It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: <span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Adventures!</span>

Includes soundtracks for all games.
Why is it that Humble can get the soundtracks for Broken Sword II, Broken Sword 5 and A Golden Wake, but GOG can't?
Tekkaman-James: Why is it that Humble can get the soundtracks for Broken Sword II, Broken Sword 5 and A Golden Wake, but GOG can't?
Maybe because it's for a limited time bundle?
madth3: Maybe because it's for a limited time bundle?
It certainly is, but after you buy the bundle the soundtracks won't disappear from your library later on like it has happened in some cases for games on GOG. Or atleast I am not aware of any reports of soundtracks being removed on Humble.
stg83: It certainly is, but after you buy the bundle the soundtracks won't disappear from your library later on like it has happened in some cases for games on GOG. Or atleast I am not aware of any reports of soundtracks being removed on Humble.
That was not what I was thinking. :-)

Sometimes, publishers/devs/musicians might be willing to sell a game/soundtrack at a discounted price but only in limited quantities or for a limited period of time.

Therefore, I think it might be misleading to compare a regularly sold item vs the content included in a bundle.
Post edited February 10, 2015 by madth3
madth3: Therefore, I think it' might be misleading to compare a regularly sold item vs the content included in a bundle.
I know that is not what you implied and I agree that a game being sold in a bundle is not the same as a regularly sold one. But it gave me an excuse to shed light again on how GOG is forced by publishers to remove soundtracks or other goodies from the accounts of folks that have bought it before which I find to be very disconcerting. :)
stg83: It certainly is, but after you buy the bundle the soundtracks won't disappear from your library later on like it has happened in some cases for games on GOG. Or at least I am not aware of any reports of soundtracks being removed on Humble.
I appreciate the replies and, while I believe the both of you, I fail to see what sense this makes. The mentality seems a bit faulty. What would those devs be losing by providing those soundtracks to their GOG customers? Do they sell them separately somewhere? If not, why hold them back? If so, then fair enough.
2nd week BTA games for the Star Wars Humble Bundle have been unlocked. They are:

Star Wars Starfighter
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Called it.
Tekkaman-James: What would those devs be losing by providing those soundtracks to their GOG customers? Do they sell them separately somewhere? If not, why hold them back? If so, then fair enough.
Broken Sword soundtrack is on iTunes, for example

I have no insight of the game development industry but the developers might not have the full rights for the soundtrack. In some cases, the musician(s) retain the right to sell the soundtrack apart from the game and I suppose special deals are made for bundles.

A curious example: cecil said he got the soundtrack for Tiny And Big in a Humble Bundle. I have Tiny and Big on HB too but for a different bundle and the soundtrack was not included.
madth3: A curious example: cecil said he got the soundtrack for Tiny And Big in a Humble Bundle. I have Tiny and Big on HB too but for a different bundle and the soundtrack was not included.
Yeah, that has happened for quite a few games actually. Sometimes there is even an additional extended soundtrack for a game which wasn't there in the previous bundle like Monaco: Whats Yours is Mine for example.
Post edited February 10, 2015 by stg83
Grargar: Star Wars Starfighter
No mention of MotS for Jedi Knigh, then.
Grargar: Star Wars Starfighter
madth3: No mention of MotS for Jedi Knigh, then.
It's not there, I checked my purchase. I'm not surprised.
madth3: No mention of MotS for Jedi Knigh, then.
You can't have everything, as it seems.
Grargar: You can't have everything, as it seems.
Oh but I do.
I got Jedi Knight on release here. ;-)
Tekkaman-James: What would those devs be losing by providing those soundtracks to their GOG customers? Do they sell them separately somewhere? If not, why hold them back? If so, then fair enough.
madth3: Broken Sword soundtrack is on iTunes, for example

I have no insight of the game development industry but the developers might not have the full rights for the soundtrack. In some cases, the musician(s) retain the right to sell the soundtrack apart from the game and I suppose special deals are made for bundles.

A curious example: cecil said he got the soundtrack for Tiny And Big in a Humble Bundle. I have Tiny and Big on HB too but for a different bundle and the soundtrack was not included.
I got Dust: An Elysian Tail the second time it was bundled so there was no soundtrack but I think there was the first time my theory on that is the first time it was part of a "proper" Bundle and the second time it was through the Eye Candy 2 Weekly.
cecil: I got Dust: An Elysian Tail the second time it was bundled so there was no soundtrack but I think there was the first time my theory on that is the first time it was part of a "proper" Bundle and the second time it was through the Eye Candy 2 Weekly.
It' actually quite random when a bundle gets a soundtrack. The current big bundle (Star Wars) gets absolutely no soundtracks, while the less important weekly bundle gets a full array of soundtracks.