It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EA sale on Gamefly

http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/promotion/459
cich: Here's something new - GMG glitch! Or is it not a glitch? Or is it only me?

Anyway, I've just gotten Driftmoon for $1,50.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pl/en/pc/games/indie/driftmoon/
Back up to $14.99 for US.
Psyringe: snip
I'm glad you found the ShinyLoot postings useful (new Weekly Sale starts today by the way). I have not found a way to see all titles in their catalogue at once. Even trying some wildcard and URL guesses didn't work, so if the functionality is there it is well hidden.

That is unfortunate about their review policy. Being a new company I don't know if their terms are deliberate or just naive. Possibly they went for the widest default cover-all-bases settings and won't change it until someone points out how disadvantageous those terms are to users. But until such a time comes, I agree that you are better off withholding your contributions. Seems like the gain is far too little in the balance.

I have hopes they will continue to grow their catalogue, and that they will make changes to both the site and the terms that make it all more attractive to the user. I encourage anyone with ideas for improvements to write to them (and indeed, to any game vendor). I have had excellent customer service from them so far, and believe they would be eager to hear your suggestions.
In case someone is on the fence about buying knights of pen and paper+1 on the current steam sale...

I got it a few days ago on GG and it was the worst purchase I made in a long time. I literally uninstalled it after 4 min after I was offered to buy extra gold for 2 euros to start the game with more than two characters...
IAmSinistar: (snip)
I agree with everything you wrote. :) (Well, except for the experience with their support, but only because I don't have any.)

I already planned to ask them about this policy, but I'll probably sleep over it once or twice before writing them. Currently I'm a bit shocked, and my comments will probably be more constructive if I wait a little. ;)
Psyringe: I already planned to ask them about this policy, but I'll probably sleep over it once or twice before writing them. Currently I'm a bit shocked, and my comments will probably be more constructive if I wait a little. ;)
Ha ha, I know exactly what you mean. Yes, better to let the meat CPU cool so that the logic circuits can take over. :D

EDIT: Good on for you taking the initiative, by the way. Please let us know how it works out.
Post edited September 23, 2013 by IAmSinistar
Robette: In case someone is on the fence about buying knights of pen and paper+1 on the current steam sale...

I got it a few days ago on GG and it was the worst purchase I made in a long time. I literally uninstalled it after 4 min after I was offered to buy extra gold for 2 euros to start the game with more than two characters...
I had been tempted to get it until I read about the micro-transactions.
Robette: In case someone is on the fence about buying knights of pen and paper+1 on the current steam sale...

Tarnicus: I had been tempted to get it until I read about the micro-transactions.
Tell me about it :( If it was a free game I wouldn't mind, but the initial purchase is $10 unless you get it on sale and even still..
Psyringe: GamersGate is also running a customer survey, which opens automatically when you log in. No rewards as far as I can see, but perhaps a good opportunity to tell them what you like, don't like, or hope for. :)
Telling them I like their pricing glitches probably wouldn't be well received, no?
This should have been posted a while ago
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection
Dungeons And Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection for 5 dollars.

All infinity engine games + Temple of Elemental Evil. As far as I know they are repackaged gog versions.

It is an amazing goddamn deal.
Post edited September 24, 2013 by Luisfius
IAmSinistar: Loads of titles on the ShinyLoot weekend sale that starts today.
Psyringe: Fist of all, (belated) thanks for your posts with ShinyLoot sales. I finally checked the shop out now, and it seems that they indeed have good prices and sales, great search options, and favor a DRM-free approach. The catalog is rather small, but I guess this will change.

The also have a reward program for reviews, which immediately caught my interest, until I checked their terms of use and found that (boldface by me):

"User agrees that and all communications, postings, reviews, blogs, chats, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other comments posted by User on the Website, or submitted to ShinyLoot through use of the Website, become ShinyLoot's exclusive property, and all worldwide intellectual property rights and any title therein are thereby assigned by User to ShinyLoot. "

Yikes. This is very disappointing. Other sites (GOG for example) do not need such a content cannibalism clause. I would like to post some reviews, but I'm _not_ giving up all my rights to things I spent time and effort for, thank you. :(

This is especially disappointing because elsewhere in their ToS, they make a point that I (as the author) will be the culprit if anything I contribute happens to creates problems. So they are inviting me to contribute to their site, but only if they can grab all rights to the material (meaning I couldn't even post it myself on my own blog without violating ShinyLoot's rights), while at the same time I remain the sole responsible entity if anything goes wrong. Nice. :(

Also, is there a way to browse the entire catalog? I looked for it, but I can only ever browse a single category.
As a pro writer I fully understand where this hits you!
The ShinyLoot daily sale is offering a half-dozen games today. Notable deals include Hero's Tale Enhanced Edition for $0.60 and two ArcaniA (Gothic 4) titles for 80% off each.
Luisfius: This should have been posted a while ago
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection
Dungeons And Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection for 5 dollars.

All infinity engine games + Temple of Elemental Evil. As far as I know they are repackaged gog versions.

It is an amazing goddamn deal.
Damn thats a good price, If it had GOG keys id buy it but im trying not to buy more stuff on GG. too much stuff split over the place, need to try to centralize it. but even if it did come with a gog key i have most of them anyway.
Origin is having a sale. Here in Oz it says up to 50% off, which for us makes many of the games just slightly cheaper than the NA normal price. >.>

Not sure how to set my origin to show OS prices (not sure this can even be done) but I'm sure someone cleverer than I can get the different prices from the different regions somehow.

Origin does not have gifting yet, does it? I'd like some of the EA games but too tightarse to pay the AU prices.
HeDanny: Origin is having a sale. Here in Oz it says up to 50% off, which for us makes many of the games just slightly cheaper than the NA normal price. >.>

Not sure how to set my origin to show OS prices (not sure this can even be done) but I'm sure someone cleverer than I can get the different prices from the different regions somehow.

Origin does not have gifting yet, does it? I'd like some of the EA games but too tightarse to pay the AU prices.
Origin Action Sale - various titles -50%. The UK page is:

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/browse/on-sale?q=

if you want to, then I guess you can access that link it via a proxy if you want to see the prices. But no, there is no gifting within Origin itself yet, which is very much a missed opportunity.