It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

grimwerk: Anyone fairly familiar with Race the Sun?

I'm curious to know the differences between the full version and the alpha found on Kongregate.

I can't find them documented anywhere.
Race the Sun is really fun but hard if you don't have it yet get it is my advice. it's almost free if you don't need steam and even if you do it's a buck.
cecil: Is that someones secret Identity?
Nah, it's just our bundles boss (Gragar post's the new bundles and i predict them... and cover up when gragar goes out).

I'm curious to know the differences between the full version and the alpha found on Kongregate.

Almost missed this post, want my steam key?
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: Almost missed this post, want my steam key?
Kind of you, Cyraxpt, but no thank you.

I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount for a DRM-free version if it's a game I want, but the Kongregate version doesn't have much meat to it, and I can't see that the full version is much different. So I'm just looking for info is all, thanks.

Maybe I should buy the humble version for a pittance and then increase the amount later. Really, though, I'd prefer an update history or some such. Maybe I suck at google.

edit: Thanks for the advice, Cecil!
Post edited May 01, 2015 by grimwerk

My kids (age 6 and 7) love it. It's pretty neat. Very hard, though. We're totally stuck because the next achievements we're supposed to get are all impossible!

The full version has changing maps every day, and if you want to log in to their server (not required), you can download all kinds of maps.

yogsloth: My kids (age 6 and 7) love it. It's pretty neat. Very hard, though. We're totally stuck because the next achievements we're supposed to get are all impossible!

The full version has changing maps every day, and if you want to log in to their server (not required), you can download all kinds of maps.
And create them using the Level Editor (Not an easy task to do well BTW)
yogsloth: My kids (age 6 and 7) love it. It's pretty neat. Very hard, though. We're totally stuck because the next achievements we're supposed to get are all impossible!

My son is 5 and he's super keen, it seems. He sits in my lap and leans with the racer. Impacts are quite jarring for both of us.

For me, the full version control response feels much better. The world elements are more varied, and less random. Plus, new levels and items are much more accessible. Maybe there are more than in the alpha, or maybe the better controls allow me to level up more easily.

Plus, ramps, windmills, elevated pathways.

Coolness.

grimwerk: My son is 5 and he's super keen, it seems. He sits in my lap and leans with the racer. Impacts are quite jarring for both of us.

For me, the full version control response feels much better. The world elements are more varied, and less random. Plus, new levels and items are much more accessible. Maybe there are more than in the alpha, or maybe the better controls allow me to level up more easily.

Plus, ramps, windmills, elevated pathways.

Coolness.
glad you are enjoying it so far :) I got some % of the way through then realized I couldn't cut it difficulty wise :(
GOG weekend Promo
Activision Catalog 60% off
DotEmu Silmarils weekend -60%. You can either choose to buy those games separately, or you can pay €4 (or your regional equivalent for the full collection.
For R$ 3,99 (around $ 1.32 USD) you can get these from Nuuvem (Steam):

• LEGO The Lord of the Rings: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/999-lego-the-lord-of-the-rings
• LEGO The Hobbit: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1925-lego-the-hobbit
• Lord of the Rings: War in the North: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/396-lord-of-the-rings-war-in-the-north
• Guardians of Middle-Earth: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1480-guardians-of-middle-earth
high rated
Indie Gala Mega Bundle

$4 for eleven Adventures! Looks Great value.

Pay $1.00 or more
- The Journey Down Chapter One
- Runaway,The Dream of The Turtle

Pay $3.99 or more
- Eidolon
- The Last Tinker: City of Colors
- About Love, Hate and the other ones
- Runaway: Twist of Fate
- Runaway: A Road Adventure
- Venetica Gold Edition
- War, the Game
- Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble
- The Journey Down: Chapter Two
Post edited May 01, 2015 by HeDanny
HeDanny: Indie Gala Mega Bundle

$4 for eleven Adventures! Looks Great value.
That is a very good deal. The Last Tinker alone is $19.99 here on GOG. Shame it's not a DRM-free bundle, otherwise I'd pick it up in spite of having several of the titles already. Eidolon in particular looks interesting to me, as I love abstract games.
IndieGala Adventure Mega Bundle.

$1 for:
The Journey Down, Chapter 1
Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle

$3.99 for:
Eidolon
The Last Tinker: City of Colors
About Love, Hate and the Other Ones
Runaway: Twist of Fate
Runaway: A Road Adventure
Venetica Gold Edition
War, the Game
Mushroom Men: Truffle Trouble
The Journey Down, Chapter 2

[Ninja'ed, but here's the full list. :)]
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Getcomposted
Seriously considering this bundle. Journey Down ch.1+2, Last Tinker, Venetica. Those alone .. almost make it worth a purchase for me.

Would rather have them here of course, but... well...

[ edit ]
Has that "cheaper if gifting in bulk" option always been there? I just noticed I could buy 5 gifts for $18. I assume there is somewhere people arrange to split these? Could save a whole 50c!
Post edited May 01, 2015 by HeDanny
What the f... Am i dreaming? A INDIE GALA BUNDLE without SHOVELWARE?
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Cyraxpt