It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jeez, IG is releasing shitty bundle after shitty bundle. :D
madth3: Pitch Dark Bundle on IndieGala
... *snip ...
- Carp Fishing Simulator
Err, aren't Carp basically a goldfish, and completely inedible as a result? Why would anyone make a game about fishing *those*. Best part about fishing is you get to eat them.

Then again, there's a woodcutter simulation, pretty awful as I recall. Wonder if it's from the same folks.

Holy cow, there's a simulation for <i>everything</i> now! Yuck! It's less than $1 for those interested. Therapist not included.

Edit: pricing info, for those interested in the last game, and warning added.
Post edited November 27, 2015 by PincushionMan
PincushionMan: Err, aren't Carp basically a goldfish, and completely inedible as a result? Why would anyone make a game about fishing *those*. Best part about fishing is you get to eat them.
You left me thinking for second there. Apparently, carp fishing is very popular in real life. It seems there are more kinds of carp than the common one.
Post edited November 27, 2015 by madth3
madth3: You left me thinking for second there. Apparently, carp fishing is very popular in real life. It seems there are more kinds of carp than the common one.
Hmm, I didn't know that. Thanks for the links.

[Slightly thread related]
Steam seems to be simulator central. I found a Truck Mechanic simulator, Car Mechanic simulator (with optional Pickup Truck and SUV DLC), and even a Tea Party Simulator. All on sale for 50% off if interested (I think the DLC is $1).
I'd much prefer the TableTop Simulator than any of those others, but it really never seems to go on sale for more than 40% off.

Car Mechanic GOTY/Gold is 55% off (Base $25), Base game & DLC are not on sale.

That's a bit odd, in the Tea Party Simulator 2015, the visible hand and arm are clearly a man's. It's even a bit hairy. I suppose it could be a woman's arm, but those are some manly hands.
Post edited November 27, 2015 by PincushionMan
blotunga: Btw. Amazon has Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for $36. It's the best deal I've seen so far, but a bit steep for me atm.
Geddes17: Hmm ... anybody knows if I can buy and use that code from amazon.com even if I'm from Germany? Shouldn't be a problem, right? And since even with the current Euro weekness the price is about 6 Euros lower than from the Origin Store I'm really tempted ...
Since it's EA / Origin it should not be a problem, activation-wise. EA does not region lock but may give you you a localised version of the country you activate it in - happend to me when I acivated a traded Mirror's Edge key in Japan and got the Japanese-only Version.

The pressing question IMHO is: what happen to the the HDD-killing DRM of DA:I and The Fallen? or the rumors about it?
Post edited November 27, 2015 by dyscode
Interesting: https://blog.groupees.com/thanksgiving-dev-update-new-stuff/

"You already may have noticed, but I did want to highlight a new feature we just added. You can now Trade or Gift any item from a bundle, including DRM-Free files such as albums and comics, and very soon you’ll also be able to Trade or Gift entire bundles. The motivation for this is simple: Discovery. Ultimately, bundles are and/or should be used for Discovery. From this perspective, if you’ve acquired in a bundle a game, album or comic that doesn’t interest interest you, then it really does no one any good for it to remain unused in your account. By creating a way for you to share unused digital assets with others who are interested, we are adding value to our community at large and the partners with whom we are trusted with their labors of love."

Time for me to go through all the crap I have on there and send it to foxworks! ;D
Well, you need sometime interested in it.
Because it is... perhaps... elegant ?

FireFlower Games' BND

Rest a while and listen.
Attachments:
Grargar: New deal from IndieGameStand is <span class="bold">Planetary Annihilation (Steam-only, Windows/Mac/Linux)</span>. BTA for an artbook, three extra commanders, the soundtrack and wallpapers.
blotunga: $1.86 for the Digital deluxe isn't that bad a deal but seeing the reviews I'm kinda unsure.
Wow, Planetary Annihilation for $1 again? Uber has really decided to devalue the game now that they're focusing their efforts on PA: Titans instead. Oh well. Better for me, since I didn't grab it when it was a Dollar Deal on BundleStars. =P

(And now I can use Bitcoin to buy it! The only thing I use that for is buying video games, seems like a perfect match.)

Most of the reviews seem to be slamming Uber's questionable business practice, but at $1, they're probably not getting much revenue (if you don't want to support them out of principle, but still want to try the game).
Post edited November 28, 2015 by expopower
expopower: Most of the reviews seem to be slamming Uber's questionable business practice, but at $1, they're probably not getting much revenue (if you don't want to support them out of principle, but still want to try the game).
or in the case of bitcoin - nothing - not even a promissary note for silver.
My favorite underdogs and hidden gems on Steam currently available for small prices:

Fight the Dragon - $2.99 (80% off)
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - $2.99 (80% off)
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death - $2.25 (85% off, Steam key from GamersGate)
Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube - $2.49 (75% off)
How to Survive - $2.24 (85% off)

Fight the Dragon is a simple Hack and Slash Action RPG with random loot and leveling, the graphics and gameplay remind me a bit of Zelda (or Oceanhorn), but what makes it special is that it doesn't feature randomly generated dungeons and huge areas, but instead the heart and soul of it are small community created adventure maps with short stories (5-30 minutes), and it comes with a level editor that allows everyone to start building their own levels. Kind of like a coffee-break NWN, Zelda-style.

Max: the Curse of Brotherhood is a nice, kid-friendly puzzle platformer that in some ways reminded me of the 90's game Heart of Darkness.

Marlow Briggs is a God of War clone with an intentionally cheesy B-movie story. It's solid and a lot fun if you don't take it seriously.

Qbeh-1 is like Blocks That Matter in first person view, with relaxing atmosphere. (The only thing that's a bit off about it is that you can die and be reset to the last checkpoint if you miss a jump and fall off the map. But since the maps aren't that big it's not that much of an issue.)

I believe How to Survive was in a $1 bundle recently, so maybe it's not that attractive anymore? I still think it's worth it though.

And if you are less picky, you might also get something out of The First Templar, Demonicon - The Dark Eye, and Blood Knights. They're not really hidden gems and certainly not for everyone, but I've had fun with them despite their flaws (sometimes I'm easy to please). ;)
Post edited November 28, 2015 by Leroux
Anyone bought from this site before?

http://opiumpulses.com/product/893/might-magic-x-legacy-deluxe-edition
Leroux: Marlow Briggs
Doesnt that usually go down to just over a dollar when its on steam sales?! - or are GG not doing that much of a discount with it?!
Leroux: Marlow Briggs
Sachys: Doesnt that usually go down to just over a dollar when its on steam sales?! - or are GG not doing that much of a discount with it?!
Yes, it's been cheaper on Steam, but not right now, and it's still a good price for the game IMO. I mean I'm pretty spoilt, too, but this isn't a shovelware title that you quit after the first minute, it's fun and it's got quite good production values for a game that cheap. With some games it really pains me to see them sold-off that cheaply and become part of every second bundle, so that noone deems them worth anything anymore when they're actually quite good (*sigh* Enclave).
Post edited November 28, 2015 by Leroux
Leroux: (*sigh* Enclave).
I thought that was terrible actually.

O____o