It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GabiMoro: I haven't played Aarklash yet (but it's on my wishlist), I was only talking about Blackguards (I really liked it).
I also know from another thread that you don't like Heroes 3 (I'm a big fan).

You, sir, are on my blacklist.
Being on the blacklist means Licurg will come over to see you!
He'd only fling poo at Licurg, so not sure how big a threat that would be.

As for Aarklash, I picked it up on sale and have played through about 1/3 of it, from what I understand. I thought it was worth the couple bucks I paid for it, but I set it aside months ago and haven't bothered picking it up again, if that tells you anything.
Sachys: NARP!

I just found all the reviews etc surrounding Blackguards to be highly misleading as the supposed "excellent combat" was dull, tedious etc etc

Aarklash Legacy on the other hand, I avoided most reviews and that was the mistake.
GabiMoro: I haven't played Aarklash yet (but it's on my wishlist), I was only talking about Blackguards (I really liked it).
I also know from another thread that you don't like Heroes 3 (I'm a big fan).

You, sir, are on my blacklist.
Being on the blacklist means Licurg will come over to see you!
Me thinks Sachys better hide his dolls then.
BlackThorny: What ever happened to the other Creatures games? IIRC there were like 5 of those, I had #2 at the time, but I don't see them offered digitally.
Grargar: But they are. The 3 games avaialble on DotEmu and GOG are actually compilations. Specifically:

Creatures: The Albian Years
Contains Creatures 1+2

Creatures Exodus
Contains Creatures 3+Docking Station

Creatures Village
Contains Creatures Adventures+Creatures Playground
Thanks! Now I finally know :)

madth3: Friday Special Bundle on IndieGala

$1.99 (First 24 hours) for 15 Steam games

- Voyage: Journey to the Moon
- AI War : Fleet Command
- Bionic Dues
- Castle
- Ninja Guy
- Primal Fears
- Retention
- Shattered Haven
- Skyward Collapse
- Tales of Maj'Eyal
- Tidalis
- A Valley Without Wind: 1 & 2 Dual Pack
- Vintage Year
- Volt
Isn't this the lowest ever for Tales of Maj'Eyal, only out officially a couple of months ago, including all donors content & 14 extra games?!
edit: Ok it appears Shinyloot sold it for 1.75$ at some point and it appeared in a Shinyloot bundle in Groupees, but that's still the lowest registered price for that title anywhere else and it did debut on Gog just in November though it seems to be on steam for about a year, so I dunno.
Still seems like a good deal with A Valley Without Wind: 1 & 2 I don't have yet.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by BlackThorny
Groupees Build a Greenlight 18 is now live! The games are:

Hook
Tachyon Reef 3D (Itch.io)
Big Fish Legend
The Adventures of Mr. Bobley
Vortex Attack (Desura)
Against Hell
Ancestory (Multiplayer-only)
Skyflower

Bonus (2)
DarkBase 01 (Unlocked)
Witches, Heroes and Magic at 4000 bundles.
Post edited January 30, 2015 by Grargar
BlackThorny: Isn't this the lowest ever for Tales of Maj'Eyal, only out officially a couple of months ago, including all donors content & 14 extra games?!
Tales has been out for ages (Dec 2012) and has been quite cheap many times. Maybe it was in beta or something, but it was fully function for a long time. The expansion Ashes of Arh'Rok is the new one (released Oct 27 '14) and has not been on super-sale anywhere I've seen (though it's just $4).
BlackThorny: Isn't this the lowest ever for Tales of Maj'Eyal, only out officially a couple of months ago, including all donors content & 14 extra games?!
Couple of months on GOG. On Steam, it's been available ever since December 2013.
All those games... I thought that earlier and extrapolated: rental prices for rental games.

I don't have any of them, all DRM-free. I guess that's good enough no matter what the games are like. :)
Post edited January 30, 2015 by budejovice
so the promised strategy, horror and shooters are sort of there - in the guise of tower defense and other playstyles I dont like.

another preorder poopoo!

glad I got it as a gift.
Sachys: so the promised strategy, horror and shooters are sort of there - in the guise of tower defense and other playstyles I dont like.

another preorder poopoo!

glad I got it as a gift.
Yeah, not looking so amazing.

"Against Hell" didn't really show gameplay in the video, but had some metal guitars, so I'll at least give that a whirl.

The card game looks like it might be OK.

That's about it, unless the 2nd unlock "HoMM except hard" turns into something.
GreenmanGaming has some discounts on "big" titles of 2014

Voucher available on the page for an extra discount.
Coelocanth: As for Aarklash, I picked it up on sale and have played through about 1/3 of it, from what I understand. I thought it was worth the couple bucks I paid for it, but I set it aside months ago and haven't bothered picking it up again, if that tells you anything.
Thanks, I'll pick it up at the next sale.
On Steam:

* <span class="bold">Never Alone</span> (Kisima Ingitchuna) is -40% as daily deal
* <span class="bold">Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones</span> is -40% (Just added on Steam, I think)
Not bad, think I'll pick it up for Hook and Tachyon Reef 3D. Hook in particular is my kind of abstract game.

Skyflower looks interesting, if just for being a bullet-hell roguelike. :) And might toss in Against Hell as a cheap extra, even though I have plenty of better TD games unplayed.
IN SPAAAAAAAACE for 80%. €1.20

realistic Astronaut with Jetpack sim.
madth3: Friday Special Bundle on IndieGala

$1.99 (First 24 hours) for 15 Steam games
[...]
Even though I own half the games there, the other half still feel tempting enough for me to buy...agh. >.<