It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

System Shock 2 1.50 so tempting but am a chicken and don't like horror games how scary is it?
cecil: System Shock 2 1.50 so tempting but am a chicken and don't like horror games how scary is it?
It's an incredibly deep game with genuinely different main character choices. The atmosphere does get disturbing at times, and can indeed be frightening. It's ostensibly science fiction, but is very psychological. It deserves all the fulsome praise it has garnered over the years, and is even better with the Rebirth mod added in.
cecil: System Shock 2 1.50 so tempting but am a chicken and don't like horror games how scary is it?
IAmSinistar: It's an incredibly deep game with genuinely different main character choices. The atmosphere does get disturbing at times, and can indeed be frightening. It's ostensibly science fiction, but is very psychological. It deserves all the fulsome praise it has garnered over the years, and is even better with the Rebirth mod added in.
I remember liking the demo from what I recall. I quit Outlast after 5 minutes of ominous creepyness (It came in a bundle that's the only reason I even tried it)
cecil: I remember liking the demo from what I recall. I quit Outlast after 5 minutes of ominous creepyness (It came in a bundle that's the only reason I even tried it)
System Shock 2 isn't entirely invested in scaring you, like a horror game is. Rather, it's the anxiousness of survival that comes with any FPS game. But the environment is quite eerie, with the enemies that talk to themselves and the sensor ghosts. So you may end up jumping at times, but as I say, that's not the raison d'etre of the game as a whole.
cecil: I remember liking the demo from what I recall. I quit Outlast after 5 minutes of ominous creepyness (It came in a bundle that's the only reason I even tried it)
IAmSinistar: System Shock 2 isn't entirely invested in scaring you, like a horror game is. Rather, it's the anxiousness of survival that comes with any FPS game. But the environment is quite eerie, with the enemies that talk to themselves and the sensor ghosts. So you may end up jumping at times, but as I say, that's not the raison d'etre of the game as a whole.
I've found myself scared of CoD due to not knowing where the attacks are coming from and running out of ammo... LOL
cecil: I've found myself scared of CoD due to not knowing where the attacks are coming from and running out of ammo... LOL
I've found myself cowering in fear in SS2 at times when a butler robot or midwife has me cornered and I don't have a decent weapon ready. The immanent sense of death is all too palpable. :)
cecil: I've found myself scared of CoD due to not knowing where the attacks are coming from and running out of ammo... LOL
Well I'd imagine in real life war is a hell of a lot scarier then spending the night in a "haunted" house.
the.kuribo: Well I'd imagine in real life war is a hell of a lot scarier then spending the night in a "haunted" house.
Very true thank you for putting everything in perspective :)
TheBigLLS: 1 question though, how you, yourself follow it? Bookmark all those sites and check every few hours? add-on for browser?
madth3: 1. I have a fake twitter account that I use as a reader of notifications (not unlike RSS feeds). Most of the sites twit new bundles and deals.
2. Steamgifts had the good idea of highlighting the recent / active threads in their forums and I have caught a deal or freebie there too.
3. In rare ocassions I do remember to check a site which I have not seen in days.
Thanks again for your effort man ;)
madth3: 1. I have a fake twitter account that I use as a reader of notifications (not unlike RSS feeds). Most of the sites twit new bundles and deals.
2. Steamgifts had the good idea of highlighting the recent / active threads in their forums and I have caught a deal or freebie there too.
3. In rare ocassions I do remember to check a site which I have not seen in days.
TheBigLLS: Thanks again for your effort man ;)
Madth3 is awesome IMHO :)
IAmSinistar: It's an incredibly deep game with genuinely different main character choices. The atmosphere does get disturbing at times, and can indeed be frightening. It's ostensibly science fiction, but is very psychological. It deserves all the fulsome praise it has garnered over the years, and is even better with the Rebirth mod added in.
I bet you´ve never been to Ravenholm ;P
greenmangaming.com has a special offer for all the Deus Ex games.

Deus Ex: GotY (75% off) at 1,74€
Deus Ex: Invisible War (75% off) at 1,74€
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (75% off) at 4,99€
Deus Ex: The Fall (75% off) at 2,49€

Note that you can get all of the above in Deus Ex Collection (75%) at 8,24€
(which is cheaper than buying them one by one for 10,96€)

Another one is Deus Ex: Human Revolution – The Missing Link (75% off) at 1,74€ but if you get the Director's cut version it's already included in there. (and fits better the scenario in my opinion)

edit: There is also a voucher on gmg's frontpage which gives an extra 23% off : 23PERC-ENTOFF-48HOUR
They say it's valid for 48 hours and works on pretty much any game.
Post edited June 04, 2015 by phandom
yogsloth: Groupees "Be Mine 20" has appeared.
Can be reserved now.

$2.50 as is currently usual for Be Mine bundles.
Edit: DAMN YOU MADTH3!!!

Nice price for Pier Solace (+ more games) but i rather play it on the console! :)
Post edited June 04, 2015 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: Edit: DAMN YOU MADTH3!!!
Sorry?

:)