It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

01kipper: I'd be interested in any recommendations for true adventure games (not puzzle or hidden object).
If you search for the term collectors, you'll see 406 results. See here:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/search.html?search=collectors

The site then allows you to choose by genre:
Hidden Object (383)
Time Management (8)
Adventure (6)
Match 3 (5)
Strategy (2)
Card & Board (1)
Puzzle (1)

The minority genres contain some false positives (collectors is found in text rather than title) and some misplaced hidden-object games. So you're only looking at a small handful of games to look through. What's more, most of the Time Management games seem to be clones, so there are only three or four representative games to consider in this deal.
01kipper: That is a longer list than I expected! But it's a good start. Thank you, I'll start investigating in more detail now :).
genkicolleen: Yeah, it's longer than I realized, too! lol~ Big Fish has removed some of the true adventures from their catalog, though, and some of those are adventure-lites.
I don't think the "free Collectors Edition" code would work on most of those though, right? If I'm not mistaken, CEs (that add some gameplay, a hintbook, soundtrack etc.) on BigFish are mostly for HOGs, and regular adventures don't apply? At least I didn't notice any in the list ne_zavarj linked to.

Thanks for the Drawn recommendation, forgot about those; seem to have gotten a good rep for being an adventure-lite that appeals to many adventure-hards ;)
grimwerk:
MoP: I don't think the "free Collectors Edition" code would work on most of those though, right?
I found out that the code will work for ANY game at Big Fish, regular OR Collector's Edition!
Post edited January 17, 2015 by genkicolleen
MoP: I don't think the "free Collectors Edition" code would work on most of those though, right?
genkicolleen: I found out that the code will work for ANY game at Big Fish, regular OR Collector's Edition!
Holy mackerel, thanks for the heads up then - it's glitch-utilizing (actually, might not be a glitch, what do I know) adventure-hunting time!
Post edited January 17, 2015 by MoP
genkicolleen: The DRM, as madth3 mentioned, is Big Fish's game manager. You MUST download the games through their manager, but you can bypass the thing (once the games are purchased) by going into the game folder and making a shortcut to the game's .exe file.
However, after change hardware (don't sure about system) at least some BFG games requires re-activation (enter security key).
genkicolleen: I found out that the code will work for ANY game at Big Fish, regular OR Collector's Edition!
MoP: Holy mackerel, thanks for the heads up then - it's glitch-utilizing (actually, might not be a glitch, what do I know) adventure-hunting time!
Well, have your fun, but don't go fooling yourself. It's a glitch. There's no way a website is giving away for free every copy of their collector's edition games.
Placio74: However, after change hardware (don't sure about system) at least some BFG games requires re-activation (enter security key).
If you change to a new machine, you'll have to re-download the game, but it will automatically re-activate as long as you're signed in to your game manager ;) Big Fish does not use activation keys.

The code works ONCE per account, and expires on the 25th.
Post edited January 18, 2015 by genkicolleen
MoP: Holy mackerel, thanks for the heads up then - it's glitch-utilizing (actually, might not be a glitch, what do I know) adventure-hunting time!
misteryo: Well, have your fun, but don't go fooling yourself. It's a glitch. There's no way a website is giving away for free every copy of their collector's edition games.
The way I interpreted that post is that the code only works once, but it works for any game, collector's edition or regular.
misteryo: Well, have your fun, but don't go fooling yourself. It's a glitch. There's no way a website is giving away for free every copy of their collector's edition games.
FearfulSymmetry: The way I interpreted that post is that the code only works once, but it works for any game, collector's edition or regular.
Thank you for clarifying.

I've been poking around, and it also seems to work on any game. I'm going to use it to get Aveyond: the something Orbs.

Cheers!

EDIT: And I can confirm that the code only works once and for one game only.

EDIT2: And can also confirm that once downloaded through the client, you can simply copy the folder to a new location, uninstall through the client, then uninstall the client. Game still runs.

Thanks! I got a nice free game for a little install/uninstall hassle.

Cheers!
Post edited January 18, 2015 by misteryo
genkicolleen: If you change to a new machine, you'll have to re-download the game, but it will automatically re-activate as long as you're signed in to your game manager ;) Big Fish does not use activation keys.
This may work for some games, but for some other not. I have two games (Ricochet series) for which automatic re-activation (also after re-download nad reinstall) did not work - after contacting with customer support I got security keys.
Security Key Error
Placio74: This may work for some games, but for some other not. I have two games (Ricochet series) for which automatic re-activation (also after re-download nad reinstall) did not work - after contacting with customer support I got security keys.
Security Key Error
Wow! I believe you, I've just never heard of this happening before! :o
Thanks for the heads up!
That coupon again is FREEGAME86966 if people have scrolling issues. Thanks, ne!
I ended up getting "Spongebob Squarepants Typing" (from BigFish) for my son... :D
I slogged through that BigFish site looking for something worthwhile. I surrendered.

Luckily, I skimmed Genki's useful list afterwards, and recognized Return to Mysterious Island 2. Ha. Wish I'd done so earlier.