It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux: My gripe with it is that it seems so random and luck based at times. I'm stuck in the first Blackguards in that battle where you only have five rounds to achieve a certain goal, and that time limit would require tactical planning, but every time I try it the scenario plays out differently; a spell that worked last time and has a high chance of success suddenly fails and does nothing at all, and at that point I could just as well restart the whole battle, because it costs me at least one round of the already tightly calculated time. And it happens all the time, as if a chance of e.g. 80% actually means 50:50 (or even 40:60). Is this normal or am I doing something wrong and there are tricks to better deal with this?
I'm oldschool, I always liked this luck based component in the DSA-universe. :) I don't remember if it requires one of the patches or if you can change it in the menu, but "Blackguards" offers the opportunity to see the "dice rolls", so you can always see how much luck or bad luck you had. Yes, it's frustrating if you lose with a 90% success proababilty, but hey - that's life. ;)

Btw: Is the battle you are referring to the one where you have to stop a human sacrifice? If yes - that really was the hardest of all battles in the whole game for me, and I needed many tries and much dice luck to finally beat it ...
Don`t know any of the other games, but I`d say that bundle is worth it alone for Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube.
Even more so, as the dev is also making a level editor for players 8D
Geddes17: Btw: Is the battle you are referring to the one where you have to stop a human sacrifice? If yes - that really was the hardest of all battles in the whole game for me, and I needed many tries and much dice luck to finally beat it ...
*MILD SPOILER* It's pretty early in the game, when you have to prevent a hanging. It's an optional task, but I'm stubborn enough that I wouldn't want to continue the game after failing it. ;)
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Leroux
dyscode: BTW: Big Anuman Sale on GamersGate, even the 'rarer' once are deeply discounted.
So many of these still aren't on GOG, and I don't know why. To wit:

Salammbo
Sinking Island
Curse - The Eye of Isis
Jack the Ripper
Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde (Extended Edition)

All DRM-free. And it's not like GOG doesn't already have an arrangement with Anuman.
Geddes17: Btw: Is the battle you are referring to the one where you have to stop a human sacrifice? If yes - that really was the hardest of all battles in the whole game for me, and I needed many tries and much dice luck to finally beat it ...
Leroux: *MILD SPOILER* It's pretty early in the game, when you have to prevent a hanging. It's an optional task, but I'm stubborn enough that I wouldn't want to continue the game after failing it. ;)
Ah, yes, I remember it vaguely, but not enough to give any specific hints. Well, but good luck if you arrive at said human sacrifce battle later in the game ... (my advice: don't forget to regularly increase "Sinnenschärfe" to reveal traps on the battlefields!)
IAmSinistar: So many of these still aren't on GOG, and I don't know why. To wit:

Salammbo
Sinking Island
Curse - The Eye of Isis
Jack the Ripper
Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde (Extended Edition)

All DRM-free. And it's not like GOG doesn't already have an arrangement with Anuman.
Maybe they don't consider them highly-selling material. Or maybe, they are in the backlog of GOG's releases. Still, we haven't seen an Anuman game here, ever since Dracula 5.
Grargar: Maybe they don't consider them highly-selling material. Or maybe, they are in the backlog of GOG's releases. Still, we haven't seen an Anuman game here, ever since Dracula 5.
Given that some have been bundled and all have been on sale, possibly you are correct that they don't see a lot of potential revenue from these. Still, I don't think it would hurt for them to expand the catalogue with some of these, which would be (in my opinion) non-controversial additions. But then we all feel that way about one game or another.
Grargar: Maybe they don't consider them highly-selling material. Or maybe, they are in the backlog of GOG's releases. Still, we haven't seen an Anuman game here, ever since Dracula 5.
IAmSinistar: Given that some have been bundled and all have been on sale, possibly you are correct that they don't see a lot of potential revenue from these. Still, I don't think it would hurt for them to expand the catalogue with some of these, which would be (in my opinion) non-controversial additions. But then we all feel that way about one game or another.
totally! :)
What I would like to see are offered "bundled" releases. You could take those 5, offer them as a 5 game bundle for $5.99 or $9.99. Given how they have already been bundled to death anyway...

Seems you could do that with the Humongous Games as well...
Post edited May 27, 2015 by RWarehall
I would like to see GOG stay out of the bundle business. And I understand rejecting certain games because their price has been driven down by being bundled before.
misteryo: I would like to see GOG stay out of the bundle business. And I understand rejecting certain games because their price has been driven down by being bundled before.
I didn't say they should offer "bundles" as others have. Read my post...
I'm suggesting they should offer more games bundled together as one title, especially classic games.
Things like the Cinemaware Anthology would be a fine example.
Or some of the Humongeous games, like a Spy Fox bundle or a Putt Putt bundle.
Or even a bundle of certain classic publisher's less popular games sold together as one title. Like put those 5 Anuman titles together as one "bundled" title.
IAmSinistar: Still, I don't think it would hurt for them to expand the catalogue with some of these, which would be (in my opinion) non-controversial additions. But then we all feel that way about one game or another.
Hence why I also said that they might be in GOG's backlog. After all, GOG likes to give spotlight to each release and if they have to choose between releases from Deep Silver, Disney, Interplay, Nordic, Paradox, Telltale, Warner Bros, day-1 indies or Anuman, then I wouldn't be surprised if GOG decided to prioritize the former against the latter.
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Grargar
Jonny's Jams Bundle can be reserved on Groupees

$1.5 for 7 games + 1 album + more
Grargar: Hence why I also said that they might be in GOG's backlog. After all, GOG likes to give spotlight to each release and if they have to choose between releases from Deep Silver, Disney, Interplay, Nordic, Paradox, Telltale, Warner Bros, day-1 indies or Anuman, then I wouldn't be surprised if GOG decided to prioritize the former against the latter.
Yes. Perhaps if they have a lot of Anuman titles slated, they could dump them on us as part of a Weekend Promo, similar to what they did with the return of Nordic.
IAmSinistar: Yes. Perhaps if they have a lot of Anuman titles slated, they could dump them on us as part of a Weekend Promo, similar to what they did with the return of Nordic.
Or they could do like the Winter 2014 and Bundle Tower promos and release an Anuman Adventure Bundle comprised of new Anuman games, during the middle of a big sale (like the upcoming summer sale, for instance).
Post edited May 27, 2015 by Grargar