It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amazon Late Summer Sale 29 august - 8 september

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/wiki/stores/amazon/latesummersale
innerring: Amazon Late Summer Sale 29 august - 8 september

Oh crap, not another sale! lol

Some really interesting deals there. But my depleted wallet says 'no', once again <.<

Recsam511: Some really interesting deals there. But my depleted wallet says 'no', once again <.<
Same here :(. The Settlers pack and the Sega action only pack are very tempting...

Tarnicus: Oh crap, not another sale! lol
This is bad as a Oh No not another indie bundle... hahaha.....
Tarnicus: Oh crap, not another sale! lol
nijuu: This is bad as a Oh No not another indie bundle... hahaha.....
I'm getting better at being selective with bundle purchases now! A lack of money after a slew of bills is really helping me to be selective lol
nijuu: This is bad as a Oh No not another indie bundle... hahaha.....
Tarnicus: I'm getting better at being selective with bundle purchases now! A lack of money after a slew of bills is really helping me to be selective lol
Your not the only one buddy.... :)
Tarnicus: I'm getting better at being selective with bundle purchases now! A lack of money after a slew of bills is really helping me to be selective lol
nijuu: Your not the only one buddy.... :)
NO! NEVER!
BUY ALL THE GAMES!

Succumbed and picked up Prototype for $5 (twice actually - missed the 1st time being Amazon's downloader and not Steam ><) and Mass Effect 3 on Origin for $7.50 to replace my dodgy Russian key version :P
Oh, man, that amazon bundle...picked up the remaining Sam and Max games I was missing so far but, oh, man...

Anyone think Aliens: Colonial Marines is worth it at $6? The number one review on the amazon page is quite helpful since the author updated it every time there was a major patch for the game and he suggests that it's probably worth it now. Any second opinions? A little wary since it was so poorly received by everyone.
Endzville: Oh, man, that amazon bundle...picked up the remaining Sam and Max games I was missing so far but, oh, man...

Anyone think Aliens: Colonial Marines is worth it at $6? The number one review on the amazon page is quite helpful since the author updated it every time there was a major patch for the game and he suggests that it's probably worth it now. Any second opinions? A little wary since it was so poorly received by everyone.
i enjoy it own it on xbox and pc (xbox release day, pc the last steam sale), for me its worth it being an alien fan, if the devs would have only apologised it would have made the world of difference.
if you want i can try find some of my opinions ive typed up before when someone has asked, would that be helpful?
Steam has Dungeon Siege Complete (1-3) for $4.99; I was going to pick up Dungeon Siege on Amazon sale but it's cheaper and more complete in the Steam sale (and Amazon is Steam key anyway).
Endzville: Oh, man, that amazon bundle...picked up the remaining Sam and Max games I was missing so far but, oh, man...

chezybezy: i enjoy it own it on xbox and pc (xbox release day, pc the last steam sale), for me its worth it being an alien fan, if the devs would have only apologised it would have made the world of difference.
if you want i can try find some of my opinions ive typed up before when someone has asked, would that be helpful?
Sure, if they're here on the forum somewhere, then by all means - that'd be very helpful. Looking for as many opinions as possible before I buy it.
nijuu: Your not the only one buddy.... :)
Bigs: NO! NEVER!
BUY ALL THE GAMES!

Succumbed and picked up Prototype for $5 (twice actually - missed the 1st time being Amazon's downloader and not Steam ><) and Mass Effect 3 on Origin for $7.50 to replace my dodgy Russian key version :P
Prototype is the one I'm really keen on too. A word of advice, write to customer service and you can get one of your Prototype purchases refunded easily. I once purchased something on Amazon and then a few days later they put up a Steam version of the same game. Within 12 minutes of writing to customer service, they had refunded my original purchase so I could grab the Steam version. I've never been so impressed with an online purchase and their customer service! I wish I could say the same for trying to get a refund through Steam :P (I got mine eventually but it took a lot)

The games is not THAT bad. I can enjoy it. The gunplay and ambient is actually great. What you get is lots of stupid errors of the scripted Alien AI, some bad scene animation scripting and some missing textures like in vent shafts, under grid floors etc.
Like Aliens attacking you and suddenly stuck freeze waiting to be killed and the story, well...
But then there are some scary as shit parts in it, too.
Yes, you can have fun with it, yes, there are better games and yes, if you can live with supporting a publisher with such marketing practices.
For now I can say Red Faction 2 is much worse, because this games get nothing right.
Post edited August 29, 2013 by dyscode