It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: wise choice, you won't have much fun with Dark Souls without one, really. :)
Sachys: I found it better with KB+M actually - though have used a controller for some of the more frustrating bosses
I admire your many flexible octopus-fingers ;D
Post edited May 09, 2015 by dyscode
Sachys: I found it better with KB+M actually - though have used a controller for some of the more frustrating bosses
dyscode: I admire your many flexible octopus-fingers ;D
I played quite slow - considering my approach etc* - rather than charging in - and seriously changed the keyboard settings.

*Kinda like the difference in playstyle between the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and most other FPS games.
dyscode: I really doubt this will happen anytime soon (next 5 years) and because Bandai Namco.

$4 for NaissanceE sounds fair and Dokuro has also good reviews on Steam since it started to support controllers (X360 at least)
Cavenagh: Thanks for the reply, just noticed

Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended

Never going to use a Controller on a PC [just my stance]

I'll pass

Thanks for your time
There are games that just plain handle better with a controller of some sort.
Fighting games are better with a fight stick or a controller.
Flight sims are better with a flight stick or a controller.
Racing games are better with a steering wheel or a controller.

Likewise, games like Dark Souls are DESIGNED around a dual analog controller. Any attempt to map them to mouse and keyboard is going to be by definition awkward and uncomfortable.

And PCs have had controllers and pads recommended since the 80's. Silly.
New $1 deals on Humble Store are:

- Renegade Ops
- Psychonauts
- Trine
- Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlord
- The Bridge (is even cheaper)

Renegade Ops is Steam only, all others have DRM-free versions, too.

Apart from the dollar deals, is it just me or are the discount in that sale not all that impressive compared to other stores? Several Steam only games have been much cheaper on Steam already, and among the new deals of today one even has a spectacular 7% off (!!!) discount! :D
Post edited May 09, 2015 by Leroux
The current Flash deal on the Humble Store is <span class="bold">Stealth 2: A Game of Clones</span> -50% (DRM-Free, Steam)
(Includes MP3 soundtrack and wallpapers)
madth3: The current Flash deal on the Humble Store is <span class="bold">Stealth 2: A Game of Clones</span> -50% (DRM-Free, Steam)
(Includes MP3 soundtrack and wallpapers)
Already? O_o
Grargar: Already? O_o
Well...

Owners: 519 ± 585 (+/- 1000)
Cyraxpt: Well...

Owners: 519 ± 585 (+/- 1000)
Come to think of it, this reminds me of Marvellous Miss Take, which was also discounte by 50%, less than a week after its release. I don't think that it helped all that much, though.
Post edited May 09, 2015 by Grargar
Luisfius: Likewise, games like Dark Souls are DESIGNED around a dual analog controller. Any attempt to map them to mouse and keyboard is going to be by definition awkward and uncomfortable.

And PCs have had controllers and pads recommended since the 80's. Silly.
Using a mouse with a PC is living a lie. The one true path is with an 84 key IBM keyboard, with the FN keys up the left side. And Hercules graphics.
Luisfius: There are games that just plain handle better with a controller of some sort.
Granted I am not a huge fan of Racing games. I'm barely a fan at all. I do play them on occasion however, and find them impossible to play with a keyboard/mouse. I don't know how people accept the loss of analog controls for things like this. The entire concept is built around it. Then I see some people race with kb, and they can make me look like a noob of the highest order. Its fascinating to see how people can adjust to losing that core design mechanic, and compensate like a boss.
Luisfius: There are games that just plain handle better with a controller of some sort.
HeDanny: Granted I am not a huge fan of Racing games. I'm barely a fan at all. I do play them on occasion however, and find them impossible to play with a keyboard/mouse. I don't know how people accept the loss of analog controls for things like this. The entire concept is built around it. Then I see some people race with kb, and they can make me look like a noob of the highest order. Its fascinating to see how people can adjust to losing that core design mechanic, and compensate like a boss.
The secret is what I call "stutter steering". Instead of finding just the right angle to nudge your analog controller, your task is to find just the right rhythm for repeatedly tapping the key.

For me, it works well enough for arcade racers, but can become tricky in racing sims. I played a lot of TrackMania (a popular precision / stunt racer) with keyboard controls, and made it through about 80% of the game, but at some point you're indeed hitting a wall without analog controls.
Post edited May 10, 2015 by Psyringe
TrevorWilliams: Is there a site that maintains a database of every game that's been bundled somewhere?
Indie Game Bundle Wiki is the only database I know of, besides IsThereAnyDeal.com as mentioned above. Cyraxpt's suggestion of using the extension for Firefox or Chrome, Enhanced Steam, is definitely the way to go(it gets its data from IsThereAnyDeal.com from memory). Even it isn't complete as I have noticed some games that have been bundled are not always listed, nor does it always show the cheapest lowest price historically.
Azrael360: Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is R$4,99 ($ 1.64 USD) on Nuuvem (Steam):

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1524-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition

Good fighting game with epic battles. The story is great ;)
Shame I missed this one, what a bargain price!

Regional pricing at its finest = Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Steam price (Australia): US$73.99
Steam price (US): US$19.99
Nuuvem price: US$1.34
Post edited May 10, 2015 by Tarnicus
Tarnicus: Shame I missed this one, what a bargain price!

That's a huge difference! O_O'

Too bad that you missed Injustice, it was a great deal. The offer only lasted for a day or two, but isn't the first time it was that cheap on Nuuvem. A few months ago, if I remember correctly, it was for about $1.45 USD and the offer lasted for a week... Anyway, here's another interesting deal:

Gauntlet (2014) is R$ 14,99 ($ 5.01 USD) on Nuuvem (Steam):
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2113-gauntlet
Tarnicus: Shame I missed this one, what a bargain price!

Azrael360: That's a huge difference! O_O'

Too bad that you missed Injustice, it was a great deal. The offer only lasted for a day or two, but isn't the first time it was that cheap on Nuuvem. A few months ago, if I remember correctly, it was for about $1.45 USD and the offer lasted for a week... Anyway, here's another interesting deal:

Gauntlet (2014) is R$ 14,99 ($ 5.01 USD) on Nuuvem (Steam):
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2113-gauntlet
Hah I was just coming here to post my latest purchase (and close to the best price to date) for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor which can be found here at Nuuvem for R$39,99 (US$13.44)

Edit: and yes we only just had our land-line internet finally connected. Well it was connected almost a month ago, and finally a technician came round to figure out the problem - the previous tenants kept dogs under the house and they had chewed the phone line wire! I'm finally on ADSL 2 for the first time ever, and am loving the download speed!
Post edited May 10, 2015 by Tarnicus
TrevorWilliams: Is there a site that maintains a database of every game that's been bundled somewhere?
Tarnicus: Indie Game Bundle Wiki is the only database I know of, besides IsThereAnyDeal.com as mentioned above. Cyraxpt's suggestion of using the extension for Firefox or Chrome, Enhanced Steam, is definitely the way to go(it gets its data from IsThereAnyDeal.com from memory). Even it isn't complete as I have noticed some games that have been bundled are not always listed, nor does it always show the cheapest lowest price historically.
Thanks to all three of you!