It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarnicus: "The best bargains come from outside of Steam" <-- by that do you mean that the best prices for Steam games from outside of Steam? They generally do but not always, especially when one factors in the added benefit of Steam cash from card sales. The Spellforce link is for Steam :) Amazon don't want to accept my Australian credit and debit cards anymore :( Ah well I had fun using McDonalds in the USA as my address for a couple of years to get some great deals from them.
2 observations from me:

1) Doesn't the recent regional locking only affect gifts? I thought it didn'f affect Nuuvem's keys.
2) Regarding the Amazon thingie, Cyraxpt found that a way to by pass this restriction, was to buy gift cards and then use them to purchase games from Amazon.
Grargar: 2 observations from me:

1) Doesn't the recent regional locking only affect gifts? I thought it didn'f affect Nuuvem's keys.
2) Regarding the Amazon thingie, found that a way to by pass this restriction, was to buy gift cards and then use them to purchase games from Amazon. <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post53499" class="link_arrow"></a></div> 1/ Keys from Steam resellers can be region locked. I tested this out myself with a cheap DLC for Borderlands 2. [url=http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Ultimate-Hunter-Upgrade-Online/dp/B00EVY80IU]Requires Steam Client to activate. Steam key only valid in North America. is the message Amazon puts on such products as opposed to standard message of "Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address." (which is meaningless apart from the ability to purchase)

2/ Thanks for linking that post. It looks like Amazon are already on top of that method though, as can be seen with South Park "Note: Gifting is not available for this item."

I also read something recently about changes to US banking laws and temporary credit cards, where they are unable to be used outside of the US if a non-US address is used or something to that effect.
Tarnicus: 1/ Keys from Steam resellers can be region locked. I tested this out myself with a cheap DLC for Borderlands 2. Requires Steam Client to activate. Steam key only valid in North America. is the message Amazon puts on such products as opposed to standard message of "Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address." (which is meaningless apart from the ability to purchase)
In general? Yes, they can (I remember Psyringe mentioning that the Metro games are regionally-locked on GamersGate). I was referring to Nuuvem, though, which seems to be unaffected, for the time being.
Sometimes nuuvem warns about region restrictions on the game page.

Sometimes nuuvem warns about region restrictions during the checkout process based on your IP location.

Sometimes nuuvem doesn't warn you at all and the game's locked anyway.

Those are the testimonies I've casually gathered the last few weeks or so, but I didn't look to much into them.
PincushionMan: I seem to remember someone mentioning this strategy game, Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension never goes on sale very often or for very much. Per isthereanydeal, the last time this game was $8.74 was about 9 months ago.

Today it is on sale on Steam for 75% for 9.75 more hours.

Good luck!

edit: source, corrected name spelling
Tarnicus: You are indeed correct that it rarely goes on sale! I wasn't aware that it had been this cheap before as I have been keeping my on it for months. The counter says 21 more hours for me, and thank you very much for noting this one :) It is difficult to keep track of so many bargains.

Edit: Hmm after reading this review I am little hesitant as I didn't realise that the focus on the game was multiplayer. Can anyone comment on the single player experience?
I'm actually curious to know too, as I've heard a lot about this game, but I'm waffling between either this or Conquest of Elysium 3.
Grargar: In general? Yes, they can (I remember Psyringe mentioning that the Metro games are regionally-locked on GamersGate). I was referring to Nuuvem, though, which seems to be unaffected, for the time being.
Thanks for the clarification and for linking that thread :) I was meaning in general as I have never purchased from Nuuvem and was only just looking into it before the recent region locking occurred on Steam.

retsuseiba: Sometimes nuuvem warns about region restrictions on the game page.

Sometimes nuuvem warns about region restrictions during the checkout process based on your IP location.

Sometimes nuuvem doesn't warn you at all and the game's locked anyway.

Those are the testimonies I've casually gathered the last few weeks or so, but I didn't look to much into them.
That coincides with the casual research I did on the matter too and came to the conclusion that unless I was positive the key would work, it wasn't worth the risk.

rampancy: I'm actually curious to know too, as I've heard a lot about this game, but I'm waffling between either this or Conquest of Elysium 3.
There's always Dominions 3 as well :) I've got it and CoE3 but cannot comment on either as I have yet to play them. It has been a while since I have sat down and put a decent amount of time into one of my favourite genres.
Post edited December 26, 2014 by Tarnicus
Tarnicus: With the recent changes to regional trading on Steam, Brazil (Nuuvem) is out, depending on the game.
Nuuvem's ontop of it, in the games description it now says under the DRM section if it's region locked. Also, the Enhanced Steam add-on tells you if a game is region locked, and as a last resort there's SteamDB.
Tarnicus: The Spellforce link is for Steam :) Amazon don't want to accept my Australian credit and debit cards anymore :( Ah well I had fun using McDonalds in the USA as my address for a couple of years to get some great deals from them.
lol, my address there still works.

Can use Borderlinx for a legit address, a free service which only charges if you ship a parcel through them. I had no issues with the Spellforce using my Northern Territory CC, though for some games (e.g. Beyond Earth) Amazon will ping your bank to check it's location. To bypass that you can use Amex (it doesn't care where it's registered) or purchase US Amazon gift cards fro places like UK.

I just bought region locked Metro Last Redux from Amazon today, redeems on Steam as (NA) North American version but still installs, downloads, and plays. Spent an hour playing just to make sure. Had to test it out as Enhanced Steam said it wasn't region locked.

Edit: Also, on the Borderlands link you provided there is a spot where Amazon puts the region lock message "Requires Steam Client to activate. Steam key only valid in North America", just below the "Download time".

2nd Edit: It let me buy another SpellForce Complete without issue ...... :/
Post edited December 26, 2014 by Ebany
Since GOG has forgotten to post a headline about it, there is a Square-Enix promocurrently running, with all Square-Enix games (except for Gex), discounted by 75%. Unlike other weekend promos, this will last till the 1st January.
Grargar: Unlike other weekend promos, this will last till the 1st January.
Well since its the new year promo, they are going to post about it on New Years. ;)
Tarnicus: ...The Spellforce link is for Steam :) Amazon don't want to accept my Australian credit and debit cards anymore :( Ah well I had fun using McDonalds in the USA as my address for a couple of years to get some great deals from them...
I don't understand why you're having a problem :/ When I first registered on Amazon, I linked my address as a place in Washington (Motel/Hotel). I've never had a problem and bought that Spellforce pack last night without issue using my debit Mastercard

Mayhaps change your address?
Why isn't Gex on sale? Thats the only game I wanted from them :(
Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but Amazon seems to be giving away a lot of Android stuff as part of their boxing day sale.

First thing I've noticed is Android version of Terraria, which if it is even half as good as the PC version should be excellent.

Here's the link
adaliabooks: Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but Amazon seems to be giving away a lot of Android stuff as part of their boxing day sale.

First thing I've noticed is Android version of Terraria, which if it is even half as good as the PC version should be excellent.

Here's the link
Are they also giving away an Android phone? ;-P
adaliabooks: Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but Amazon seems to be giving away a lot of Android stuff as part of their boxing day sale.

Here's the link
HypersomniacLive: Are they also giving away an Android phone? ;-P
No, but I'm sure they'll be selling them cheap somewhere too. ;)
New deal from IndieGameStand is Fake Colours. BTA for the soundtrack.