It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wanderer_27: Are you sure about that?

in "My Purchases" I have a Steam Key associated with it as well as an option to Direct Download.
Pajama: The game is advertised as being DRM-free but when originally downloaded via Groupees it didn't contain any game files, etc., only screen shots and stuff. I also had a Steam key as well but as I don't have a Steam account the key was of no use to me. Anyway, they've now updated the game to include a PC only DRM-free version of the game via direct download. I should have been clearer, sorry.
No need to apologize, I was trying to figure things out.

If you look at the BM18 Order page and click on the game Icon, it's still showing DRM Free + Steam, so I'm guessing they're confused or haven't made the changes yet.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by wanderer_27
wolfsrain: Pretty sure. When is UPlay involved, GG states it clearly. And at least on one AC2 title is clearly specified Tages. The Humble store packs UPlay only keys for AC2 and further, while AC1 is sold DRM free (just like is on GOG).

Greenmangaming has the exact same protection schemes, as GG, for AC1/2 titles, so it's also to avoid. Steam is a big no, because of the Steam/UPlay combo.
Grargar: Apparently, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood can be redeemed on Uplay, even if it says Tages. Same case with Assassin's Creed 2 and Revelations.
Damn, GG should put those things in a way that people can see them (if it's true). It's confusing and misleading. Bought AC3: Deluxe Edition from GG, but the bloody game could not be bothered to download from UPlay the Benedict Arnold DLC, so i had to download the installer from the GG site, where my speed is not so great. I do have some awesome speed on UPlay, prolly due to the fact that Ubi does have two studios in Romania
wolfsrain: Damn, GG should put those things in a way that people can see them (if it's true). It's confusing and misleading.
GamersGate is a good place to find games that are not sold elsewhere. The problem is that you should always keep your guard up for everything. Whether it's something like replacing your DRM-Free download with a Steam key, wrongly labelling the DRM or even forgetting to put a DRM description at all (or going with the unbelievably "useful" "Other DRM"). I was once given the impression that games that had no DRM description were DRM-Free and while that's true for games like Just Cause or Project: Snowblind, it ended up backfiring on Paraworld, which was using an older version of Tages, which meant that it couldn't even run at all, without either updating the Tages driver or just cracking the DRM. In another case, I almost bought Bionic Commando Rearmed, because it also didn't have a DRM descriptor but, rather than risk it, I ended up contacting support and they informed me that it uses SecuROM. Sure enough, the next day the game's description was properly updated. Also, I would like, one day, to be able to download my DRM-Free games from there, without having to do the workaround each silly time.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: Also, I would like, one day, to be able to download my DRM-Free games from there, without having to do the workaround each silly time.
That would be nice and if they implemented that I might make a 2nd purchase from them.
Grand Theft Auto V (GTAV) pre-order on Gamersgate: Pay €59.99, get €19.99 store credit in blue points and in-game cash
Grargar: Apparently, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood can be redeemed on Uplay, even if it says Tages. Same case with Assassin's Creed 2 and Revelations.
wolfsrain: Damn, GG should put those things in a way that people can see them (if it's true). It's confusing and misleading. Bought AC3: Deluxe Edition from GG, but the bloody game could not be bothered to download from UPlay the Benedict Arnold DLC, so i had to download the installer from the GG site, where my speed is not so great. I do have some awesome speed on UPlay, prolly due to the fact that Ubi does have two studios in Romania
just ot make it sure: AC2, AC Brotherhood and AC Revelation can be activated on uPlay, though they only say Tagés as DRM. And the don't use add. Tagés also.
The non-Steam Version of I am Alive from GMG can be activated on uPlay but use still use Tagès DRM.*
I bought these Versions, so I def. know.
GG is really slow in updating DRM info.

*EDIT: as of 2016-10-20 I can confirm this is no longer true. I redownloaded I AM ALIVE from uPlay
I had not acitivated my copy with the Tages-DRM before. After I reinstalled the game and started it,
was taken directly to the Main Menu. No DRM-activation or anything. Tages was gone.
Post edited October 26, 2016 by dyscode
wolfsrain: Damn, GG should put those things in a way that people can see them (if it's true). It's confusing and misleading. Bought AC3: Deluxe Edition from GG, but the bloody game could not be bothered to download from UPlay the Benedict Arnold DLC, so i had to download the installer from the GG site, where my speed is not so great. I do have some awesome speed on UPlay, prolly due to the fact that Ubi does have two studios in Romania
The problem is not GG - it is Ubisoft and their shitty client. They just don't care... I already contacted their support with this issue. U have a key for the Deluxe Edition registred at uPlay for the Game, so it should be easy for Ubisoft to unlock the included content. EA transfered all DLC for the Bioware Games from the Bioware Social Network to Origin. They care about their games more than Ubisoft.
Vortex Bundle on BundleStars

$2.99 for 10 Steam keys

- Alien Breed Trilogy
- Qora
- ThreadSpace: Hyperbol
- StuntMANIA Reloaded
- Dodge
- Incognito
- Starlaxis Supernova Edition
- Cooking Academy Fire and Knives
- Foresight
- Elements: Soul of Fire
GMG has a holidy madness sale 7 game pack for €1 each

-GREY: Skara - Starter Pack l Tower Wars l Tidalis l A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack l Zack Zero l Battlepaths l Steel Storm

BLUE: Rush Bros. l Gun Monkeys l Rooms l Clickr l Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition l Orborun l Tower Wars

-GREEN: PID l Orborun l Tower Wars l Ocean City Racing l Tidalis l A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack l
Shattered Haven

-YELLOW: Victim Of Xen l Speedball 2 l Sanctum l Postal l Pixel Junk Monsters l Numba Deluxe l Gun Monkeys

-ORANGE: Clickr l Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition l Skara - Starter Pack l Orborun l Tower Wars l A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack l Shattered Haven l

-RED: Rush Bros. l Clickr l PID l Skara - Starter Pack l Ocean City Racing l Tidalis l A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack

-PUPPLE: Rooms l Skara - Starter Pack l Orborun l Tower Wars l Ocean City Racing l Tidalis l A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack

-PINK: PID l Orborun l Shattered Haven l Zack Zero l Battlepaths l Steel Storm l QuestRun

and also Payday 2 is 80 % OFF
and 22% Voucher SAVE22-OVERHO-LIDAYS
Post edited April 02, 2015 by dyscode
high rated
<span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: ARGGGHHH!! These games are hard.</span>

PWYW
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
QP Shooting - Dangerous!!
Velocibox

BTA
Woah Dave!
Tales of Maj'Eyal

$8
Wings of Vi

All games are DRM-Free+Steam key, except for Wings of Vi, which is Steam-only. In addition, all games are multiplatform, except for QP Shooting - Dangerous!! and Wings of Vi, which are Windows-only.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Grargar
nvm
Post edited April 02, 2015 by budejovice
Humble Store Lego Weekend Sale, with discounts up to 75%.
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-chronicles-of-riddick-assault-on-dark-athena/72990
^removed from steam game for $4.99. (I'm sure until their supply runs out)

Yea, the gog version is 100x better cause no targes, but for collectors of steam games, it is a good deal.
(Wish I could find the 007 games this cheap!)
wanderer_27: No need to apologize, I was trying to figure things out.

If you look at the BM18 Order page and click on the game Icon, it's still showing DRM Free + Steam, so I'm guessing they're confused or haven't made the changes yet.
No, that's right - they have always advertised it as being both DRM-free and having a Steam key. The problem was they did not have the DRM-free version of the game for download.

What happened was I bought the whole bundle and downloaded the game only to find that there was no game files in the Direct Download, only screen shots, promo videos, etc. so I emailed Groupees to find out what was going on. I had an email back this afternoon saying that they have now updated the Direct Download file with the full DRM-free game so now it is as they've advertised all along. Those of us who want a DRM-free version can now download the files via Direct Download and play the game without any need for Steam and those who want it on Steam as well can redeem their key there :)
For those of you who, like me, listen to the recommendations of Sachys, GMG have a 75% discount in Planet Alcatraz.