It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

murcielago: There is a free game among the daily deals on FireFlower (Space Slice)
Did anybody try this? should I be sorry I missed it? never heard of it before (but I'm not too much into platformers).
murcielago: There is a free game among the daily deals on FireFlower (Space Slice)
BlackThorny: Did anybody try this? should I be sorry I missed it? never heard of it before (but I'm not too much into platformers).
I got this giveaway, but missed one they gave before (The Perfidious Petrol Station)
Just a heads up, since it was discussed here, the sack of gems is worth it again, currently selling around 0.50€, i guess it was the glitched sacks that screwed up the marked.
dyscode: Is there ANY advantage of having that on Steam?
DeMignon: Is there any advantage of using Steam at all ;-P
Hundreds of great games not available on GOG? Workshop? Multiplayer? Auto-Patching?
Even if GOG Galaxy catches up on the last 3, which I totally wish for, there are still the games ;)
dyscode: Hundreds of great games not available on GOG? Workshop? Multiplayer? Auto-Patching?
Even if GOG Galaxy catches up on the last 3, which I totally wish for, there are still the games ;)
Auto-patching that can remove game content, ala gta:sa's music tracks and auto-patches that break games.
Cyraxpt: Just a heads up, since it was discussed here, the sack of gems is worth it again, currently selling around 0.50€, i guess it was the glitched sacks that screwed up the marked.
I have some trading cards (Steam Summer Getaway Trading Card) which I can sell for 0,07 € (the starting price), that means I can get 0,05 € (0,01€ to the developers and 0,01€ Steam fee).

If I turn one trading card for gems I get 20 gems. So 1 gems values 0,05 / 20 = 0,0025€.

If I sell a sack of gems (1.000 gems) for around 0.50€ then 1 gems values 0,50 / 1000 = 0,0005€.

I rest my case.

EDIT: I also have some regular Trading cards (form The Bridge) which I can turn to ONLY 5 gems. I can sell that trading card for 0,08€ (my net gain would be 0,06€. (1 gem =0,012€). I would rather sell all my trading cards and buy the game I want at next sale (which starts tomorrow) rather than bid with gems.
Post edited December 14, 2014 by GabiMoro
I already mentioned that it was for those who made the badges and had those backgrounds and chat icons eternaly on the market for dirty cheap, those are worth way more gems.
Cyraxpt: I already mentioned that it was for those who made the badges and had those backgrounds and chat icons eternaly on the market for dirty cheap, those are worth way more gems.
I don't know how many gems I'd get for a badge, background etc (I have none) but a trading card has a very low value of gems (too few gems, not worth it, I better sell it).
GabiMoro: I don't know how many gems I'd get for a badge, background etc (I have none) but a trading card has a very low value of gems (too few gems, not worth it, I better sell it).
Yes, the cards does not worth it, but almost all emoticons and background sells for 0.03 and all give 80 or 100 gems.
dyscode: Hundreds of great games not available on GOG? Workshop? Multiplayer? Auto-Patching?
gbaz69: Auto-patching that can remove game content, ala gta:sa's music tracks and auto-patches that break games.
The GTA:SA music removal is a Rockstar thing. Those guys have all the money in the world yet are too cheap to license out the music again. I enjoy STEAM myself, but crap like this makes you realize that DRM free is definitely the way to go.
GabiMoro: I don't know how many gems I'd get for a badge, background etc (I have none) but a trading card has a very low value of gems (too few gems, not worth it, I better sell it).
The backgrounds and emoticons can be worth from 60 to 100 gems (at least the ones I got).
Post edited December 14, 2014 by lukslo
On the Humble Store, among others:

<span class="bold">Stix: Master of Shadows</span> is -50% for another 11 hours.

<span class="bold">Titan Quest Gold</span> is -85%

<span class="bold">Dungeons: Gold Edition</span> is -85%
kip68: The GTA:SA music removal is a Rockstar thing. Those guys have all the money in the world yet are too cheap to license out the music again. I enjoy STEAM myself, but crap like this makes you realize that DRM free is definitely the way to go.
It's most definitely a Steam thing. Rockstar were cheap to renew the license, but Steam were sloppy enough to apply the removal retroactively, to all the people who purchased the licensed music. I still hold out hope that they will be sued for this flagrant bait-and-switch.
Emotes and backgrounds can be worth from 10 to 100 gems. The high value ones have already quadrupled in value to the sellers (not quite so for the buyers, as the Steam tax is a flat 2c at low values).

I think cards vs badge products are mostly equivalent in gem value (e.g. a game with an 8-card badge, each card worth 15 gems, will yield an emote and background worth 60 gems each). I've only my observations to go on here, though, so I'm not completely sure. But yes, cards are worth more sold, at least for now.
Post edited December 14, 2014 by Spinorial
siulebuo: Yes, the cards does not worth it, but almost all emoticons and background sells for 0.03 and all give 80 or 100 gems.
You'd be shocked actually. It's like the entire market of 0.03 items has been bought already, it's insane. When I check my emoticons/backgrounds in my backpack now barely any (if any) are still listed as 0,03, it's all 0.04 and higher.

This whole event is being a massive database cleanup for Valve it seems, both for the inventories as well as the market.
dyscode: Workshop?
There are plenty of much better options than Steam workshop.Nexus mods being the main one - plenty of mod authors refuse to use the steam workshop and also lots of popular mods are on nexus and not steam workshop.
Grargar: As part of their own Holiday sale, GamersGate has a 72 Hours deal on RPG games. Of particular interest is the sequel to Fantasy Wars, Elven Legacy Collection (still not here) at -75%/€3.75, which hasn't been discounted ever since May and is the only place to find the game DRM-Free (not sure about Amazon's version, though).
Nice selection but i swear some of these games have been cheaper on GG in their previous sales?.
Post edited December 14, 2014 by Niggles