It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

penumbren:
must have been looking at a US cetric site - FF started in 78 or 79 at least - an my point stands.

anyways, late here, inabit bud!
penumbren:
Sachys: must have been looking at a US cetric site - FF started in 78 or 79 at least - an my point stands.

anyways, late here, inabit bud!
Wiki and the FF books site, actually. Like I said, similar takes. :) They're both fun. Have a good night!
Post edited March 28, 2015 by penumbren
cecil: I was trying to figure out about Nicolas Eymerich The Inquisitor Book II : The Village not Forest of Doom sorry about that is that a game book also? not worth anything above the $1 tier for me since Forest of Doom would be the only $4 game I could use since I don't use steam.
My mistake. I don't know anything about Nicolas Eymerich. But yes, Forest of Doom is a game book of sorts. The original print version is good fun. I don't know anything about the computer version.
Sachys: no info on when they came out on the link though bud - my point being more a case of the Fighting Fantasy books are a genuine standard - and one that set the stage of course for the development of GW.

not too bothered either way - got a bargain, need a break from the forum evidently, lets leave it there. :)

Edit: also late here, long day, could just be me not with it, Dunno. Inabit! :)
penumbren: Never thought about publishing dates, actually. I just remembered seeing the CYOA books from about age 7 up. You made me curious: Turns out that Fighting Fantasy was first published in 1982, and CYOA started (under a slightly different name) in 1976. (Jeez, they're as old as me.) So, close together but different takes. I suspect I saw CYOA first because the U.S. tends to look at anything gaming-related as more of a niche thing. *shrug*

So, yay for learning more info to add to that pile of useless trivia in my head. *g*

cecil: If they ever have a Humble "choose your own adventures" book bundle I'm in.
penumbren: Oh heck yeah! In the small town I grew up in, there were three school libraries (elementary, middle, and high school) and a town library, and at one point, I'd read every CYOA book at least twice.
I almost want to try to write one now ;)
Scribblenauts Unlimited + Unmasked - http://www.nuuvem.com.br/combos 7.99 reals (around $2.50, apparently)

Ooooo~! *_*
high rated
Shockingly on-topic, this link just came across my twitter feed a few hours ago.

"The 7 Most F***ed Up Real 'Choose Your Own Adventure' Books"

I read them as a kid, but don't remember them being as awesome as the ones in that article.
The-Business: And you get Spec Ops: The Line as Steam key if you purchase any 2K game (I resist to say 'for free' because you have to buy something).
This is a pretty snazzy deal. I bought Bioshock DRM free and got Spec Ops the Line with it! Great times. :D
budejovice: "The 7 Most F***ed Up Real 'Choose Your Own Adventure' Books"

I read them as a kid, but don't remember them being as awesome as the ones in that article.
I read them too, every one I could get my hands on! *goes to look at article*
budejovice: Shockingly on-topic, this link just came across my twitter feed a few hours ago.

It's been so long since I've picked up one of these! Read a ton of these when I was younger too.

I remember reading #4 Space and Beyond - it was overall sorta weird to me at the time, though the only mentioned ending I really recall is becoming a space pirate and then seeing my wealth of currency devalued. >.<
budejovice: Shockingly on-topic, this link just came across my twitter feed a few hours ago.

expopower: It's been so long since I've picked up one of these! Read a ton of these when I was younger too.

I remember reading #4 Space and Beyond
A book titled Hostage... If they did that now how long would it take before someone caught wind of it on Twitter or Facebook and lost there minds due to political incorrectness? I'd give it about 3 days before it was a global trending topic.
genkicolleen: Scribblenauts Unlimited + Unmasked - http://www.nuuvem.com.br/combos 7.99 reals (around $2.50, apparently)

Ooooo~! *_*
I do like those games I love any excuse to get "wordy"

That is hilarious. I think I vaguely remember reading a couple of them, but I'm pretty sure that even three decades ago, some of them were too insane for my school's libraries to have. Thanks for the link!
lazylazyjoe: Don't know if it was mentioned, but if you don't have a Playfire account, you can get 4 free steam keys (clicky,pid,rabbit hole 3d, & Rooms) by signing up for a new account (must click subscribe to newsletter) then linking your Steam account.

The Playfire site says that the games are free only with purchase of a certain game, however new users just get the keys for free even though there is no mention of it. Be patient though, it took about 8 hours for the keys to be emailed to me.
Do you get the games associated with your steam account or as steam keys? If you get keys, what stops one from opening an alt steam account just for this?
(even if it does add the games to this alt account I suppose you can allow it to be used with your main via Family Sharing but it is more akward that way.)
penumbren: Never thought about publishing dates, actually. I just remembered seeing the CYOA books from about age 7 up. You made me curious: Turns out that Fighting Fantasy was first published in 1982, and CYOA started (under a slightly different name) in 1976. (Jeez, they're as old as me.) So, close together but different takes. I suspect I saw CYOA first because the U.S. tends to look at anything gaming-related as more of a niche thing. *shrug*

So, yay for learning more info to add to that pile of useless trivia in my head. *g*

Oh heck yeah! In the small town I grew up in, there were three school libraries (elementary, middle, and high school) and a town library, and at one point, I'd read every CYOA book at least twice.
cecil: I almost want to try to write one now ;)
I tried writing one at the time, gave up after page 20 or so in sake of my novel... that didn't went past the 4th chapter so far :/
cecil: I almost want to try to write one now ;)
BlackThorny: I tried writing one at the time, gave up after page 20 or so in sake of my novel... that didn't went past the 4th chapter so far :/
Good luck with your book :) I figure if I try it'd look like a bad kids book 3/4 stick figure drawing and 3 lines of dialogue per page.