It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux: Thanks for the heads up! I'm curious about it, but I've read that there are unfixable issues with running the Steam version of Call of Cthulhu on modern OS like Win 8.1? Something about a ladder or trapdoor early in the beginning, for example?
Grargar: Some info here. Long story short, the unofficial patch helps, but works better in the retail version as Steam's DRM doesn't allow all the fixes to be applied.
Thanks! I think I'll pass on it then.
Grargar: Some info here. Long story short, the unofficial patch helps, but works better in the retail version as Steam's DRM doesn't allow all the fixes to be applied.
Leroux: Thanks! I think I'll pass on it then.
It's a shame as it came out at an awkward time and never got modernized, and it's a quite good a realistic survival horror experience.
rz4:
Call of Cthulhu:DCotE (Wich is an awesome game if you haven't tried it yet for £1.63)

Don't forget to use the voucher: SAVE20-NOVEMB-GAMING to get additional 20% discount.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=siporozo
Leroux: Thanks for the heads up! I'm curious about it, but I've read that there are unfixable issues with running the Steam version of Call of Cthulhu on modern OS like Win 8.1? Something about a ladder or trapdoor early in the beginning, for example?
Didnt really have any issues with win 7 - and dont remember applying any patches either.
Sachys: Didnt really have any issues with win 7 - and dont remember applying any patches either.
WIn7 and 8.1 a quite some different animal concerning the backwards compatibility, lots of issue with 8.1 here.
I also did not have any issue with Win7 x64.
Leroux: Thanks! I think I'll pass on it then.
Worked fine for me with win7 (86x) and the unofficial patch (it really helps a lot). No clue about 8.1 though :(

But if you into the kind of FPS survival action horror games I can recommend Condemned:Criminal Origins currently sale at steam for 2,5 euro, for that price it's a steal and if it doesn't work you can always get a refund so it's worth a try :)
apehater: what was the highest discount so far for trails in the sky on gog?
Grargar: It hasn't gone higher than 50%, either on GOG or on Steam.
thanks
rz4: But if you into the kind of FPS survival action horror games I can recommend Condemned:Criminal Origins currently sale at steam for 2,5 euro, for that price it's a steal and if it doesn't work you can always get a refund so it's worth a try :)
I don't really know whether I'm into it, as I'm not sure what defines the genre and if I've ever played one. Does "survival action horror" just describe the theme or also the gameplay (e.g. very limited resources, very few opportunities to save, very hard to get through)?

In any case, it seems that German customers are blocked from buying it. :(
Post edited November 02, 2015 by Leroux
Leroux: I don't really know whether I'm into it, as I'm not sure what defines the genre and if I've ever played one. Does "survival action horror" just describe the theme or also the gameplay (e.g. very limited resources, very few opportunities to save, very hard to get through)?
Its probably a good one to start you off. Combat is pretty much melee and rather "thumpy" - you do feel like yer really slugging it out.
There are some collectibles in game, its pretty creepy overall. Gets fairly hard late on - but nothing too much. Might also be controller compatible (well an x360 pad at least).

I'd say if the trailer takes yer fancy, its probably worth a shot as a toe in the waters.
Leroux: I don't really know whether I'm into it, as I'm not sure what defines the genre and if I've ever played one. Does "survival action horror" just describe the theme or also the gameplay (e.g. very limited resources, very few opportunities to save, very hard to get through)?

In any case, it seems that German customers are blocked from buying it. :(
Yes, a very creepy game. It's Call of Cthulhu DCOTE but with maniacs, serial killers and junkies instead of Deep Ones !
I hope to see here DRM-free, because the retail version has Securom.
New deal from IndieGameStand is <span class="bold">Grapple</span> (Steam, Windows). BTA for the soundtrack (in .wma format).
Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I can't buy Condemned, and what I've read about CoC doesn't sound too good, apart from the great atmosphere ... it's not just the risk of bad performance, bugs and crashes, but also a savegame system I might not like that would force me to replay large sections, or confusing level design that uses questionable methods to guide you where it wants you to be (invincible opponents, randomly opening doors, required items of which you're never told that you need them that can easily get overlooked and become inaccessible at some point if you go on without them etc.). I guess I should focus on completing Bioshock first anyway, or give the System Shocks another try. :)
Post edited November 02, 2015 by Leroux
Leroux: Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I can't buy Condemned, and what I've read about CoC doesn't sound too good, apart from the great atmosphere ... it's not just the risk of bad performance, bugs and crashes, but also a savegame system I might not like that would force me to replay large sections, or confusing level design that uses questionable methods to guide you where it wants you to be (invincible opponents, randomly opening doors, required items of which you're never told that you need them that can easily get overlooked and become inaccessible at some point if you go on without them etc.). I guess I should focus on completing Bioshock first anyway, or give the System Shocks another try. :)
Maybe, but that's only sporadicly. IMHO it's on the same level as dismissing Bioshock for the Pipeline-Hacking metagame and not taking into account the rest of the game (BTW: I LOVED the pipeline hacking!).
But I surely admit, Condemned is not everybody's cup of tea. You have to work for it, esp. the melee. IF you are not willing to master that, you will have a hard time indeed.

Anyway, have fun with Bioshock and SystemShock! :)
IndieGala Every Monday Bundle of Steam games
Pay $1.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get the following 6 Steam Games.

Read Only Memories (STEAM) +
OASE - Other Age Second Encounter (STEAM) +
Swords & Crossbones: An Epic Pirate Story (STEAM) +
The Adventures of Fatman (STEAM) +
SWR JST DX Selective Memory Erase Effect (STEAM) +
Caveman Craig (STEAM)
dyscode: But I surely admit, Condemned is not everybody's cup of tea. You have to work for it, esp. the melee. IF you are not willing to master that, you will have a hard time indeed.
I was talking about Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth; it seems Condemned is not sold to Germans, so I didn't even bother to read about its potential flaws. ;)
gixgox: IndieGala Every Monday Bundle of Steam games

Read Only Memories (STEAM) +
gixgox:
Wow, I feel like this was just released.