It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Luisfius: DARK SOULS
ofsaturn: Have you played this? I'm interested but I've heard the PC port is awful.
It is not. It has no missing content, lacks functionality, or worse in any way than the console version. It is literally identical to the console version (WITH DLC) by default, and with a mod or two (DSFix), it becomes incredible.

I have played it. On console. And on PC. I can tell you this, unless your standard for "decent port" is Alan Wake, it is not by any means a bad port.
Psyringe: The main problem for the reception of ArcaniA was that the publisher and the developers of the first three Gothic games had separated, but the publishers still held the rights to the franchise. They hired a completely different team to do ArcaniA. I haven't played it myself yet, but the general verdict boils down to "Playable as a lightweight RPG, but fails to capture any of the aspects that made the franchise great, ultimately not worthy of the Gothic name."
Thanks, very useful information. That's an (all too common) scenario I neglected in my broad statement of RPG evolution. It also helps explain why the Gothic name is downplayed in both the listing and on the game cover. Sounds like this is a real pig-in-a-poke, even for a seasoned Gothic player.
ofsaturn: Have you played this? I'm interested but I've heard the PC port is awful.
Luisfius: It is not. It has no missing content, lacks functionality, or worse in any way than the console version. It is literally identical to the console version (WITH DLC) by default, and with a mod or two (DSFix), it becomes incredible.

I have played it. On console. And on PC. I can tell you this, unless your standard for "decent port" is Alan Wake, it is not by any means a bad port.
+1
There was a discussion with some member here, earlier. The 'bad port' boils down to that Keyboard and Mouse is horrribly implemented for a PC game (a controller is highly recommended!!) and that you cannot change resolution with a fix (google DSfix).
There seems to be a pretty strong feeling PC fraction who totally hates controllers on PC games and searches to scourge them where ever possible.
While I stand with that NOTHING gets between me and my play fun (and spending a large portion of my youth with controllers and joysticks surely helped also).

The game on PC with a controller is great!

PS: and thanks guys for the Arcania feedback, pretty much what I gathered from the reviews: pretty mediocre. Even when I don't really care if it plays like a Gothic game or not. It was clear that it was diffferent since since it came out. But I guess I better spent my time on Torchlight 2.
Post edited September 24, 2013 by dyscode
Luisfius: It is not. It has no missing content, lacks functionality, or worse in any way than the console version. It is literally identical to the console version (WITH DLC) by default, and with a mod or two (DSFix), it becomes incredible.
Thanks man, that's good to hear! Guess I'll go pick it up and prepare to die a few hundred times. ;-)
Smannesman: 4?
Wasn't it supposed to be a trilogy?
Pheace: It was, but they're still working on a next game.
Alright, well even though I have only completed the first game I do like the series so another one might be interesting.
http://flyingbundle.com/
ofsaturn: Paddle's Pay What You Want Variety Game Bundle $3.69
(Each game seems to have it's own DRM. =/ Also, no Steam keys are offered.)
HOYLE Puzzle and Board Games 2012
Hoyle Swashbucklin' Slots
Hoyle Card Games
Lost Secrets: Ancient Mysteries (Hidden object and puzzle game)
American Pickers (Hidden object and puzzle game??)
Good catch! Thanks!
ShinyLoot daily deals offers 9 titles today, including StarDrone for $0.60, Mosby's Confederacy for $2.00, and the family boardgame based Zooloretto for $2.00.
ofsaturn: Paddle's Pay What You Want Variety Game Bundle $3.69
carnival73: Good catch! Thanks!
Sure thing! If you happen to find out what that American Pickers game is all about please let me know and I'll update my earlier post. O_o
ooo there is a couple there im interested in, anybody used them?
chezybezy: ooo there is a couple there im interested in, anybody used them?
I'm going to buy the bundle, I can let you know how it goes if you like.
chezybezy: ooo there is a couple there im interested in, anybody used them?
IAmSinistar: I'm going to buy the bundle, I can let you know how it goes if you like.
I would appreciate that.
IAmSinistar: I'm going to buy the bundle, I can let you know how it goes if you like.
chezybezy: I would appreciate that.
Purchase went through okay, got an email with the link for my downloads shortly after. The keys seem to work, though I'm just using the Desura ones. Disappointingly, two of the titles are on Desura but not available as direct downloads yet. I've never had to use the Desura client, yet now there are at least two games requiring it. Hopefully they will get the direct downloads added before long.

Otherwise it seems to have worked like any other bundle.
IAmSinistar: Purchase went through okay, got an email with the link for my downloads shortly after. The keys seem to work, though I'm just using the Desura ones. Disappointingly, two of the titles are on Desura but not available as direct downloads yet. I've never had to use the Desura client, yet now there are at least two games requiring it. Hopefully they will get the direct downloads added before long.

Alternatively, there's no download link from the bundle page?
chezybezy: I would appreciate that.
IAmSinistar: Purchase went through okay, got an email with the link for my downloads shortly after. The keys seem to work, though I'm just using the Desura ones. Disappointingly, two of the titles are on Desura but not available as direct downloads yet. I've never had to use the Desura client, yet now there are at least two games requiring it. Hopefully they will get the direct downloads added before long.

thankyou!
oh that sucks i presume that it would be Desura that needs to issue those? Ive had the client installed for a while and while i find it clunky i do use it and havent noticed any ill affects. Thanks again.

e: wow groupees is down for emergency maintenance
Post edited September 25, 2013 by chezybezy