It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LJChronx: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is 80% off at $2.99 on Steam. Might pick this one up. Recommended?
Yep, awesome game, despite the bugs you may encounter.
On GreenmanGaming:

<span class="bold">Bastion</span> and <span class="bold">Anodyne</span> are both -75%, for Steam. Possible 80% with their voucher code.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

While on the Humble Store, for another 10 hours, <span class="bold">Spellforce Complete</span> for Steam has a -90%
Post edited December 19, 2014 by madth3
dyscode: Metal Gear Rising is €4
This game is ultimate BAD ASS!
I'm curious, does this game make sense storywise without playing Metal Gear Solid 4? My lack of PS3 has prevented me from playing past MGS3.
LJChronx: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is 80% off at $2.99 on Steam. Might pick this one up. Recommended?
I really enjoyed it. Visuals/environment reminded me of LOTR - was a cool story.
lemuria: Steam Holiday Sale started
Can I still enjoy this game if I the last Metal Gear I've played was Metal Gear Solid 1? Or is it better if I actually play through the rest of the games first?
the.kuribo: Can I still enjoy this game if I the last Metal Gear I've played was Metal Gear Solid 1? Or is it better if I actually play through the rest of the games first?
Well, i basically never played any mgs (played like 1h of the first and 20m of the 3rd), not sure if i missed some of the lore of the series but the story is so silly that it doesn't matter, it's more of gameplay focused than anything else.
the.kuribo: Can I still enjoy this game if I the last Metal Gear I've played was Metal Gear Solid 1? Or is it better if I actually play through the rest of the games first?
Cyraxpt: Well, i basically never played any mgs (played like 1h of the first and 20m of the 3rd), not sure if i missed some of the lore of the series but the story is so silly that it doesn't matter, it's more of gameplay focused than anything else.
Oh really? I was actually considering purchase more because the story/production values seemed high. I guess it's more like "good story" in video game terms.... if the story is that silly I might put it off then until way later as I've got a ton of other titles which I'm looking forward to trying this winter.

That Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons looks pretty promising in the story department again... but I'm always a little ambivalent when game reviewers say something has a "good story" because I find most of the mainstream stuff always so trite and poorly written in comparison to literary and cinematic works.
Post edited December 19, 2014 by the.kuribo
Cyraxpt: Well, i basically never played any mgs (played like 1h of the first and 20m of the 3rd), not sure if i missed some of the lore of the series but the story is so silly that it doesn't matter, it's more of gameplay focused than anything else.
the.kuribo: Oh really? I was actually considering purchase more because the story/production values seemed high. I guess it's more like "good story" in video game terms.... if the story is that silly I might put it off then until way later as I've got a ton of other titles which I'm looking forward to trying this winter.

That Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons looks pretty promising in the story department again... but I'm always a little ambivalent when game reviewers say something has a "good story" because I find most of the mainstream stuff always so trite and poorly written in comparison to literary and cinematic works.
Nah, MG Rising is terrible in the story department unless you're looking for something goofy. Not sure about Brothers ATOTS, i haven't played it but it's more the actions than words if you know what i mean, if i remember correctly there isn't even dialogues since the two characters language is... sounds... But i don't know, i haven't actually played it besides the demo.

Again, i can't recommend it since i also haven't played it but Valiant Hearts is also said to be a good choice.
Cyraxpt: Not sure about Brothers ATOTS, i haven't played it but it's more the actions than words if you know what i mean, if i remember correctly there isn't even dialogues since the two characters language is... sounds... But i don't know, i haven't actually played it besides the demo.

Again, i can't recommend it since i also haven't played it but Valiant Hearts is also said to be a good choice.
Oh that actually sounds pretty perfect -- I find that games with little or no dialogue tend to be the ones with most effective narrative impact. Limbo was this way for me.

Thanks for the Valiant Hearts recommendation, I'll have a look at it too.

***edit: update, checked out Valiant Hearts***

Well, now I'm conflicted. Valiant Hearts looks pretty brilliant and may represent an excellent step forward in the importance of well-crafted narratives in video games, but it forces the installation of UPlay in order to play it.
Post edited December 19, 2014 by the.kuribo
Steam Sale = pretty ordinary.what happened to all the featured games of years gone by that used to be 99% of the time 75% at LEAST on dailies?.

PincushionMan: Steam Sale is on...

Oh - ninja'd.

Well, here's some good deals anyway:
I believe these are the featured, 2 day sales:
Dark Souls II - $15 (63%)
Space Engineers (w/Workshop mods) - $10 (50%)
RockSmith 2014 - $21 (66%)
Sniper Elite III - $25 (50%)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero - $14 (33%)
Sid Meier's Civ Beyond Earth - $30 (40%)
Total War: Rome II - $15 (75%)
Euro Truck Sim 2 - $3.75 (85%)
State of Decay - $5 (75%)

These are the flash 12hr sales - I think they expire Midnight Pacific Time (GMT-8):
Styx: Master of Shadows (50%) $15
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Ed (75%) $5
Damned (75%) $5
MS Flight Sim X: Steam Ed (80%) $5
Hegemony Rome (85%) $4.50
SpeedRunners (75%) $2.50
THose are USD prices. Some of them ie Beyond Earth is $53.99 which *SHOULD* be the normal price.. but of course wankfest publishers do the australia tax. typical.
Post edited December 19, 2014 by Niggles
Exoanthrope: I'm curious, does this game make sense storywise without playing Metal Gear Solid 4? My lack of PS3 has prevented me from playing past MGS3.
I stopped follwing MGS past MGS 2.
You don't play MG:R for the story though. This is one of the best ultrafast hack n slasher since a long time with really satisfying gameplay. If one likes the story it' s just a bonus. My 2c.
Post edited December 19, 2014 by dyscode
<3 my ability to buy from US Steam store in AU... but even with that being said Civ: BE is still too expensive... ><
Did pick up Dark Souls 2 though
Post edited December 19, 2014 by Bigs
For the next 24 hours in the Steam Sale

- Broforce -33%
- Broken Age -66%
- Dead Space 2 -75%
- Defense Grid 2 -66%
- Doorkickers -50%
- Monaco -91%
Dragon Age II is about 3.5 USD on Nuuvem. Unfortunately it has no DLCs. I wonder if Origin games are region restricted in Brazil though.
blotunga: Dragon Age II is about 3.5 USD on Nuuvem. Unfortunately it has no DLCs. I wonder if Origin games are region restricted in Brazil though.
You missed the deal gamesplanet had on Dragon Age 2 - it was 2,5€, don't know if the origin games are region locked though.