It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

darkplanetar: didn't used gamersgate for buying... i do like GoG and their DRM-free policy
so even if they had NVN 1 +2 and Icewindale 1+2 on offer - not sure about gamersgate
If you just want to buy on GOG that's fine of course, we all have our preferences.
darkplanetar: didn't used gamersgate for buying... i do like GoG and their DRM-free policy
so even if they had NVN 1 +2 and Icewindale 1+2 on offer - not sure about gamersgate
Pheace: If you just want to buy on GOG that's fine of course, we all have our preferences.
GamersGate As of January 2013, there are over 5000 games available through GamersGate

- seem to be trustful
- you like them, are they like gog?
Post edited September 02, 2013 by darkplanetar
darkplanetar: GamersGate As of January 2013, there are over 5000 games available through GamersGate - seem to be trustful
Ah, if you're worrying about it being a legit store, there's no trouble there. Although I guess one could argue GG has kind of been 'going nowhere' for the past few years. It hasn't particularly improved much.
FWIW GOG versions has all the extra goodies the bog standard one on GG doesn't have (if it matters to you).
GG has the 1euro = 1$ scheme. So no soup for you!
Pheace: If you just want to buy on GOG that's fine of course, we all have our preferences.
darkplanetar: GamersGate As of January 2013, there are over 5000 games available through GamersGate

- seem to be trustful
actually, after counting, I have bought more Games from GamersGate than from Steam (directly) and GOG,
so I guess it's my favourite store to buy, right now.

But it first and foremost depends on the DRM versions they have.
Post edited September 02, 2013 by dyscode
darkplanetar: GamersGate As of January 2013, there are over 5000 games available through GamersGate

- seem to be trustful
dyscode: actually, after counting, I have bought more Games from GamersGate than from Steam (directly) and GOG,
so they will not close the site 10-20 years? i hope...
darkplanetar: so they will not close the site 10-20 years? i hope...
Who can say? Will GOG? Will Steam? There's no way to tell. If that's your worry, back up your games.
Coelocanth: Who can say? Will GOG? Will Steam? There's no way to tell. If that's your worry, back up your games.
not just backup, but how will someone prove that they bought all that games?
darkplanetar: not just backup, but how will someone prove that they bought all that games?
Keep the proof of purchase in your e-mail from Paypal
dyscode: actually, after counting, I have bought more Games from GamersGate than from Steam (directly) and GOG,
nothing is forever and what comes around comes around. ;)
but in earnest, 10-20 years is damn long time to predict anything.

Coelocanth: Who can say? Will GOG? Will Steam? There's no way to tell. If that's your worry, back up your games.
darkplanetar: not just backup, but how will someone prove that they bought all that games?
you get an invoice from GG and from your payment service if it supports it.
Post edited September 02, 2013 by dyscode
Fairly big sale on Xbox Live this week. None of these deals need a gold sub. List ripped-off from Cheap Ass Gamer.

Castlevania: SOTN- $2.50
Castlevania: HD: $3.75
Rocket Knight: $3.75
I Am Alive: $7.50
Beyond Good & Evil- $5.00
Awesomenauts- $5.00
Puzzle Quest: $5.00
Karateka: $2.50
Serious Sam Double D XXL: $5.00
Monaco: $7.50
Sacred Citadel: $7.50
Perfect Dark: $5.00
Scott Pilgrim: $5.00
Hydro Thunder: $7.50
Swarm: $2.50
Hard Corps Uprising: $3.75
Blacklight Tango Down: $2.50
From Dust: $7.50
Toy Soldiers Cold War: $7.50
Rayman 3 HD: $5.00
Mercury HG: $2.50
Dungeon Defenders: $7.50
Grid: $12.00
Sleeping Dogs: $15.00
Naughty Bear: $7.50
Anyone know if there is a particular good sale on for Mafia II has seen some GAs for it and just wondered?
These are subscription services. If a vendor bites the dust, your games are practically lost.(see Direct 2 Drive incident)
You cant possibly back up hundreds, or God forbid, thousands of games. And proof of purchase helps when the police come banging on your door, but otherwise its just there for that warm comforting cozy feeling.

After the Direct 2 Drive->Gamefly fiasco i only buy game.. subscriptions ;) from digital retailers(or keycodes that can be redeemed in said stores) i feel that will be with us for a loong long time. That means Steam, GamersGate, GoG.. and thats pretty much it.

The most dubious of stores i feel are the random bundle/indie websites that appear from nowhere. I wouldnt be half suprised if all indie bundle webpages(including Gala, Bundlestars, and Royale) gave me 404 in 1-2 years. Except Humble of course, that project grew out of indie space long ago.
ShinyLoot daily deals of note:

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land $1.00 (80% off)

Laxius Force $1.50 85% off

Kingdom Elemental $1.99 80% off

Dreamscape $1.50 85% off

Note that Kingdom Elemental has One Time Key Validation. Everything else is completely key and DRM free.