It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trid: I guess some ppl would ask for refund but they wouldn't get it before flash sale end so it would be pointless...
Grargar: Not quite. Buy the game as a gift at the flash price, ask for refund, get refund and redeem the gift afterwards.
Well, we are assuming here that we would get the refund. So we would not play the game to much anyway (there is 1hr limit if I recall). But yea, it would make more work for them I guess.
Post edited June 23, 2016 by Trid
Trid: Well, we are assuming here that we would get the refund. So we would not play the game to much anyway (there is 1hr limit if I recall). But yea, it would make more work for them I guess.
Three things:

1) The limit is actually 2 hours.
2) I remember Valve mentioning that they wouldn't count it as abuse if someone decided to ask for a refund because the game ended up being cheaper after one made the purchase.
3) During a summer sale, people can be hoarders and may not play the game at all.

But, since the refunds policy started right before Steam dropped the daily/flash deals on the summer sale, we may never know how it would work in practice.
Post edited June 23, 2016 by Grargar
Siannah: Anyone who hasn't gotten Skyrim by now, won't change his mind because of a slightly better HD version...
Grargar: I actually would, if only because Bethesda might discontinue the older version.
Plus, I would be interested in seeing if the Special Edition will fix any bugs.
Discontinue? Last official patch was in March 2013 and they stated that it will be the last one. Don't see how it's "not" discontinued.
You don't have to buy it to find out about if and what additional bugs have been fixed or not. Remain sure that the Bethesda haters won't have anything better to do, than to compare the two versions. Which won't change the fact that the current Skyrim is far from a broken, unplayable mess - even without the unofficial patches.
Siannah: Discontinue? Last official patch was in March 2013 and they stated that it will be the last one. Don't see how it's "not" discontinued.
Discontinued from the stores. Essentially, I'm not sure if Bethesda will allow both versions of the game to be sold at the same time, or decide that the Special Edition will be good enough and remove the older one.
Siannah: You don't have to buy it to find out about if and what additional bugs have been fixed or not. Remain sure that the Bethesda haters won't have anything better to do, than to compare the two versions. Which won't change the fact that the current Skyrim is far from a broken, unplayable mess - even without the unofficial patches.
I'd still rather find out on my own rather than rely on the internet to be informing me that Skyrim is now RUINED FOREVER! :P
Post edited June 23, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: 3) During a summer sale, people can be hoarders and may not play the game at all.
Well, yea, in that case they could just wait for flash sale, but yea, we will never know. :)

For me, SS is boring (and, again, disappointing) without flash sale but I can understand frustration of other people and refund thing.
It seems the actual low priced deals only show starting on page 113 (bad omen? o.O)
The two so far cheapest (other then free) are:
GiAnt - A GiAnt Soundtrack (DLC) @ 0.04$ 99% off
bit Dungeon+ @ 0.24$ 94% off

edit: Also reviews say you should watch this 30 minutes free movie
Post edited June 24, 2016 by BlackThorny
If you, for some reason don't have Creeper World 3 yet, get it at 80% off. Crazy awesome game.
BoxOfSnoo: If you, for some reason don't have Creeper World 3 yet, get it at 80% off. Crazy awesome game.
Indeed. According to Steam I have clocked in 386 hours on that game, last played today... This is one of the best games ever made.

And while we are on it, vote for Knuckle Crackers next game on the wishlist - Particle Fleet. https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/particle_fleet
Post edited June 24, 2016 by amok
I can't buy anything. Got a few timeouts from Steam's server while trying to pay via paypal; now I'm blocked. :(

Crappy day.

Still ridiciouly hot. Bedrooms with a window on the west side should be banned.
I'm pretty happy with the discounts. Most of my long wishlist is discounted pretty well.
BlackThorny: It seems the actual low priced deals only show starting on page 113 (bad omen? o.O)
The two so far cheapest (other then free) are:
GiAnt - A GiAnt Soundtrack (DLC) @ 0.04$ 99% off
bit Dungeon+ @ 0.24$ 94% off

edit: Also reviews say you should watch this 30 minutes free movie
Here's a better link...cuts out the junk
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Price_ASC&filter=ut1
Yeah, I noticed that too, but it wont let me buy them :)
Grargar: Discontinued from the stores. Essentially, I'm not sure if Bethesda will allow both versions of the game to be sold at the same time, or decide that the Special Edition will be good enough and remove the older one.
I'd still rather find out on my own rather than rely on the internet to be informing me that Skyrim is now RUINED FOREVER! :P
They've said everyone who has the game plus all DLC will be automatically upgraded to the new version for free. People (such as myself) that only have the base game will just keep having the base game. Most likely they will remove the classic Skyrim from the store in favour of the new release, and probably put a higher price tag on the new release for newcomers as well.

What I'm curious about is whether I'd even be able to buy the DLC standalone later, mind you the Legendary version of the game which includes the DLC is always cheaper than the price of the DLC itself even though it includes the full game also. Nice ripoff pricing on the DLC.

It'll also be curious as to whether the new version of the game will come with both the old and new and let people lay either classic Skyrim or New More Expensive Skyrim both.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by skeletonbow
catpower1980: Damn, I wanted to check the Euro prices on the remakes Resident Evil 1 and Zero and the Scandinavian countries DLC for Eurotruck Simulator 2 but the Steam search engine is actually down :(
Cyraxpt: RE1 - 12€ -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/304240/
RE0 - 14€ -> http://store.steampowered.com/app/339340/
Eurotruck simulator 2 dlc - http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/

Keep refreshing and they will appear.
Damn, the two Resident Evil episodes were at -50% one or two week ago and I missed it, now it's only 30 and 40% :(

I'll only take the Eurotruck expansion DLC during this sales then. Thanks for the direct links ;)
Looks like is about bundles this year?

uh, steam I mean...
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Stooner
So the steam cards thing, selling them is only possible for people that buy ON STEAM (rather then through bundles) NOT ON SALE?
That's just cruel, I for one will refuse to buy from steam directly and only wanted to cash in these and previous cards...
I finally get a foil (is it really a foil if the tag says common?) and can't even sell it?
What can you do with them if not selling?
Attachments: