It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IanM: Steam have some Ubisoft discounts

66% off South Park: The Stick of Truth

Not sure if this needs uplay but it seems like a good price, a few pennies better than the previous best?
Child of Light look interesting but it seem's 66% just for base game not include DLC's :\
thk47: Child of Light look interesting but it seem's 66% just for base game not include DLC's :\
Well, the only DLC which looks interesting is the Golem's Plight. But yeah, is not discounted.
the.kuribo: Valiant Hearts for $3.74 looks very tempting. Maybe it's time to pop my Uplay cherry...
genkicolleen: :o Valiant Hearts is SO worth $3.74 in my opinion, even with having to deal with Uplay. I have a review if you're interested :D
Hmmm...do you know if I could launch it directly from UPlay if bought from Steam? Or...would I have to jump through the hoops of running two clients? >.<
thk47: Child of Light look interesting but it seem's 66% just for base game not include DLC's :\
madth3: Well, the only DLC which looks interesting is the Golem's Plight. But yeah, is not discounted.
Thanks madth3, I'll give a try a base game then :)
expopower: Hmmm...do you know if I could launch it directly from UPlay if bought from Steam? Or...would I have to jump through the hoops of running two clients? >.<
Pretty sure I played it directly through Uplay.
expopower: Hmmm...do you know if I could launch it directly from UPlay if bought from Steam? Or...would I have to jump through the hoops of running two clients? >.<
genkicolleen: Pretty sure I played it directly through Uplay.
I thought the same about Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations but I was wrong. I couldn't play them directly through Uplay. Uplay gave me a message that I should start the game through Steam (and then automaticaly through Uplay). So, 2 clients.

This could not be the case for valiant Hearts, though.

Origin was different. I could activate on Origin the keys for several Steam games (Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, Crysys 2). After that, I could choose: play it on Steam only or Origin only.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by GabiMoro
Both clients.
genkicolleen: Pretty sure I played it directly through Uplay.
GabiMoro: I thought the same about Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations but I was wrong. I couldn't play them directly through Uplay. Uplay gave me a message that I should start the game through Steam (and then automaticaly through Uplay). So, 2 clients.

This could not be the case for valiant Hearts, though.

Origin was different. I could activate on Origin the keys for several Steam games (Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, Crysys 2). After that, I could choose: play it on Steam only or Origin only.
Grargar: Both clients.
Ack, thanks for the replies. I suppose at this price, it is still terribly enticing...
expopower: Ack, thanks for the replies. I suppose at this price, it is still terribly enticing...
If running two clients puts you off, it may be worth looking at buying directly from UbiSoft store. Currently a lot of their titles are the same price (or cheaper) than the Steam or Humble sales.
Any thoughts on the Assassin's Creed games?

I've never played any of them and I only own the first one, but I couldn't really get into it yet (admittedly I didn't try very hard). I often hear that II and IV are the best or most popular, but their prices are still too high for taking a risk atm. So I thought about getting Freedom Cry, which is cheaper and also has the advantage of being smaller and shorter - would it serve as a good introduction or demo, an appetizer, so to speak? (I also got hooked on Far Cry 3 only by playing the cheaper and shorter Blood Dragon first.)

Or should I just give my copy of AC1 another try and forget about the series if it turns out I don't like it?

EDIT: Oh, and another question: I'm a bit worried because Freedom Cry has a German title in the Uplay shop and there is no information on available languages. Does anyone know if buying the game there will allow me to play the original Englisch language version, too?
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Leroux
Green Man Gaming has an interesting offer running (not available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Russia, and any other country where the games are regionally locked -- make sure to check before purchase!) :

Buy Any Rezzed Title And Get 5 Free Games

The following 5 games are free (Steam keys) with purchase of any Rezzed title:
* Rooms: The Main Building
* Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
* Rabbit Hole 3D
* Clickr
* pid

They are also running a 22% off coupon code: H3U5TZ-9726D1-JIPSHC

I know that Time Gentlemen... has been said to be DRM-free after being installed with the Steam client, and some of the others may be as well.

The cheapest way to get these is to purchase Critical Mass for $0.49, and apply the 22% coupon code: H3U5TZ-9726D1-JIPSHC

However, Critical Mass only activates using Playfire.

Personally, I picked up the Introversion Pack for $3.85 after applying the 22% coupon code, which includes Darwinia, Multiwinia, Uplink: Hacker Elite, and DEFCON Steam keys (I believe all titles are actually DRM-Free after installing with the Steam client).

TLDR version, I got the following 9 (potentially) DRM-free games for $3.85:

* Rooms: The Main Building
* Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
* Rabbit Hole 3D
* Clickr
* pid
* Darwinia
* Multiwinia
* Uplink: Hacker Elite
* DEFCON

I can try testing the DRM-freeness of these a little later tonight, though I don't know how long the deal is good for.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by the.kuribo
the.kuribo: ...
I buy Critical Mass but still have no games pack :(
the.kuribo: ...
SpectrumX: I buy Critical Mass but still have no games pack :(
Hmm, it may be that Czech Republic is also excluded...

The bottom of the deal page it says "Games must be available in your region to qualify for the promotion"...

I just copied the countries list from a reddit post, but I guess there may be more countries affected...

I'll edit the post to make sure people check availability before buying
SpectrumX: I buy Critical Mass but still have no games pack :(
the.kuribo: Hmm, it may be that Czech Republic is also excluded...

The bottom of the deal page it says "Games must be available in your region to qualify for the promotion"...

I just copied the countries list from a reddit post, but I guess there may be more countries affected...

I'll edit the post to make sure people check availability before buying
ach wasted my 8.27 CZK :( :D
Leroux: Any thoughts on the Assassin's Creed games?

I've never played any of them and I only own the first one, but I couldn't really get into it yet (admittedly I didn't try very hard). I often hear that II and IV are the best or most popular, but their prices are still too high for taking a risk atm. So I thought about getting Freedom Cry, which is cheaper and also has the advantage of being smaller and shorter - would it serve as a good introduction or demo, an appetizer, so to speak? (I also got hooked on Far Cry 3 only by playing the cheaper and shorter Blood Dragon first.)

Or should I just give my copy of AC1 another try and forget about the series if it turns out I don't like it?

EDIT: Oh, and another question: I'm a bit worried because Freedom Cry has a German title in the Uplay shop and there is no information on available languages. Does anyone know if buying the game there will allow me to play the original Englisch language version, too?
Depends on what you're looking for.Gameplay wise AC series remains shallow and monotonous throughout-only the naval warfare in ACIII and ACIV shakes up things in that regard.Story wise the plot is convoluted and dumb as hell.ACII did introduced a character with actual depth and relatability which made it easier to look past the shitty plot.