would still be more expensive than on Steam.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Grargar
Foxhack: That's the only reason why I'd actually buy them on Steam, considering Actiblizzard refuses to add regional pricing to their games here because they're butts.
Grargar: What good would it do without Mexican peso support to stop the price from fluctuating? If the currency fell more, the price on GOG would still be more expensive than on Steam.
I live in Mexico. I get paid in Gringobux.

You do the math. :P

Really though, games tend to be 35-50% cheaper in the Latin America / SA region. I can get some games for myself at much lower prices than the US, if the publisher supports it. Actiblizzard and EA don't seem to like that at all.

And I'm pretty sure most people down here would prefer to pay $5-$10 USD (90 to 180 pesos) instead of $30-$50 for something in a retail store. And some companies like Bandai Namco RAISE the prices in South America to ridiculous levels... so.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Foxhack
I want TimeShift, but damn that bta.

Foxhack: Really though, games tend to be 35-50% cheaper in the Latin America / SA region. I can get some games for myself at much lower prices than the US, if the publisher supports it. Actiblizzard and EA don't seem to like that at all.
I was just checking some prices of those Sierra/Activision games, and they are now cheaper here than on Steam. Feels like someone forgot something, somewhere...
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Stooner
Stooner: I want TimeShift, but damn that bta.

Foxhack: Really though, games tend to be 35-50% cheaper in the Latin America / SA region. I can get some games for myself at much lower prices than the US, if the publisher supports it. Actiblizzard and EA don't seem to like that at all.
Stooner: I was just checking some prices of those Sierra/Activision games, and they are now cheaper here than on Steam. Feels like someone forgot something, somewhere...
I just checked SteamDB and these games are slightly more expensive in Brazil. About 1.36%.

What prices does GOG show for you? 20 or 30 Real?
Foxhack: I live in Mexico. I get paid in Gringobux.

You do the math. :P

Really though, games tend to be 35-50% cheaper in the Latin America / SA region. I can get some games for myself at much lower prices than the US, if the publisher supports it. Actiblizzard and EA don't seem to like that at all.
I know that Mexico has cheaper prices. What I'm basically saying is that companies like Activision and EA might require GOG to implement currency support before they offer lower prices (as has been the case with Russia and, recently, Brazil).
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Grargar
Well, five games that aren't here, including the new King's Quest chapters game, and my first copy of Caesar IV was enough for me to take the full bundle for a change.
Stooner: I want TimeShift, but damn that bta.

I was just checking some prices of those Sierra/Activision games, and they are now cheaper here than on Steam. Feels like someone forgot something, somewhere...
Foxhack: I just checked SteamDB and these games are slightly more expensive in Brazil. About 1.36%.

What prices does GOG show for you? 20 or 30 Real?
I have lots of those here, and most interested in Caesar IV which on steam seems to have issues... and the new Kings Quest which I hope will make its way here eventually.... so wallet is safe.
Very good bundle, actually pretty surprised at how good it is! Thankfully, I already have most of the ones on the BTA and higher, but some of base I don't have. I just find it very odd that Kings Quest Collection is on a tier higher than even the BTA, and yet Space/Police is on the base. o.0
Groupees Jamesbuc's Gaming Gems #4 bundle preorder!

https://groupees.com/gems4

$1.5 minimum for 8 games
Meh, this bundle comes a few weeks too late. I could have been tempted to buy the new King's Quest for $20 if TimeShift was included, but since the latter was recently taken down from the German store, knowing Humble and Steam, I'd probably pay for a code I cannot activate.
Castle of Illusion is discounted by 85% on Humble Store and other sites like BundleStars and IndieGala for 2 more days. This is the highest discount the game has seen and there is a perfectly good reason for this; come Friday, the game will be removed from Steam and other sites.

More info about this here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1271302
Post edited August 31, 2016 by Grargar
Fantasysci5: Very good bundle, actually pretty surprised at how good it is!
Judging by the reviews on Steam, quite a few of their versions (e.g. KQ7) seem to be somewhat inferior to the GOG versions, requiring some extra effort on your part to make them work on Win7+ ...

Grargar: Castle of Illsion is discounted by 85% on Humble Store and other sites like BundleStars and IndieGala for 2 more days. This is the highest discount the game has seen and there is a perfectly good reason for this; come Friday, the game will be removed from Steam and other sites.
Just a warning for whom it may concern - it's one of these games that you just can't play in your language of choice without having to change the language of your OS as well (unless the two already coincide, which they didn't for me). Not that it's that big a problem with this one, since there isn't that much text in it, but it's one of my pet peeves in general so I found it pretty annoying and thought everyone should know before buying.
Post edited August 31, 2016 by Leroux