It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: Agreed. Yet another incident of a beloved brand acquired and ruined. I doubt that I'll ever buy a bundle from Poupees again at this rate.
Grargar: I like how Groupees is lying through their teeth about Sirius Online. They have a DRM-Free icon, yet the game's description says this:

"Sirius is an online-only game and requires an Internet Connection."
Hmm, not to be mean, but as the name indicates, SIrus Online is an MMO.
I don't see how you could play an MMO without an Internet connection personally, but if you have ideas, feel free to enlighten us.
By DRM-free I'm guessing they mean as DRM free as an MMO can get, i.e. no Steamworks or other DRM on top of the internet connection.

Don't get me wrong I'm thoroughly unimpressed with that bundle too, and groupees as well, but bashing an MMO for requiring an internet connection is the height of stupidity imo.
Post edited April 30, 2015 by mystral
budejovice: I preordered BiaB4, I guess because I need to remind myself every now and then how horrible Groupees truly is. They seem like a cool group of people - I really wish they were a little better at their jobs...
With their preorder option they should just go ahead and properly rename this (and all) bundles to Pig In A Poke.
mystral: Hmm, not to be mean, but as the name indicates, SIrus Online is an MMO.
I don't see how you could play an MMO without an Internet connection personally, but if you have ideas, feel free to enlighten us.
By DRM-free I'm guessing they mean as DRM free as an MMO can get, i.e. no Steamworks or other DRM on top of the internet connection.

Don't get me wrong I'm thoroughly unimpressed with that bundle too, and groupees as well, but bashing an MMO for requiring an internet connection is the height of stupidity imo.
Nope. They have featured other games in the past (like Frozen Hearth) which required online activation or somesuch and they didn't use the DRM-Free icon. I'm not "bashing" the game for this; I'm just bashing Groupees.
triock: Seems like people really like Groupees bundles, how about one more to preorder? :p

The Drastik Measure bundle 2
https://groupees.com/wdndrastikmeasure2

6 Games, $1 minimum ($1.25 preorder)

edit: It's a build a bundle, a mix of Steam games, Greenlight and an Early Access title!
WDN confirmed all games are Steam or Steam greenlight.

Dropping another $1.25 in the swear jar.
mystral: Hmm, not to be mean, but as the name indicates, SIrus Online is an MMO.

Grargar: Nope. They have featured other games in the past (like Frozen Hearth) which required online activation or somesuch and they didn't use the DRM-Free icon. I'm not "bashing" the game for this; I'm just bashing Groupees.
I don't see how requiring an internet connection is DRM for a game that you can only play online. We're not talking about an online activation for a single player game here.
The "Online" is right there in the title, it's not like it isn't completely obvious that the game will require an internet connection.

Maybe they shouldn't have labelled it DRM-free by your exacting standards, but in my opinion if an MMO only requires an internet connection and has no other DRM, it can label itself as DRM-free. So no, Groupees's not at fault here, at least for that.
They are definitely at fault for making a bundle that's so bad, however.
mystral: I don't see how requiring an internet connection is DRM for a game that you can only play online. We're not talking about an online activation for a single player game here.
The "Online" is right there in the title, it's not like it isn't completely obvious that the game will require an internet connection.
Wrong. Phantasy Star Online can be played offline. Naming isn't everything, you know.

mystral: Maybe they shouldn't have labelled it DRM-free by your exacting standards, but in my opinion if an MMO only requires an internet connection and has no other DRM, it can label itself as DRM-free. So no, Groupees's not at fault here, at least for that.
I disagree, but let's leave it at that.
If you have Xboxes today's the last day to get the 6 freebies for April.
http://majornelson.com/2015/03/26/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-april-2015-double-the-games/
Back OT:

Steam has an Activision Weekend Sale:

Call of Duty (50% off. Collection = $200, Black Ops $80, Modern Warfare $70)
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (25% off, $45), Season Pass $50 (yuck!)
Call of Duty Ghosts (67% off, $20), Season Pass $25 (50% off)
Call of Duty Black Ops (50% off, $20), DLC 50% off, too many to list.
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (67% off, $20). DLC 50% off, too many to list
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (50% off, $10), DLC 50%
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (50% off, $20), tDLC 50%
Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty United Offensive, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty World at War (50% off, $10)

Amazing Spider Man Pack: 65% off, $28
Amazing Spider Man: 75% off, $10
Amazing Spider Man 2: 63% off, $15

Prototype Pack: 67% - $20
Prototype 1: 50% - $10
Prototype 2: 75% - $10

Transformers War for Cybertron: 50% $10
Transformers Fall of Cybertron: 75% $12.50
Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark: 67% $16.50

A bunch of deer hunter type games for $5 to $7.50
Duck Dynasty (really?? There's a game for this? Is there a rule 34 for games, too?) 75% - $10
(and it's regularly $40! W T H ?)

White Night: 34% - $10
Geometry Wars Retro Evolved - 50% $2
Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved - 34% $10
Gun - 75% $5
Legend of Korra - 50% - $7.50
Walking Dead Survival Instinct 75% - $12.50
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD - 50% - $5
3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures (this is a game?) 50% - $5
Aces of the Galaxy - 50% - $5
Fast & Furious: Showdown - 75% - $7.50 (because all movie game conversions are top quality??)
Shiftlings - 34% - $10
Singularity - 75% - $7.50
TMNT: Out of the Shadows - 50% - $7.50
TimeShift - 75% - $5

Steam Games also on GOG (that I can recall):
King's Quest Collection - 75% - $5
Space Quest Collection - 75% - $5
Vampire ... Bloodlines - 75% - $5

Arg. Next time I'll find somewhere to web copy paste this from. That was work. Who knew Activision had so many awful and very similar games! I miss River Raid and [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitfall_II:_Lost_Caverns]Pitfall II[/url]
Post edited April 30, 2015 by PincushionMan
mystral: I don't see how requiring an internet connection is DRM for a game that you can only play online. We're not talking about an online activation for a single player game here.
Grargar: Wrong. Phantasy Star Online can be played offline. Naming isn't everything, you know.
You still had to authenticate with their patch server before starting the game though.
synfresh: You still had to authenticate with their patch server before starting the game though.
Not on the Gamecube, you don't.
synfresh: You still had to authenticate with their patch server before starting the game though.
Grargar: Not on the Gamecube, you don't.
That's right, my mistake. Still, the examples are few and far between. Most games that have online in the title mean just that.
synfresh: That's right, my mistake. Still, the examples are few and far between. Most games that have online in the title mean just that.
I know, but there are always the damn exceptions. :)
high rated
Humble Weeklies were really good for me for months. It's all junk these days. (I use junk as a synonym for drm'd, already have on gog, or junk.)
budejovice: Humble Weeklies were really good for me for months. It's all junk these days. (I use junk as a synonym for drm'd, already have on gog, or junk.)
Add games and books, comics or movies that have been bundled more than three times as junk, please.

Back OT again, more steam junk:
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - 33% - $13.50
Saints Row 4: Game of Century - 75% - $7.50

All the Saints Row games - 75% - $14. Says 49 items, don't know exactly how much DLC you get, though. They could have missed some. DLC is 50% off, if you don't want to buy the whole thing again.
Post edited April 30, 2015 by PincushionMan
I just tried an experiment.

The new Humble Weekly is all Steam-junk, and I already have Race the Sun here on GOG. FarSky looked okay though...

So I bought the bundle for one penny.

It worked! I now have a DRM-free download of FarSky (and Race the Sun) added to my shelf. Nice doing business with you, Humble.