It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bela555: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

New weekly humble bundle:
X: Beyond the Frontier
X-Tension
X2: The Threat
X3: Reunion + Bonus Package

Pay $6.00 or more to unlock:
X3: Terran Conflict
X3: Albion Prelude
X-Superbox Bonus Material

i never heard about these x- games :o
they are really very ultra difficult :/
bela555: i never heard about these x- games :o
They are like Freelancer on steroids. Space sim, trade simulator, empire building sandbox all in one.
blotunga: They are like Freelancer on steroids. Space sim, trade simulator, empire building sandbox all in one.
Did you ever play the old game Elite? I suspect this would have appealed to you too.
IAmSinistar: Did you ever play the old game Elite? I suspect this would have appealed to you too.
I have heard of it, but I've never played it. It was before my time :D
blotunga: They are like Freelancer on steroids. Space sim, trade simulator, empire building sandbox all in one.
IAmSinistar: Did you ever play the old game Elite? I suspect this would have appealed to you too.
i didnt... i played with wing commander, x-wing, tie fighter :P
oh, freelancer... i really like that game :)
Post edited September 19, 2013 by bela555
Well, if either of you (or anyone else) is curious about Elite now, you can get a free open source game made in its image - Oolite. I've not tested it on my Windows 7 box yet, but hopefully runs alright.
bela555: i didnt... i played with wing commander, x-wing, tie fighter :P
If you don't care much about the story, you can start with the newer ones like X3: Terran Conflict, but if you're a completionist, then you can play the story of the first games (which is about 20-30 hours each) then play the latest one(s) as a sandbox.
IAmSinistar: Another small selection in today's ShinyLoot daily deals, but it includes good prices on Oknytt at $1.50 and Clones at $2.00.

They are promoting the weekend sale in their latest email as well, with these hints as to what will be offered:

Also, starting tomorrow we will be offering 40 great games on sale for 66% off or more. A sneak peak into our crystal ball reveals Hinterland, Cognition: Episode One, Ubinota, Raiden Legacy, Dawn of Fantasy, and Pressure to be just some of the games offered. When the clock strikes midnight head to our weekend sales page for the full list.
$1.50 for Oknytt is just too good to let go!
bela555: i didnt... i played with wing commander, x-wing, tie fighter :P
blotunga: If you don't care much about the story, you can start with the newer ones like X3: Terran Conflict, but if you're a completionist, then you can play the story of the first games (which is about 20-30 hours each) then play the latest one(s) as a sandbox.
i only care the story if it is good and enjoyable, like in mafia.
bela555: i only care the story if it is good and enjoyable, like in mafia.
Well it's mostly needed to provide a back-story. Buy you could of course always read the x-encyclopedia to get up to speed about the story so far :)
How do these compare with Freespace 2?
I got that here on GOG but still haven't played it.
Should I get the lower tier just for the heck of it?

bela555: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

New weekly humble bundle:
X: Beyond the Frontier
X-Tension
X2: The Threat
X3: Reunion + Bonus Package

Pay $6.00 or more to unlock:
X3: Terran Conflict
X3: Albion Prelude
X-Superbox Bonus Material

i never heard about these x- games :o
merow: they are really very ultra difficult :/
magix74:
The simulation part is a bit different and maybe weaker. But the sandbox empire-building is imho the strong part of these games.
IAmSinistar: Another small selection in today's ShinyLoot daily deals, but it includes good prices on [b]Oknytt at $1.50 and Clones at $2.00.

They are promoting the weekend sale in their latest email as well, with these hints as to what will be offered:

Also, starting tomorrow we will be offering 40 great games on sale for 66% off or more. A sneak peak into our crystal ball reveals Hinterland, Cognition: Episode One, Ubinota, Raiden Legacy, Dawn of Fantasy, and Pressure to be just some of the games offered. When the clock strikes midnight head to our weekend sales page for the full list.
dyscode: $1.50 for Oknytt is just too good to let go!
couldnt resist either:)
dyscode: $1.50 for Oknytt is just too good to let go!
merow: couldnt resist either:)
Aye, a tempting morsel at that price. I already have it, otherwise it would have be a no question get. Hope you both enjoy it too!
If you missed the humbleBundle Arcen Games sale
it's Arcen Weekend on GG
everything but Skyward Collapse (-40%) and Nihon No Mura (-10%) is 75% off.

with only Arcen's simple Key-Check DRM or no DRM
for the Weekend.

Mount & Blade Collection is 75% off for €8.74.

DRM Free, or "other DRM" with one time online Key authentication according to [url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mount_%26_Blade:_Warband] PC games Wiki[/url]
Post edited September 20, 2013 by dyscode