It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: And I don't know why the SL titles wouldn't work with Windows 7, it's been out long enough that the game developers should have support built in. I've not had any problems with titles yet.
From what I see shinyloot doesn't sells Gothic 1 separately, just in the bundle. Which makes me wonder :)
IAmSinistar: And I don't know why the SL titles wouldn't work with Windows 7, it's been out long enough that the game developers should have support built in. I've not had any problems with titles yet.
blotunga: From what I see shinyloot doesn't sells Gothic 1 separately, just in the bundle. Which makes me wonder :)
Hmm, good point. I just realised I don't have the Gothic series, though I would swear I bought them all ages ago on GOG. But clearly not. So I'm going to buy it from SL, and I'll let you know if it runs on Windows 7 after I get it downloaded and installed.
IAmSinistar: Hmm, good point. I just realised I don't have the Gothic series, though I would swear I bought them all ages ago on GOG. But clearly not. So I'm going to buy it from SL, and I'll let you know if it runs on Windows 7 after I get it downloaded and installed.
Cool, if it works, tonight I'll buy it :). Also I hope they are completely DRM free.
Post edited September 10, 2013 by blotunga
blotunga: Hmm, a dilemma: Gothic Collection from shinyloot or wait until it gets on sale on GOG.. But still the 4 games together won't be $5.. That would be 87.5% off, unheard off at gog :)
Omerta is sold at a 87,5% discount right now :). (part of the Pick 5 Games % Save 80%).
Post edited September 10, 2013 by GabiMoro
blotunga: Also I hope they are completely DRM free.
All ShinyLoot games are DRM-free, with the only stuff allowed being CD-keys for single player titles and online keys for multiplayer. I had checked with them before about another title (Trainz Classics) which supposedly carried DRM at one point, and their support center did the research and confirmed the DRM had been removed by the publisher a while back and was no longer part of the release. So I feel pretty good about buying from them on this issue.
blotunga: Cool, if it works, tonight I'll buy it :).
Seems to work from the couple of minutes I tried it. Two issues, however. First, video cutscenes don't work on my PC, they appear as black (though you can hear the sound). Second, the game doesn't offer the option to scale up to my default resolution (1920x1080), but instead caps out at 1600x900. Probably due to limitations available at the time of release, and it doesn't look bad at that size, so not critical.

If the GOG version is more compatible (such as the cutscenes working), then it might be worth picking that up separate. But $5 is a good price for this bundle to me, even with the issues in the first title.
IAmSinistar: They Breathe $0.60 (80% off)
I found this game very enjoyable and it was not at all what I expected... definitely worth picking up at this pittance.
IAmSinistar: If the GOG version is more compatible (such as the cutscenes working), then it might be worth picking that up separate. But $5 is a good price for this bundle to me, even with the issues in the first title.
True.. Thanks, I'll give it a thought :)
dyscode: BTW: also only Time will tell if that was a good choice, see GfWL and Batman AC, now I have to rebuy the Steam vesion ;)
Psyringe: You can ask your vendor for a Steam key. Note: If you own the Batman: Arkham games on GamersGate, you should already have received Steam keys for those two games a few weeks ago. These were added automatically to all customers who already owned the games.
Just for general note:
I just recieved info from GMG. They are looking into the issue in July 2014, when GfWL is supposed to end for good. Kinda sucks but well.
http://www.indieroyale.com/bundle/the-back-to-school-2-bundle

Thunder Wolves
Stellar Impact
Divo
100 percent Orange Juice
Apple Jack 1 and 2
Mystery game
Hidden discount?

The Alien Breed games are -80% on Steam right now til 16 Sept.

The full trilogy is £3.39 here, £1.39 for each single game.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7678/
amok: Hidden discount?

Wouldn't call that 'hidden', the Alien Breed games are part of the currently running weekly sale. It's easy to miss that news post though, they don't promote the weekly sales very prominently.
amok: Hidden discount?

uqblf: Wouldn't call that 'hidden', the Alien Breed games are part of the currently running weekly sale. It's easy to miss that news post though, they don't promote the weekly sales very prominently.
mm, they have not exactly done a good job promoting hose weeklies... I keep forgetting they exist.
blotunga: Also I hope they are completely DRM free.
IAmSinistar: All ShinyLoot games are DRM-free
The story seem to keep changing. In the earlier ShinyLoot awareness discussion here, it was said some SL single-player games have online activation during installation (which is clearly DRM).
IAmSinistar: All ShinyLoot games are DRM-free
timppu: The story seem to keep changing. In the earlier ShinyLoot awareness discussion here, it was said some SL single-player games have online activation during installation (which is clearly DRM).
So far no ShinyLoot game that is strictly single-player and has no online component has triggered my firewall with a connection request. Not to say they don't exist, but anecdotally I haven't run into one yet. Since I only buy single-player, I've only had one SL title request firewall access at all, and that was SpaceChem, which has an online component.

EDIT: From the ShinyLoot About page:

We believe the developers have a right to protect their property in a reasonable manner. We do not believe that the majority of DRM used today do so in a manner that is fair to paying customers. ShinyLoot is committed to providing only games without obtrusive DRM. We do not support games such as those that use Games for Windows Live for single player experiences, SecuROM, TAGES, or always on-line authentication for single player games. The hardest form of DRM you will find on ShinyLoot is a one-time CD-Key validation for single player games and CD-Key checks for accessing online servers. If any game is found to be violating this policy (due to patches, undisclosed details, etc.) they will be removed from ShinyLoot.
Post edited September 10, 2013 by IAmSinistar