It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wanderer_27: Somebody please prove me wrong (as I purchased this), but TUG appears to be an Online only game - even for Single Player mode.

That's absolutely asinine if that's truly the case here.
yogsloth: It also appears to be a game about simulating manual labor.

I just miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight give this one a pass.
Well, the game itself looks interesting, but Online only (especially without disclosure) is a deal killer for me.

Take out the Online only BS and I'm in, outside that - I just requested a refund from Humble Bundle.

This looked to be in the vein of :

7 Days to Day
Planet Explorers
The Forest
Savage Lands
Brutal Nature
Darkout
Signs of Life
Terraria
The Long Dark

And several others of that type.

Unfortunately, most of the above are either Steam or Online only.

EDIT:

Just got notified that they're refunding this (more of a principle thing than cost to me), so if anyone finds that there is an Offline only mode let me know so I can cancel this and add it back to my Library.
Post edited May 23, 2015 by wanderer_27
wanderer_27: Well, the game itself looks interesting, but Online only (especially without disclosure) is a deal killer for me.
Hmm, I haven't seen anything to suggest that TUG is online-only -- testing the Steam-installed version now, it doesn't require the Steam client to be running to launch, and doesn't seem to connect anywhere unless you actively select multiplayer from the title screen. I suppose the standalone version might differ, since there's a separate key involved, but seems unlikely they'd burden themselves with maintaining two substantially different builds at such an early stage of development. Maybe someone who opted for the standalone can 100% confirm it either way.
Post edited May 23, 2015 by chean
Grargar: <span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Adventures! 2</span>

PWYW
Stacking (Also for Mac/Linux)
Syberia (Also for Mac)
The Novelist+Digital Extras (Also for Mac/Linux)

$1
Secret Files: Tunguska

BTA
The Night of the Rabbit Premium Edition (Also for Mac)
The Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse (Also for Mac/Linux)
Always Sometimes Monsters (Also for Mac/Linux)

$8
Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief Digital Deluxe Edition (Also for Mac/Linux)
Blackwell Epiphany

Secret Files: Tunguska is only available as a Steam key. The rest of the games also have DRM-Free downloads.

Includes soundtracks for Blackwell Epiphany, The Night of the Rabbit, The Novelist, Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief, Stacking, and Syberia.
Is the $8 worth it? Why is Blackwell Epiphany not for Mac? It is here...
wanderer_27: Well, the game itself looks interesting, but Online only (especially without disclosure) is a deal killer for me.
chean: Hmm, I haven't seen anything to suggest that TUG is online-only -- testing the Steam-installed version now, it doesn't require the Steam client to be running to launch, and doesn't seem to connect anywhere unless you actively select multiplayer from the title screen. I suppose the standalone version might differ, since there's a separate key involved, but seems unlikely they'd burden themselves with maintaining two substantially different builds at such an early stage of development. Maybe someone who opted for the standalone can 100% confirm it either way.
I was using the Standalone version.
It had it's own client to launch and update to game, and as far as I could tell, it was the only way to launch the game.

I checked Resource usage under Taskmgr and it appeared that traffic was passing over the Internet on the associated program (Launcher.exe) while I did a quick check of the game.

Like I said, I'd have no problems with keeping the game (looks fine to me), but the Online aspect just doesn't agree with me.
Also, since I've recently cancelled my Cable TV (just kept Internet) and picked up a Roku, I'm a lot more conscious of my Data usage as I may incur Data Cap issues.

Grargar: <span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Adventures! 2</span>

PWYW
Stacking (Also for Mac/Linux)
Syberia (Also for Mac)
The Novelist+Digital Extras (Also for Mac/Linux)

$1
Secret Files: Tunguska

BTA
The Night of the Rabbit Premium Edition (Also for Mac)
The Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse (Also for Mac/Linux)
Always Sometimes Monsters (Also for Mac/Linux)

$8
Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief Digital Deluxe Edition (Also for Mac/Linux)
Blackwell Epiphany

Secret Files: Tunguska is only available as a Steam key. The rest of the games also have DRM-Free downloads.

Includes soundtracks for Blackwell Epiphany, The Night of the Rabbit, The Novelist, Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief, Stacking, and Syberia.
cecil: Is the $8 worth it? Why is Blackwell Epiphany not for Mac? It is here...
If you don't have any of those games and don't mind Steam only for just the one . . . 9 decent/good games for $8 is well worth it.

I may be missing 2 or 3, and for the BTA price I'm thinking they may be worth it.

Now if you do Steam, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mac version available there for what you're looking at.
Post edited May 23, 2015 by wanderer_27
chean: Hmm, I haven't seen anything to suggest that TUG is online-only -- testing the Steam-installed version now, it doesn't require the Steam client to be running to launch, and doesn't seem to connect anywhere unless you actively select multiplayer from the title screen. I suppose the standalone version might differ, since there's a separate key involved, but seems unlikely they'd burden themselves with maintaining two substantially different builds at such an early stage of development. Maybe someone who opted for the standalone can 100% confirm it either way.
wanderer_27: I was using the Standalone version.
It had it's own client to launch and update to game, and as far as I could tell, it was the only way to launch the game.

I checked Resource usage under Taskmgr and it appeared that traffic was passing over the Internet on the associated program (Launcher.exe) while I did a quick check of the game.

Like I said, I'd have no problems with keeping the game (looks fine to me), but the Online aspect just doesn't agree with me.
Also, since I've recently cancelled my Cable TV (just kept Internet) and picked up a Roku, I'm a lot more conscious of my Data usage as I may incur Data Cap issues.

cecil: Is the $8 worth it? Why is Blackwell Epiphany not for Mac? It is here...
wanderer_27: If you don't have any of those games and don't mind Steam only for just the one . . . 9 decent/good games for $8 is well worth it.

I may be missing 2 or 3, and for the BTA price I'm thinking they may be worth it.

Now if you do Steam, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Mac version available there for what you're looking at.
I don't use steam and it's win only on steam too what gives? wonder if they might pull a groupees and add it in later?

Oh I see. So there's no TUG.exe in the main directory? If such a file is there, might check if it will run on its own. If not, I suppose the two builds do have rather major differences. Regardless, understand your position re: online being a requirement, especially where a single-player mode is concerned.

chean: Oh I see. So there's no TUG.exe in the main directory? If such a file is there, might check if it will run on its own. If not, I suppose the two builds do have rather major differences. Regardless, understand your position re: online being a requirement, especially where a single-player mode is concerned.
No, unfortunately there is no TUG.exe in the Directory, and the Launcher Icon has a path to Launcher.exe.

My biggest issue is that an Online requirement was not specified anywhere I could see - certainly not on the Humble Bundle page description, though Online is specified for 7 Days to Die on the HB page.
cecil: ... Why is Blackwell Epiphany not for Mac? It is here...
Hmm, that is strange. I wonder if GOG wrapped the game in Wine on their own? Wadjet Eye uses the Humble widget to sell their games through their site, so if they port it themselves, I imagine it would show up on Humble.
cecil: ... Why is Blackwell Epiphany not for Mac? It is here...
pablodusk: Hmm, that is strange. I wonder if GOG wrapped the game in Wine on their own? Wadjet Eye uses the Humble widget to sell their games through their site, so if they port it themselves, I imagine it would show up on Humble.
I sent in the question to Humble if they get back to me quickly enough is a different question...
pablodusk: Hmm, that is strange. I wonder if GOG wrapped the game in Wine on their own? Wadjet Eye uses the Humble widget to sell their games through their site, so if they port it themselves, I imagine it would show up on Humble.
cecil: I sent in the question to Humble if they get back to me quickly enough is a different question...
You might have more luck contacting WadjetEye directly; from my experience Humble support is rather slow, so I wouldn't count on getting an answer in time.
Post edited May 23, 2015 by Leroux
IndieGameStand PWYW Parallax Win/Mac/Linux DRM FREE and Steam* *with over $1 purchase
Grab this game if you like puzzle games one of the better ones i've played given the FPS puzzle genre the music is cool too which is the bonus if you BTA
so far not annoyingly hard honestly pretty easy to begin with (8 levels in) Also has auto jump option so you don't have to platform hop if you don't want to ;)
chean: Oh I see. So there's no TUG.exe in the main directory? If such a file is there, might check if it will run on its own. If not, I suppose the two builds do have rather major differences. Regardless, understand your position re: online being a requirement, especially where a single-player mode is concerned.
wanderer_27: No, unfortunately there is no TUG.exe in the Directory, and the Launcher Icon has a path to Launcher.exe.

My biggest issue is that an Online requirement was not specified anywhere I could see - certainly not on the Humble Bundle page description, though Online is specified for 7 Days to Die on the HB page.
Same here. I checked the webpage and it's hard to find any infos about drm in the future. There are some infomation what they want implement next, but nothing to get an idea in which direction they want to go in the long run. A FAQ-page would be nice, unfortunately they say in the video to check the forum but it's only visible if you register and check in. The game looks interesting and it's just 1€, but I'm really careful about early-access games nowadays, too many bets on the wrong horse.
wanderer_27: No, unfortunately there is no TUG.exe in the Directory, and the Launcher Icon has a path to Launcher.exe.

DukeNukemForever: Same here. I checked the webpage and it's hard to find any infos about drm in the future. There are some infomation what they want implement next, but nothing to get an idea in which direction they want to go in the long run. A FAQ-page would be nice, unfortunately they say in the video to check the forum but it's only visible if you register and check in. The game looks interesting and it's just 1€, but I'm really careful about early-access games nowadays, too many bets on the wrong horse.
The TUG Kickstarter page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nerdkingdom/tug-1/description) indicates that the intent is to make the game DRM-free. They also stated that there will be no online requirement and that multi-player servers will be DRM-free and made available for users to run on their own. I haven't followed the game's development, so I don't know if any of those Kickstarter promises (made two years ago) have changed.
I am really tempted by the Mordor Bundle.
But compared to the GOTY Edition you are missing:
- Test of the Wild Challenge Mode
- Test of the Ring Challenge Mode
- Test of Defiance
- Lord of the Hunt Skin
- The Bright Lord Skin
- Lithariel Skin
- Defiant to the End Rune
- Elven Grace Rune
- Ascendant Rune
- One with Nature Rune
- Photo Mode

Test of Power Challenge Mode is FREE DLC.

nothing substantial though, as far as I can see or better wait for the GOTY Version to go on sale?
Though you can 'upgrade' to the GOTY version.
Post edited May 23, 2015 by dyscode
dyscode: I am really tempted by the Mordor Bundle.
But compared to the GOTY Edition you are missing:
- Test of the Wild Challenge Mode
- Test of the Ring Challenge Mode
- Test of Defiance
- Lord of the Hunt Skin
- The Bright Lord Skin
- Lithariel Skin
- Defiant to the End Rune
- Elven Grace Rune
- Ascendant Rune
- One with Nature Rune
- Photo Mode

Test of Power Challenge Mode is FREE DLC.

nothing substantial though, as far as I can see or better wait for the GOTY Version to go on sale?
Though you can 'upgrade' to the GOTY version.
A photo mode? Really?
What's more it's exclusive to the GOTY, I can't seem to find it as a standalone DLC.

EDIT: Upon further reading, it might not be GOTY exclusive but part of the free HD content upgrade.
Post edited May 23, 2015 by j0ekerr