It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deal of the Day : The Orange Box on Greenmangaming for 4,74 € !
You can use your -25% Loyalty voucher to save 1,18 € :)
Post edited October 26, 2014 by MaxFulvus
<span class="bold"><i>Super Meat Boy</i></span> is -80% on Steam as a daily deal.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

<span class="bold"><i>Dungeon Lurk II - Leona</i></span> is the current del on IndieGameStand

PWYW - DRM-Free
$1: Desura and Steam keys
BTA for the OST
There are several games on sale at Desura (including a few free ones). There's no extra sale page so just scroll down to the "Browse by sale" field.

A few examples:

<span class="bold">Quest for Infamy - 3,75&euro; (75% off)</span>
<span class="bold">Fibrillation - Free</span>
<span class="bold">Kilgazar - 1,05&euro; (70% off)</span>
<span class="bold">The Falling Sun - 1,75&euro; (75% off)</span>
<span class="bold">Triera - Free</span>
<span class="bold">Subdog underwater adventure - 0,99&euro; (50% off)</span>

Hurry up if you want Quest for Infamy, it's on sale for only 4 more hours.
Bundlestars

Phantom Bundle..

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
STEAM - WIN

Haunted
STEAM - WIN

Shadows: Price For Our Sins
STEAM - WIN

Small Town Terrors Pilgrim's Hook CE
STEAM - WIN

House of 1,000 Doors: Family Secrets
STEAM - WIN / MAC

Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2
STEAM - WIN / MAC / LINUX

Them - The Summoning
STEAM - WIN
Post edited October 27, 2014 by Cyberevil
Cyberevil: Bundlestars

Phantom Bundle..
Posted 4 days ago.
Cyberevil: Bundlestars

Phantom Bundle..
ABH20: Posted 4 days ago.
Ha! I would have thought someone had it, but dropping back a couple pages I didn't even see it. So at least it's unburied. <-- (which doesn't seem to be a word)
Max Payne sale (Steam) at GameFly. The weird thing is that they also offer the first title to me and the game page says available in Germany, despite Steam not allowing German customers to even look at the Steam title - it's non-existent in Germany. And on other sites I've read it's forbidden to activate ROW keys for it in Germany (which is silly since you can buy the retail version here without problems). I'd be interested in Max PAyne for that price, but I think I better not risk it. :/
Leroux: Max Payne sale (Steam) at GameFly. The weird thing is that they also offer the first title to me and the game page says available in Germany, despite Steam not allowing German customers to even look at the Steam title - it's non-existent in Germany. And on other sites I've read it's forbidden to activate ROW keys for it in Germany (which is silly since you can buy the retail version here without problems). I'd be interested in Max PAyne for that price, but I think I better not risk it. :/
Why on Earth was Max Payne not allowed in Germany? Are they afraid playing the game will resurrect Hitler or something?
trusteft: Why on Earth was Max Payne not allowed in Germany? Are they afraid playing the game will resurrect Hitler or something?
I think it's about a potentially unhealthy influence on minors. And a sign of the times, I guess. Back then they were generally very strict with violent videogames; the violence of today's games is much more brutal and explicit than back then, yet back then they made a big fuss about things while today everyone's accustomed to worse already. The wikipedia article talks about a censored German version that was in the works but did never see the light of day, and in that version apparantly they slightly changed the dialogues of the graphic novel sequences, removed the blood and the baseball bat as a weapon (maybe the brutal melee attacks were a first back then, in a somewhat realistic and dark shooter?). The thing is, in 2012 the game was removed from the index, so it actually is allowed in Germany now, but the publishers and Steam still won't sell the digital version to German customers.
Post edited October 27, 2014 by Leroux
trusteft: Why on Earth was Max Payne not allowed in Germany? Are they afraid playing the game will resurrect Hitler or something?
Leroux: I think it's about a potentially unhealthy influence on minors. And a sign of the times, I guess. Back then they were generally very strict with violent videogames; the violence of today's games is much more brutal and explicit than back then, yet back then they made a big fuss about things while today everyone's accustomed to worse already. The wikipedia article talks about a censored German version that was in the works but did never see the light of day, and in that version apparantly they slightly changed the dialogues of the graphic novel sequences, removed the blood and the baseball bat as a weapon (maybe the brutal melee attacks were a first back then, in a somewhat realistic and dark shooter?). The thing is, in 2012 the game was removed from the index, so it actually is allowed in Germany now, but the publishers and Steam still won't sell the digital version to German customers.
That's DRM for you.
Where if one had it from retail or DRM free, they could do nothing about it. I am talking about taking it back.
Censorship is always bad.
trusteft: That's DRM for you.
Where if one had it from retail or DRM free, they could do nothing about it. I am talking about taking it back.
Oh, and keep in mind, that when I said "allowed" I was talking about Steam and the publishers, not about German laws: I think German laws allow adults to buy games that were put on the index, too, but they make it harder to sell and promote them, making it unattractive for publishers to put them on the market. The actual censorship is always done by the companies in order to be able to promote the games and sell them to families and minors, too.
trusteft: That's DRM for you.
Leroux: Oh, and keep in mind, that when I said "allowed" I was talking about Steam and the publishers, not about German laws: I think German laws allow adults to buy games that were put on the index, too, but they make it harder to sell and promote them, making it unattractive for publishers to put them on the market. The actual censorship is always done by the companies in order to be able to promote the games and sell them to families and minors, too.
The whole thing is so stupid. I remember as a kid in the 80's I was watching very violent movies, playing violent games (TechnoCop anyone?), yet I have yet to go on a murder spree. Hell, but age 10 I was going with my cousins on the mountains with weapons and I am still not a criminal.
The whole thing is so stupid.
Leroux: Max Payne sale (Steam) at GameFly. The weird thing is that they also offer the first title to me and the game page says available in Germany, despite Steam not allowing German customers to even look at the Steam title - it's non-existent in Germany. And on other sites I've read it's forbidden to activate ROW keys for it in Germany (which is silly since you can buy the retail version here without problems). I'd be interested in Max PAyne for that price, but I think I better not risk it. :/
And better even: Amazon Germany sells Steam keys for it. X_x
trusteft: The whole thing is so stupid. I remember as a kid in the 80's I was watching very violent movies, playing violent games (TechnoCop anyone?), yet I have yet to go on a murder spree. Hell, but age 10 I was going with my cousins on the mountains with weapons and I am still not a criminal.
The whole thing is so stupid.
It is quite debatable how Germany handles these things, but it's not as simple as you make it out to be either. The idea behind it is not that every minor who plays these games will become a criminal or go on a killing spree. If I had kids, I wouldn't expose them to depictions of explicit violence at an early age either, and that's not because I fear that they would acquire a taste for it. Then again, I wouldn't feel comfortable with 10-year-olds playing with weapons either; you don't need to be a criminal to accidently shoot your cousin's eye out. ;)
Post edited October 27, 2014 by Leroux
Going to give a plug to the recently-released REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR on Steam that's 30% off (7USD) for its debut, and it's DRM-Free and comes with the soundtrack. If you like bullet hell-ish shoot-em-ups this is in league with the best of them - it's been around in Japan for nearly a year now.

Personally though I'd recommend supporting the publisher (which localized it) directly and buying it there for the same price, as you get both a steam key and a extra DRM-Free copy (that skips Steam entirely, if you dislike Steam that much).

Like most shoot-em-ups you'll probably want a controller.

Sidenote: This isn't on GOG... why?!?!?