It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Profanity: Because fuck 1$=1€. I'm not a cash machine, that's the same as saying either buy game at full price or don't buy at all.

Way to be a condescending prick. Plus it's obviously good for everyone's business, it's impossible that Amazon isn't aware of this and what do they do to change it, nothing? No location checks based on IP, credit card? This is not alien technology.
GabiMoro: But if you don't care if the key is legal then why don't you get the game from torrents and pay the same amount of money (as the Amazon price) as a donation directly to the developer's account? At least the developer gets 100% of your money and you get a DRM-free copy. WIN-WIN situation.

...and did you just called me a prick?
Except the key is legal by everything except meaningless semantics and the money still goes to all the same places if you bought it on Steam or GOG or whatever, except different distributors get their cut? If someone bans the game in my country by making an exclusive contract with some shitty ass retailer, I'm not gonna feel bad about making a trade with a buddy from another country. If a developer/publisher is gonna screw me on the prices, I'm not gonna feel bad by using Amazon's so conveniently open back door. It's just a technicality so Amazon doesn't have to deal with other countries and their problems officially, it's not an accident that a monkey could go around their system.

And I don't use torrent and donate to the devs (because every dev has a donate page) because I like having my games in one place on GOG or Steam with actual support and updates, not scattered in websites I have no memory of after the first use. That would be the first thing, the second thing - Amazon and GOG are the only distributors I could find that let me grab a full priced new game without losing on a decent amount of money because of ridiculous 1$=1€ which is not that bad at low priced games, but adds up very quick on full priced ones in my currency. Most games are overpriced as it is.

And yep, I did.
GabiMoro: But if you don't care if the key is legal then why don't you get the game from torrents and pay the same amount of money (as the Amazon price) as a donation directly to the developer's account? At least the developer gets 100% of your money and you get a DRM-free copy. WIN-WIN situation.

...and did you just called me a prick?
Profanity: Except the key is legal by everything except meaningless semantics and the money still goes to all the same places if you bought it on Steam or GOG or whatever, except different distributors get their cut? If someone bans the game in my country by making an exclusive contract with some shitty ass retailer, I'm not gonna feel bad about making a trade with a buddy from another country. If a developer/publisher is gonna screw me on the prices, I'm not gonna feel bad by using Amazon's so conveniently open back door. It's just a technicality so Amazon doesn't have to deal with other countries and their problems officially, it's not an accident that a monkey could go around their system.

And I don't use torrent and donate to the devs (because every dev has a donate page) because I like having my games in one place on GOG or Steam with actual support and updates, not scattered in websites I have no memory of after the first use. That would be the first thing, the second thing - Amazon and GOG are the only distributors I could find that let me grab a full priced new game without losing on a decent amount of money because of ridiculous 1$=1€ which is not that bad at low priced games, but adds up very quick on full priced ones in my currency. Most games are overpriced as it is.

And yep, I did.
Those "meaningless semantics" are in fact tax evasion. The money don't go to all the same places if you bought it on Steam or GOG. If you buy on Steam or GOG some of the money go to your country as VAT. That's why the prices are higher for Europe because US don't have VAT and we do.

Calling me a prick just makes you one.
low rated
GabiMoro: Calling me a prick just makes you one.
Totally worth it.

And I'm not sure about all the technicalities on VAT on digital goods and that certainly adds to the illegality of it, but honestly, that just makes me feel better about myself. A rare man can proud himself in having a government that isn't constantly pulling stupid shit.
Post edited August 30, 2013 by Profanity
Could we please put our penises away and get back to gaming deals? KTHX
CymTyr: Could we please put our penises away and get back to gaming deals? KTHX
Does this mean I have to go find my pants? :(
JMich: Does this mean I have to go find my pants? :(
Nah, your panties will suffice.
So why does your Pipboy make measurements?
JMich: Does this mean I have to go find my pants? :(
Pants optional. Penis waving = NO.
DodoGeo: So why does your Pipboy make measurements?
My pipboy does not measure. It just watches and prods me to comment from time to time ;)
Post edited August 30, 2013 by CymTyr
DotEMU has the Collection Vol.1 on sale again for €6.

I"n this pack, you will find the wild type Krypton Egg, the mythical Nicky Boom and its sequel Nicky Boom 2 and plunge back to humour and reflexion with the three episodes from Gobliiins trilogy.
Take a break with the arcade games of Irem Arcade Hits
And the famous Simarils Collection !" all in all like 45 old school games.
DRM Free
Post edited August 30, 2013 by dyscode
Did they finally update Irem Arcade Hits, or is it still kinda broken?
Foxhack: Did they finally update Irem Arcade Hits, or is it still kinda broken?
Not sure, but I finally got around to downloading Soulbringer - we'll see how it works through dotEMU's service ;)
dyscode: DotEMU has the Collection Vol.1 on sale again for €6.
That's a good deal for the Simarils Collection and Gobliiins trilogy alone.
dyscode: DotEMU has the Collection Vol.1 on sale again for €6.
IAmSinistar: That's a good deal for the Simarils Collection and Gobliiins trilogy alone.
Yes, indeed a good deal. However when I purchased the bundle in Dec. 2011 the price was only € 3.- :)
IAmSinistar: That's a good deal for the Simarils Collection and Gobliiins trilogy alone.
gixgox: Yes, indeed a good deal. However when I purchased the bundle in Dec. 2011 the price was only € 3.- :)
Inflation. I've noticed most sales this year have not been as good as in years past, internet-wide.
This is called inflation.