It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JaqFrost: Does anyone else get an 'access denied' when trying to download Desura installers via browser? I can't access any of my games. The demo links and whatnot seem to work just fine for browser direct downloads. It's only the game installers that are inaccessible... Does Desura now require the use of their client? =(
It might sound obvious, but are you logged into your account whilst on the site? I tested (using Firefox) and have no problems accessing direct downloads.
Sachys: Almost - space empires 4x required you to activate the game through the desura client with a key (one you could only get through the client) even though it was listed as DRM free.
Sneaky bastards! Although a game listed as being "DRM free" and then containing a Desura code seems to me (and please correct me if wrong) that it is no different from giving out a GOG game and listing that as DRM free? Same thing...register on site and then download, no client needed.

HypersomniacLive: You're most likely right, but the purpose of the Build a Greenlight bundles is not to offer interesting DRM-free games, it''s to push enough votes to get the games on Steam. They always feel like "hey, look we're on Greenlight, we hope this bundle will get us enough votes to make it, and in return everyone gets a Steam key"; Groupees are doing so many and so often, that it's hard to find something interesting in them. The Bundle in A Box was my favourite, they used to do curated, themed bundles, and not just the kind that Groupees does. That's why I'm concerned about a possible decline, and the fact that the second bundle is coming so soon after the first one, is a bit worrisome, at least to me.
That is an unfortunate side effect of bundles and greenlighting. I am curious to see how things go when/if Greenlight vanishes.
Post edited December 24, 2014 by Tarnicus
New deals on the Steam sale

Mark of the Ninja -80%
Blackguards -80%
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -75%
Remember Me -75%
hummer010: I've only just started playing it for the first time on a PC! $5 seems like a lot for a PC port with crappy controls.
It's actually an iOS port of an Xbox port. Surely that is worth $5. ;)

But really, unless you think that $5 is a lot for the PC version I don't see why the Android version would be worth much less. The iOS version is considered good by most, so I imagine that the Android version will be enjoyable too. I guess I'll see for myself once I finish Blackwell Deception and Epiphany (hoping that Epiphany would run on Android, but good chance since Deception does).
-_-
https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/deals/sale/newyears-sale
Amazon has a bunch of Android apps for free again, notable among which this time are Terraria and Five Nights at Freddy's.
http://www.vayaansias.com/2014/12/holiday-sales-en-amazongames-drm_24.html
Not including Sims 3 nor its expansions -_-
Tarnicus: [...]

Sneaky bastards! Although a game listed as being "DRM free" and then containing a Desura code seems to me (and please correct me if wrong) that it is no different from giving out a GOG game and listing that as DRM free? Same thing...register on site and then download, no client needed.

[...]
The example Sachys gave is not a simple case of getting a standalone DRM-fee installer through Desura, it required the application of an extra code that was only obtainable through the Desura client. Not what I'd expect for a game advertised as DRM-free; then again, Groupees is very careless about these things, as they don't really care.
You Don't Know Jack Classic Bundle
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/you-dont-know-jack-classic-bundle/

Outrageous questions, quick-fire answers - Pay €3.79/$3.99 for a trivia-tastic bundle, saving 80%!

You Don't Know Jack - Vol. 1 XL
You Don't Know Jack - Vol. 2
You Don't Know Jack - Vol. 3
You Don't Know Jack - Vol. 4 The Ride
You Don't Know Jack - Vol. 6 The Lost Gold
You Don't Know Jack - Headrush
You Don't Know Jack - Movies
You Don't Know Jack - Sports
You Don't Know Jack - Television
Tarnicus: [...]

[...]
HypersomniacLive: The example Sachys gave is not a simple case of getting a standalone DRM-fee installer through Desura, it required the application of an extra code that was only obtainable through the Desura client. Not what I'd expect for a game advertised as DRM-free; then again, Groupees is very careless about these things, as they don't really care.
From what I can tell the fault lies somewhere between Desura and the developer, rather than with Groupees. Both the developer and Desura advertise the game as DRM free, which it is indeed not(I own it so figured I'd test it) and I replied here to echo the sentiments expressed here :)
Tarnicus: It might sound obvious, but are you logged into your account whilst on the site? I tested (using Firefox) and have no problems accessing direct downloads.
Yeah, I'm logged in. I wouldn't be seeing the download links if I wasn't. Support wanted to know whether I was using a proxy, but I'm not. The only thing different from the norm is that I'm currently not in Vietnam. I haven't heard back from them yet and I suppose I won't until after Christmas. =/ Thanks for trying to help though!
I'm sure someone has probably already gotten this, so consider it a bump... ( I read the last 8 hours or so and didn't see it)

Free Racer 8 on indie gala

https://www.indiegala.com/store
Post edited December 24, 2014 by Cyberevil
Borderlands: The Pre-sequel for 14.99lbs @ UK Gamesplanet. Well that's a weight off my mind for festive celebrations. I took a risk and purchased from a site that I have never used before, in a region that I do not belong to, from a company that loves to regionally price my down under region, and voila the site and code work! Snap them up as I see this special going quickly :)
Today's Bethesda daily deal on GamersGate is Dishonored GOTY at -66%.
Post edited December 24, 2014 by Grargar