It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PincushionMan: Translation: MoO clone, Ultima Underworld I clone, Terraria/Starbound clone, and a shmup
I don't think Withstand is a Terraria/Starbound type of game, apart from the looks. More something along the lines of Iji, Bleed, Valdis Story etc. - single player metroidvania-lite combat platformer. Also short, apparantly (3-5 hours).
Post edited April 22, 2015 by Leroux
high rated
If anyone's not yet gotten Out There Somewhere yet, I highly recommend grabbing it whilst it's still on sale for $0.19. This is a surprisingly good platformer; really entertaining. Oh, and on the off chance that you don't enjoy it as much as I have been, there are trading cards you can sell to get your money back ;D

Chimps need not apply XD
Post edited April 22, 2015 by genkicolleen
genkicolleen: If anyone's not yet gotten Out There Somewhere yet, I highly recommend grabbing it whilst it's still on sale for $0.19. This is a surprisingly good platformer; really entertaining. Oh, and on the off chance that you don't enjoy it as much as I have been, there are trading cards you can sell to get your money back ;D

Chimps need not apply XD
Seconded, Out There Somewhere is a very satisfying little puzzle platformer. Like Portal and friends, it gives you a gun with a weird magical property, and it's "up to you" to figure out all of the tricks and consequences of it. The world is very well designed to half tutor, half make you feel like you came up with some very clever solutions.
genkicolleen: If anyone's not yet gotten Out There Somewhere yet, I highly recommend grabbing it whilst it's still on sale for $0.19. This is a surprisingly good platformer; really entertaining. Oh, and on the off chance that you don't enjoy it as much as I have been, there are trading cards you can sell to get your money back ;D

Chimps need not apply XD
pen_sq: Seconded, Out There Somewhere is a very satisfying little puzzle platformer. Like Portal and friends, it gives you a gun with a weird magical property, and it's "up to you" to figure out all of the tricks and consequences of it. The world is very well designed to half tutor, half make you feel like you came up with some very clever solutions.
If only I used steam that game looks really good. Here is the link to get it to come to GOG http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/out_there_somewhere
If you like that style of game but want something on GOG you may like this game http://www.gog.com/game/gateways I personally gave it a 4/5
Post edited April 22, 2015 by cecil

Chimps need not apply XD
I'm not normally into platformers but I took a look at this one on your recommendation... I liked the music so I thought I couldn't go wrong for that price. After about 10 minutes play, I scored a foil trading card worth more than I just payed for the game :D!
genkicolleen: If anyone's not yet gotten Out There Somewhere yet, I highly recommend grabbing it whilst it's still on sale for $0.19.
Did look as Out there Somewhere when the weeklies first went up, but.. I dunno. Is more a... peaceful, thinky. discovery, sort of game? or is it a "oops, one pixel and quarter of a second off. Die and try again FOREVER" sort of game?
Build a Greenlight 23 is now live. 8 games, all DRM-free. $1 is the minimum price.

- Withstand: Apotheosis
- Prism
- Project Tarvotan
- Super Slam Dunk Touchdown
- Fine Sweeper
- Barony
- Industry Transporters
- Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant

Bonus:

- C. Kane (locked)
- ?
Accatone: Build a Greenlight 23 is now live. 8 games, all DRM-free. $1 is the minimum price.
I'm glad that i didn't pre-order this one. I already own too many shitty Greenlight games and all those games look like the usual Greenlight crap. :D
Post edited April 22, 2015 by Impaler26
HeDanny: Did look as Out there Somewhere when the weeklies first went up, but.. I dunno. Is more a... peaceful, thinky. discovery, sort of game? or is it a "oops, one pixel and quarter of a second off. Die and try again FOREVER" sort of game?
Well, it's not The Swapper, if that's what you mean ;) There is some precise timing in the game, which becomes easier as you get used to it.
thanks for the reply, but i'm gonna pass. Precise timing will insta-rage me. I just played Contrast. Went from "I want to die and go to this place for all eternity" to "I'm going to find the people who designed this and burn their house down with the lemons! less than ten minutes in. I have less than no tolerance for Pixel perfect, split second timing platforming, especially when failing sets you back so far, and you have to play for so long just to get back to that spot.. to fail again. Forever.

Thanks for the warning about the swapper, too. I have that one on the backlog, but I'll move it to the don't bother pile now.
Accatone: Build a Greenlight 23 is now live. 8 games, all DRM-free. $1 is the minimum price.

- Withstand: Apotheosis
- Prism
- Project Tarvotan
- Super Slam Dunk Touchdown
- Fine Sweeper
- Barony
- Industry Transporters
- Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant

Bonus:

- C. Kane (locked)
- ?
Looks like one of the better BAG bundles. Bought it and paid more than the minimum, because I think I will really like some of the games.
HeDanny: I just played Contrast. Went from "I want to die and go to this place for all eternity" to "I'm going to find the people who designed this and burn their house down with the lemons! less than ten minutes in.
Uh oh. I bought Contrast last month, didn't think it was that kind of game. I have Great Suck at platformers, which I think is because my first games - I was already in my 20s at this point - were point and click adventures and roguelikes. Or, scratch that, actually Rogue, which wasn't like anything. I play them sometimes, because they are pretty and fun until they start to beat me up, but I don't get far in them.
GamersGate 48-hour deals:

Bandai (Steam) -75%.
Borderlands (Steam) -75%.
DmC (Steam) -75%.
Far Cry 4 (Uplay) -40%.
Resident Evil (Steam) -50% everything, except for Resident Evil 4, which is discounted by 33%.
HeDanny: I just played Contrast. Went from "I want to die and go to this place for all eternity" to "I'm going to find the people who designed this and burn their house down with the lemons! less than ten minutes in.
LinustheBold: Uh oh. I bought Contrast last month, didn't think it was that kind of game. I have Great Suck at platformers, which I think is because my first games - I was already in my 20s at this point - were point and click adventures and roguelikes. Or, scratch that, actually Rogue, which wasn't like anything. I play them sometimes, because they are pretty and fun until they start to beat me up, but I don't get far in them.
The world they have made in that game is astonishing IMO. It was just so amazing I felt short of breath and had goosebumps. I straight up fell in love with it. So, so incredible. Obviously YMMV. It was Magical and haunting and beautiful and ugly and just all around stunning.

Maybe you have more tolerance for broken gameplay, bad game design, inconsistent mechanics, and insta-fail forever platforming. It is still so very much worth firing up just to.. to be there.. in that place. That wonderful place. Then youtube the story scenes. In hindsite I wish I did that. You would get all the amazing with none of the frustration.
LinustheBold: Uh oh. I bought Contrast last month, didn't think it was that kind of game. I have Great Suck at platformers, which I think is because my first games - I was already in my 20s at this point - were point and click adventures and roguelikes. Or, scratch that, actually Rogue, which wasn't like anything. I play them sometimes, because they are pretty and fun until they start to beat me up, but I don't get far in them.
Just to give a different perspective, I've read about Contrast having bad controls and clumsy platforming before I played it, and I'm not really good with precision jumping and timing, and I still played through it without too much difficulties. There were a few spots that were somewhat annoying, yes, and it's possible that I skipped one or two collectibles because it was too much of a hassle to get them, but I was far from rage quitting or being hopelessly stuck in the game. Psychonauts did much more horrible things to me and I still loved it and beat it in the end, in comparison Contrast felt relaxing and easy. So like HeDanny says, just give it a try and see for yourself, because YMMV. It's worth to note though that I played it with a gamepad, it's possible that keyboard and mouse controls make some of the challenges a bit worse,
Post edited April 22, 2015 by Leroux