It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hummer010: That's a great deal ... if you don't have any of the games. I'm only missing three from the pack, so not such a good deal for me.
I agree. I only have two on Steam but all the others here. :)

Still, with a 90% someone might jump on it.
madth3: The Lifestyles of the Twitch and Famous Bundle is live on Groupees

$2.50 for

- Rage Runner (DRM-Free, Steam / Win, Mac)
- Pretentious Game (Steam / Win)
- The Last Door - Collector's Edition (Steam / Win, Mac, Linux)
- Quest for Infamy (Steam / Win, Mac)
- ACE - Arena: Cyber Evolution Founder Pack DLC (Steam / Win) (<i>Base game is Free-To-Play</i>)
- Floors of Discomfort (DRM-Free, Desuta, Greenlight / Win, Linux)
- Pixel Star(DRM-Free, Desuta, Greenlight / Win)

- BONUS to be unlocked: Tuk-Ruk
Oathe: Glad I didn't pre order this putrid shite.
Have you ever read the chat on Groupees? I dunno if those poor people are just trying to make themselves feel better for throwing money away or if they really do believe that spending money there is actually a good deal. The words "good games" get used together way too much. LOL
Oathe: Glad I didn't pre order this putrid shite.
kip68: Have you ever read the chat on Groupees? I dunno if those poor people are just trying to make themselves feel better for throwing money away or if they really do believe that spending money there is actually a good deal. The words "good games" get used together way too much. LOL
Mind you, it would have been worth it for Quest for Infamy and Last Door, if I didn't already have those. Which I do.
kip68: Have you ever read the chat on Groupees? I dunno if those poor people are just trying to make themselves feel better for throwing money away or if they really do believe that spending money there is actually a good deal. The words "good games" get used together way too much. LOL
LinustheBold: Mind you, it would have been worth it for Quest for Infamy and Last Door, if I didn't already have those. Which I do.
Just noticed I have Quest For Infamy as well. Got it from a previous Groupees bundle no less. LOL
LinustheBold: Mind you, it would have been worth it for Quest for Infamy and Last Door, if I didn't already have those. Which I do.
That's true. On my account too. Hopefully a few people who missed out on these in previous bundles lucked out with this bundle.
I am pretty happy with this Groupees pre-order since I didn't have Quest for Infamy yet. Also, although it is Steam-only, it becomes DRM-free after download/install through client.

Pixel Star also looks pretty cool -- like an updated Asteroids.

The other games I either already own or have little interest in. But two solid titles for $0.50 a piece made it a Groupees gamble win for me.
the.kuribo: .. although it is Steam-only, it becomes DRM-free after download/install through client...
Could you elaborate on this please? Do you mean once it is installed via Steam, you no longer need Steam running to play, but would need Steam to re-install? Or is it essentially "Portable", where it can be copied to a USB Stick and played from that USB stick on any computer with out losing any functionality, including Saves etc?
the.kuribo: .. although it is Steam-only, it becomes DRM-free after download/install through client...
HeDanny: Could you elaborate on this please? Do you mean once it is installed via Steam, you no longer need Steam running to play, but would need Steam to re-install? Or is it essentially "Portable", where it can be copied to a USB Stick and played from that USB stick on any computer with out losing any functionality, including Saves etc?
I don't have that game so I can't confirm it, but I do have other games on Steam that are also "DRM-Free" (there's a thread listing some of those Steam games here in the forums), and those are as you say, "portable", meaning that after you download those games via the Steam client, you can copy the folder of those games elsewhere and they will start without the Steam client if you double-click over the main executables or from a shortcut to it. I think this is what the.kuribo meant to say. Hopefully he will confirm when he's back online if that game can be played like this.
ShinyLoot new Nordic deals

- The Book of Unwritten Tales (DRM-Free) -80% / $4
- The Book of Unwritten Tales Deluxe Edition (DRM-Free) -80% / $5
- Chaser (DRM-Free) -75% / $1.24
- MX vs ATV Reflex (Steam) -75% / $5
- Black Mirror (Steam) -75% / $2.50
- Black Mirror 2 (DRM-Free) -75% / $1.75
- Black Mirror 3 (DRM-Free) -75% / $1.75
Post edited April 16, 2015 by madth3
Azrael360: ... I do have other games on Steam that are also "DRM-Free" (there's a thread listing some of those Steam games here in the forums), and those are as you say, "portable"...
Thanks mate. While I have had Steam for years, I have only really paid any attention to it (as in, really looked into the expanded functions, internet community etc) these last few weeks. I will have to look into this sub-set of known "DRM-Free" (true portable) games later. I assume its not in Enhanced Steam? I don't think I've noticed it anyway.
HeDanny: Could you elaborate on this please? Do you mean once it is installed via Steam, you no longer need Steam running to play, but would need Steam to re-install? Or is it essentially "Portable", where it can be copied to a USB Stick and played from that USB stick on any computer with out losing any functionality, including Saves etc?
Azrael360: Hopefully he will confirm when he's back online if that game can be played like this.
Yes, fully portable, as in you can just place the files onto a computer that has never had Steam installed and has no way of connecting to the internet and the game will run perfectly.

Actually, I have not had a chance to personally confirm that Quest for Infamy is fully portable, but it is listed as such in the following list:

http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

That wiki is maintained by several GOG users which sometimes discuss the topic here:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam

HeDanny: Thanks mate. While I have had Steam for years, I have only really paid any attention to it (as in, really looked into the expanded functions, internet community etc) these last few weeks. I will have to look into this sub-set of known "DRM-Free" (true portable) games later. I assume its not in Enhanced Steam? I don't think I've noticed it anyway.
It's not something which is advertised or kept track of in the Steam website or database, to the best of my knowledge. In fact, I think they intentionally hide the fact because they don't want the masses to know the difference between drm and drm-free, and they just want people to be mindlessly absorbed into the Steam ecosystem.

As an addendum, Valve does not provide their customers an easy way of knowing which titles employ the use of their proprietary CEG DRM (although they do tell you which games use third-party DRM like SecuROM, GFWL, or others). Titles which use CEG create a unique executable that is tied to the hardware from which the title was downloaded/installed to, and thus are not portable without redownloading from Steam. If a title uses CEG, you definitely know it is not DRM-free... but as it stands there is no easy to reference list of games that use CEG.
Post edited April 16, 2015 by the.kuribo
I'm so sorry for the guys at ShinyLoot, but this is the second time that they have a big sale at the same time as GOG. Somebody is going to get left out.
New deal from IndieGameStand is <span class="bold">Dungeon Prospector</span> (DRM-Free+Desura key). BTA for OST, wallpapers, and Iso-Sphere (DRM-Free).
HeDanny: ...I assume its not in Enhanced Steam? I don't think I've noticed it anyway.
the.kuribo explained it better, but just to answer this part, unfortunately Enhanced Steam only warns in red when a game has an extra layer of DRM and not the other way around.

When asked how ES works, the author answers that ES searches in the descriptions of every game's store page for key words about DRM (for example: "SecuROM", "Uplay", "SolidShield", etc...), and if it finds something, ES warns about it in red, so it isn't 100% accurate. The publisher/developers could still forget to update those descriptions (extra DRM removed and still announced as a requirement, or having some extra layer of DRM and not saying about it anywhere), in those cases, ES would warn incorrectly or not warn properly about it, so for now how currently ES works, there's no way that ES could say if a game is DRM-Free unless a games's page tells somewhere exactly that so the author could use that information with ES.
For 3 more hours, Chicago 1930 is discounted by 70% on GamersGate.