It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

budejovice: <span class="bold">Build A Greenlight 33</span> is live on groupees.
Was wondering where all the cack went now that Desura is a shambling corpse. Mystery solved.
<span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Games Workshop</span>

$1
Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team
Talisman: Digital Edition + Frostmarch Expansion (Also for Mac)
Chainsaw Warrior (Also for Mac and Linux)
Chainsaw Warrior: Lords of the Night (Also for Mac and Linux)

$6
Space Hulk Ultimate Pack (Also for Mac and Linux)
Dawn of War II: Retribution - The Last Standalone
Warhammer Quest (Also for Mac and Linux)
Talisman: Digital Edition DLC: The Reaper Expansion Pack, Devil's Minion and Black Witch Character Packs (Also for Mac)

All games require a Steam account.

In addition, you can get access for free to Talisman: Prologue, an exclusive Warhammer wallpaper and the Golgotha Run novel by linking your Humble Bundle account to your Steam account.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: Chainsaw Warrior
Chainsaw Warrior: Lords of the Night
Worth the $1 (I say that as a fan and owner of the original board game)

Grargar: Space Hulk Ultimate Pack
Not bad actually.
Grargar: <span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Games Workshop</span>

$1
Hmmm...thanks for the heads up. I haven't actually played Talisman in months, but might throw $1 in for the Frostmarch expac. Don't think I have that one yet.
budejovice: <span class="bold">Build A Greenlight 33</span> is live on groupees.

[...]

Gigachess (also itch key)
The games didn't completely mortify me (maybe I'm just desensitized by bad bundles). Honestly, I'm a lot more disappointed that they passed up an amazing opportunity for a pun in the description of Gigachess. "How long can you survive the pawn onslaught?" Why would you not write pawnslaught? This would have made up for all the other failings of the bundle.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by expopower
Militia (also itch key)
I've tried a bit of Militia, as it caught my interest.

You can download it free from itch.io here:
http://brickroaddx.itch.io/militia

I've only found 30 minutes or so to devote to it, but I'm enjoying it. You have a small variety of troops (chosen for you) and you get a turn with each. Then the enemies each get a turn. Each type is constrained to move in a particular way. Your task is to eliminate the few starred enemies on the map. You're free to kill or avoid the rest.

The only big flaw so far is that the game describes your units poorly. So when you unlock a new unit, you're quite likely to get it killed because you you don't know how it moves or attacks. So it's easy to leave it vulnerable at the end of a turn. Plus, at least one of your units has two different moves/attacks, and you don't get to choose (or as far as I can tell, anticipate) which one will be available on any given turn. So you can't plan a group strategy around his magical attack, because he might decide to swing his staff that round. Perhaps I don't have it figured out yet. Apart from that, it's simplistic but fun enough.

edit:
Ah, later in the game I received a "tip" explaining how the mage works, so I should be able to anticipate now which attack he'll use.

edit again:
Having spent an hour more, I think I'll buy the game. I wonder which version the dev is likely to update in future, itch or groupees?
Post edited October 23, 2015 by grimwerk
Grargar: Chainsaw Warrior
Chainsaw Warrior: Lords of the Night
Sachys: Worth the $1 (I say that as a fan and owner of the original board game)

Grargar: Space Hulk Ultimate Pack
Sachys: Not bad actually.
I'm confused by this "Ultimate Pack" when there's an entirely different game called Ascension. Is this like the first game in the series with all the DLC or something? And if so, why would you want this one if they've just updated everything with a second edition?
Hawk52: I'm confused by this "Ultimate Pack" when there's an entirely different game called Ascension. Is this like the first game in the series with all the DLC or something? And if so, why would you want this one if they've just updated everything with a second edition?
The Ultimate Pack is the first game with all the DLC packs. As for whether the second one makes the first one useless, the developers had this to say:

There is some confusion about what the difference is between SHA and the SH game released last year.

To cut it clear and short:

Space Hulk = a digital boardgame conversion (TBS). Dice rolls, original physical version rules and all

Space Hulk Ascension = a single player video game TBS RPG in the Space Hulk setting

Neither game replaces the other - they complement the Space Hulk experience. Some like one, some like the other and some both.
Post edited October 23, 2015 by Grargar
Hawk52: I'm confused by this "Ultimate Pack" when there's an entirely different game called Ascension. Is this like the first game in the series with all the DLC or something? And if so, why would you want this one if they've just updated everything with a second edition?
see there : http://steamcommunity.com/app/317620/discussions/0/624074858783174641/

but honestly that doesn't really makes sense ...except to sell two products almost the same ...

to be clear ; the 1st is single & mulitplayers , the second is only single player.....
Post edited October 23, 2015 by DyNaer
Grargar: The Ultimate Pack is the first game with all the DLC packs. As for whether the second one makes the first one useless, the developers had this to say:

There is some confusion about what the difference is between SHA and the SH game released last year.

To cut it clear and short:

Space Hulk = a digital boardgame conversion (TBS). Dice rolls, original physical version rules and all

Space Hulk Ascension = a single player video game TBS RPG in the Space Hulk setting

Neither game replaces the other - they complement the Space Hulk experience. Some like one, some like the other and some both.
Okay, so the first game is a 100% board game adaption and the second game is a modification to PC with different rules.

Seems kind of silly, could have just patched in the second "mode" to the first game.

How about Chainsaw Warrior? Is that any good?
Hawk52: How about Chainsaw Warrior? Is that any good?
Personally I love it - but then I've had the board game version its based on since I was a kid.

Most balanced thing I can say is its got a cheesy 1980s type sci-fi storyline, is basically a (well done) mobile port and is a luck of the draw card / dice roll game against the odds. The basic idea is you have 1 hour to save new york - so the game can essentially be played through in that time, but you'll probably find yourself struggling to do it until you have the hang of the mechanics / play style.
Its not for all - its something of a time filler, but can be good fun over some beers as well. There is also an amount of strategy to it - but mostly from learning the game.

I dont really like casual games, but this one is "my" casual goto game. The sequel is supposed to be a much improved experience.

I'd say if theres another game in the $1 tier, it ight be worth the risk - but check the store page to begin with. If you dont like the look / feel of the look, you'll maybe hate the game.
Noticed there were some Konung fans over here, so here's a belated heads-up about the FireFlower Games autumn sale's Daily Deals : today (Day 4), there is a 75% off on Konung III (which you cannot get DRM-Free from anywhere else). So there you go. To quote the Daily Deals page : « New deals at approx. 6 p.m. AWST / 12 p.m. CEST / 10 a.m. UTC / 6 a.m. EDT » !

As far as I'm concerned, Konung 2 (another 75% off Daily Deal, already bought at GamersGate) was an entertaining enough experience that I decided to give Konung III a chance... Lo and behold, after signing up some time ago, I finally made my first purchase at FireFlower Games. :)

Incidentally, I can confirm the following about the Swedish VAT :

Impaler26: Autumn Sale at FireFlower Games
198 DRM-Free games and soundtracks on sale starting at 0,50€.
There are also daily deals
JaqFrost: Awesome, I just got myself a couple of daily deals. =) I always forget that FireFlower Games will deduct the Swedish VAT if you don't live in the EU, so the prices are even cheaper than advertised.
That 25% Value Added Tax, included by default in every regular price, really makes for a nice "Value Added Surprise" for all non-European dwellers... On the other hand, I cannot help but feel for all the Swedish and European folks out there. :(

Now, two things before I sign out...

budejovice: So what's everyone's FireFlower strategy?
yogsloth: Mine is: "That's just one too many distros for me."
After GOG, Humble, Groupees, and itch... that's all I can handle.
I beg to differ. The more DRM-Free stores, the better – especially when, as such is the case with FireFlower Games, they have a wall-to-wall DRM-Free credo. We need more of those (wish I had known about FireFlower before I splurged on GamersGate, Humble... or even the monster that GOG has now become) !

Sachys: Similar here - also no viable option for me to pay without bank charges either.
Edit: should add they expect an accurate billing address before checkout - and their data policy isnt clear.
What a peculiar comment... which I will not comment. ;)

However, I can testify that they DO NOT « expect an accurate billing address before checkout ». This is plainly... inaccurate – see attached screen capture.

As for the claim that « their data policy isnt clear », I think the little exchange with krillehog somehow... clears that smoke screen up.

Well, then : onward and all that. (^_^)

A good evening, good night, good morning, good afternoon or just a plain good day to everyone according to its own !
Attachments:
aquaSolus: As far as I'm concerned, Konung 2 (another 75% off Daily Deal, already bought at GamersGate) was an entertaining enough experience that I decided to give Konung III a chance...
The Konung games were on daily special the first day of the sale too and I was debating whether to get one or both, but decided against it due to my RPG backlog. Now, I'm back to being tempted again... ack!
Grargar: <span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Games Workshop</span>

$1

$6
Space Hulk Ultimate Pack (Also for Mac and Linux)
Dawn of War II: Retribution - The Last Standalone
Warhammer Quest (Also for Mac and Linux)
Talisman: Digital Edition DLC: The Reaper Expansion Pack, Devil's Minion and Black Witch Character Packs (Also for Mac)

All games require a Steam account.

In addition, you can get access for free to Talisman: Prologue, an exclusive Warhammer wallpaper and the Golgotha Run novel by linking your Humble Bundle account to your Steam account.
STEAMing pile of crap.
GTA 5 33%-off at GMG plus add the voucher at checkout and you can get it for £21.44!

Check it out here:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=siporozo