It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there a competition between IR and Groupees I'm not aware of?
kip68: Groupees ought to use truth in advertising and name their next bundle The Turd Sandwich. They have had one or two bundles that have had a couple of mediocre to decent titles, but you have gotta be honest, they are definitely crap for the most part.
I'll see how the first one goes before I reserve Turd Sandwich 2. :)
HypersomniacLive: Is there a competition between IR and Groupees I'm not aware of?
For the worst bundle?
It might appear so but DIG has beaten them in that regard.

Even the latest IG bundle looks better, to me. And it has Gun Monkeys...

= = = = = = = =

<span class="bold">Tales of Maj'Eyal</span> is -75% on the Humble Store (DRM-Free, Steam).

Is also discounted on Steam if regional pricing gives you a better price
Post edited March 18, 2015 by madth3
HypersomniacLive: Is there a competition between IR and Groupees I'm not aware of?
I honestly think the whole bundle "thing" is coming to a sad demise. Even HB sucks for the most part these days. Nothing good lasts forever maybe?
madth3: For the worst bundle?

[...]
I'm surprised you even have to ask. Look, DIG already feels them breathe down its neck.
kip68: I honestly think the whole bundle "thing" is coming to a sad demise. Even HB sucks for the most part these days. Nothing good lasts forever maybe?
I think the new Humble PC and Android bundle is pretty good though so they still do bring out some interesting ones as compared to others. Also Bundle Stars has had quality bundles as well now and then.
Post edited March 18, 2015 by stg83
<span class="bold">Amazon.co.uk</span> have started another collection of normally paid apps for their Free App of the Day. 34 apps in total including Five Nights at Freddy's 2, World of Goo, Kingdom Rush: Origins (Kindle Fire only) and Elements of Photography Pro.

Presumably that means that Amazon.com will also be having a Free App bonanza when the day ticks over in a few hours with mostly the same apps, but possibly some different ones.
kip68: I honestly think the whole bundle "thing" is coming to a sad demise. Even HB sucks for the most part these days. Nothing good lasts forever maybe?
I go back and forth on that myself. On the one hand, it seems like most bundles are low quality shovelware these days, with the odd decent bundle popping up every now and then (ie: the Star Wars, Squeenix, FEAR bundles). On the other hand a lot of the semi-decent bundles contain mostly games I already own so it's not that they aren't good it's that I own some/all of the stuff I care about already. Actually the Square Enix bundle is a good example as I thought that was an awesome bundle but I already owned half the games. I wanted Thief, Murdered Soul Suspect, Lara Croft Guardian of Light, and Sleeping Dogs, but owned the rest of them so ended up not grabbing it in the end. Hopefully some of these titles will show up in a future bundle that has a better mix for me, or a snazzy seasonal sale promo.

Either way though I imagine everyone can agree that the more games you own the harder it is for new bundles to be interesting.
<span class="bold">Gauntlet</span> $4.99

This is why PC gaming is awesome. Because games come out one day, and in less than 6 months you can get them for 1/4 the price they were on release day, but you choose not to because you know within another 3-6 months the game will show up in a bundle of 12 games for $4. PC Gaming at its finest. :)
skeletonbow: I go back and forth on that myself. On the one hand, it seems like most bundles are low quality shovelware these days, with the odd decent bundle popping up every now and then (ie: the Star Wars, Squeenix, FEAR bundles). On the other hand a lot of the semi-decent bundles contain mostly games I already own so it's not that they aren't good it's that I own some/all of the stuff I care about already. Actually the Square Enix bundle is a good example as I thought that was an awesome bundle but I already owned half the games. I wanted Thief, Murdered Soul Suspect, Lara Croft Guardian of Light, and Sleeping Dogs, but owned the rest of them so ended up not grabbing it in the end. Hopefully some of these titles will show up in a future bundle that has a better mix for me, or a snazzy seasonal sale promo.

Either way though I imagine everyone can agree that the more games you own the harder it is for new bundles to be interesting.
Very true. I already own most of the stuff offered in the decent bundles as well. The Square Enix I actually did purchase because there were a couple I wanted and I gave the other keys to friends. The whole Groupees, Indie Gala/Royale type stuff is just...terrible. I actually went for a couple of the Groupees reserve sales like a fool. It really darkened my opinion of them. I used to find Groupees a bit amusing because I did get some really terrible games on purpose there because I wanted to see how terrible they really were. Guise of the Wolf and Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny for example. Their Greenlight bundles really kind of tick me off though. People buy that crap and then vote for it on Greenlight therefore giving these undeserving titles an unfair upper hand into making it into the Steam store. Somehow that just seems wrong to me. I may be reading too much into it, but I have actually seen some real trash from those bundles appear on Steam. I pretty much avoid the other ones like the plague. I'm just glad GOG has so many great titles. The worst game on GOG is better than their best.
New deal from IndieGameStand is Boot Hill Heroes. BTA for the Hangman's Ballad DLC (Steam-only). The base game comes with a DRM-Free download and a Steam key.
Post edited March 19, 2015 by Grargar
skeletonbow:
kip68: Very true. I already own most of the stuff offered in the decent bundles as well. The Square Enix I actually did purchase because there were a couple I wanted and I gave the other keys to friends. The whole Groupees, Indie Gala/Royale type stuff is just...terrible. I actually went for a couple of the Groupees reserve sales like a fool. It really darkened my opinion of them. I used to find Groupees a bit amusing because I did get some really terrible games on purpose there because I wanted to see how terrible they really were. Guise of the Wolf and Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny for example. Their Greenlight bundles really kind of tick me off though. People buy that crap and then vote for it on Greenlight therefore giving these undeserving titles an unfair upper hand into making it into the Steam store. Somehow that just seems wrong to me. I may be reading too much into it, but I have actually seen some real trash from those bundles appear on Steam. I pretty much avoid the other ones like the plague. I'm just glad GOG has so many great titles. The worst game on GOG is better than their best.
Yeah, I pretty much agree about Groupees and Indie Royale although I've had good experiences with 4 or 5 bundles on Indie Gala. Groupees is almost the bottom of the barrel IMHO, I had a pretty shitty experience with them on a bundle I bought there a couple years ago and crossed them off my shopping list. Indie Royale bundles seem to consist of games you'd kick out of the way if they were on the sidewalk on the way home. :)
madth3: For the worst bundle?

Even the latest IG bundle looks better, to me. And it has Gun Monkeys...

= = = = = = = =

<span class="bold">Tales of Maj'Eyal</span> is -75% on the Humble Store (DRM-Free, Steam).

Is also discounted on Steam if regional pricing gives you a better price
Lantern Forge is a great game! (in the IR bundle). Also if anyone wants ToME, I have one spare key for Steam that I believe (cannot be sure with my disorganisation) is valid. PM me if wanted and it is yours if I don't think you're an arse :P
Grargar: New deal from IndieGameStand is Boot Hill Heroes. BTA for the Hangman's Ballad DLC (Steam-only). The base game comes with a DRM-Free download and a Steam key.
Picked it up. What I have seen so far is really nice. Definitely old-school. I don't mean that in a bad way at all.
Tarnicus: Lantern Forge is a great game! (in the IR bundle). Also if anyone wants ToME, I have one spare key for Steam that I believe (cannot be sure with my disorganisation) is valid. PM me if wanted and it is yours if I don't think you're an arse :P
This is the one game in the bundle that interests me, but there are a lot of negative opinions on it on Steam that it feels incomplete. I've read that the devs were working on it full time at one point but since it did not take off they have had to enter the regular working world and put development of the game off on the side.

So I'm curious how half-baked it feels? If I liked the original Harvest Moon on SNES, do you think I would enjoy this?