It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
phaolo: How is GamersGate compared to GOG?
pigdog: Not bad at all. I've bought a few DRM free games from there and so far, so good. GOG has a better community and support.
All these companies should really create a single shared full game list..

example:
game1 - DRM:no - purchase_shop:GOG - purchase_price:$$
game2 - DRM:no - purchase_shop:GamersGate - purchase_price:$$
game3 - DRM:yes - purchase_shop:Steam - purchase_price:nn$$
etc..
Desura have started Christmas sale also. Various titles up to -75%. But the christmas sale is mostly focused on the paradox games

http://www.desura.com/games#sale
http://www.desura.com/
Post edited December 16, 2013 by amok
amok: Desura have started Christmas sale also. Various titles up to -75%. But the christmas sale is mostly focused on the paradox games
Nice, hadn't noticed this one before:

http://www.desura.com/games/eight-days-in-convoke

Looks amusing, especially at the sale price.
phaolo: Damn.. GOG come on!

There's also "The Binding of Isaac" for €1.25 (DRM Free)

How is GamersGate compared to GOG?
GG is one my favourite Portals, I bought more games there than on Steam, because you can find rare games there that are hard to find on any other sales portal.

There was some discussion about the notion of 'DRM Free' as GG uses it, as you need to copy the offline installer files out of the installer directory while the GG Download Client is active. A Workaround. IMHO GG never cared to update their Client and so this historical heritage persists.
Because on the newer Mac Side the Installers are DRM FREE as in GOG: you download the Offline installer with the GG Download client and never need to use the client again for that game, as it is meant to be.
That is a bit more of a hassle than necessary but IMHO the GOG download client is also not a good piece of software, slow and inflexible UI and on the Mac side it does not even recognize if the file is already downloaded and redownloads the wohole thing again, I tested that the last time i tried it. An then it has this strange caching behaviour that acts up when the App is under heavy load and crashes. The App is not design for heavy usage. I don't use the GOG Downloader at all anymore.

Another upside of GG is Blue Coins 5% payback for each purchase and you get Coins for reviewing, rating and affiliating. So if you are persitant you get some games without paying money. BUt don't get you hopes up too high. ;)

And you can give your games back without any question asked within 14 days as long as you did not download/activate it. When GOG's new return policy is in place it surpasses every other site out there.

Support on GG never left me hanging, for the very few occasions I hat to use it. They were always helpful but takes some time for them to respond.

Unfortunately, besides the Game Tutor section there is no commnity interaction possible.
While the GOG community is pretty great.

my 2 cents :)
Post edited December 16, 2013 by dyscode
Crappynuker1: Explodemon on GG $1,50

Maybe good?
Yup! I got it long time ago from a bundle, was pleasently surprised.
Is this the first time Risen has been available drm free?
Impaler26: A few more nice deals on GamersGate:
Risen (DRM Free) - €2.99
nijuu: Is this the first time Risen has been available drm free?
no, Risen was DRM free for some time now, at least a year or so, actually.
nijuu: Is this the first time Risen has been available drm free?
I don't know, it's at least the first time i saw it DRM Free.

ninjaed... :D
Post edited December 16, 2013 by Impaler26
Others have covered most of the basics, so I'll just add this - if you're the type who likes wandering into pawn shops and second-hand stores to paw through their disorganized and dusty pile of jewel cases, all in the hopes of finding some obscure game you've never heard of that turns out to be a diamond in the rough, then GamersGate is a good online simulation of that experience. They've got a great selection of bargain-bin titles that you just won't find anywhere else. Just be aware that (from what I've heard) they don't always offer support for their older titles, so if it doesn't work on your system, you may be out of luck.
Azilut: Others have covered most of the basics, so I'll just add this - if you're the type who likes wandering into pawn shops and second-hand stores to paw through their disorganized and dusty pile of jewel cases, all in the hopes of finding some obscure game you've never heard of that turns out to be a diamond in the rough, then GamersGate is a good online simulation of that experience. They've got a great selection of bargain-bin titles that you just won't find anywhere else. Just be aware that (from what I've heard) they don't always offer support for their older titles, so if it doesn't work on your system, you may be out of luck.
LOL, yeah this exactly!

)Takeover(

Q39V-LLUT-MP69-9V7E

Zombies Ruined My Day (DRM Free) - €0.75
Diehard Dungeon (DRM Free) - €1.00
Patrician III (DRM Free) - €1.53
Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition (DRM Free) - €2.50
Risen (DRM Free) - €2.99
Ceville (DRM Free) - €3.38
Jagged Alliance Classics (DRM Free) - €3.40
How's that for a deal?

)Takeover(

Q39V-LLUT-MP69-9V7E

Risen (DRM Free) - €2.99
anjohl: How's that for a deal?
That's an awesome deal, thanks for posting it! ;)

)Takeover(

Q39V-LLUT-MP69-9V7E

Risen (DRM Free) - €2.99
Which one?
nijuu: Which one?
Presumably the System Shock 2 gift code that was quietly inserted into the quoted text.
nijuu: Which one?
VanishedOne: Presumably the System Shock 2 gift code that was quietly inserted into the quoted text.
Oh that. thought it was a copy typo error ;)