It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Valts007: FireFlower Games: Summer Sale

Cross-Store Summer Sale. You will get a discount voucher redeemable at Gameolith, ShinyLoot or Vergecore when you buy a game from us during this sale. You will earn $1 in credit at those stores for every €5 spent at our store and vice versa (up to a maximum of $5 in free credits per purchase.

http://fireflowergames.com/product-category/summer-sale/
SOunds like everyone is trying to jump on the indie bandwagon.Lot of erratic pricing on that site imho...
Anyone have recommendations for racing games on gamersgate sale atm?
On several sites video game prices are the same in USD and in Euros, although 1 euro = 1,33 $.
In Europe we have a VAT tax (different in every country, but usualy between 20 and 25%).

As it's not very clear why the prices are the same (the digital distribution stores are greedy? ), I ask somebody living in US to clear these for me:

- do you have a tax that apllies to video game sales? (Sale tax of 10% or something else).

- do you have to pay a tax at certain period of times (yearly) for the "profit" that you made during this period of time? I'm thinking something like the income tax for firms: for example: during 2012 you had a 24000 $ income from wages but you also had deductable expenses of 20000$ : electricity, water, gas, food etc. so you only saved 4000$. These 4000$ are taxed?
nijuu: Anyone have recommendations for racing games on gamersgate sale atm?
While not on sale STCC the game (which should include Race 07, as reported by other people here, though don't take my word for it) is quite cheap at 5€, but it is a very good simulation-style racing game. And actually, I would not discount that silly little game that you got when you signed up called Volvo the game. It's limited in scope, and plastered with advertisement for Volvo & SimBin, but it is actually a quality racing game, and it uses the same engine as Race 07.
Indie Gala Store
$1 to get

- Disciples III: Renaissance - Steam Special Edition on Steam

BEAT $4.99 AND GET ALSO:

- Disciples III - Resurrection on Steam

PS: In case you did no realize it, yet: GG Dailys are totally glitched. When updating the dailys the apprx first 5 to 30 mins they most of teh times show completely different games.

Today was Frontline and Matador and Adrenalin and another game I cannot remember
now they exchanged all to Ruse, Lara GOL, Injection and Disciples 3 Res. GlitchGate.
nijuu: Anyone have recommendations for racing games on gamersgate sale atm?
AFnord: While not on sale STCC the game (which should include Race 07, as reported by other people here, though don't take my word for it) is quite cheap at 5€, but it is a very good simulation-style racing game. And actually, I would not discount that silly little game that you got when you signed up called Volvo the game. It's limited in scope, and plastered with advertisement for Volvo & SimBin, but it is actually a quality racing game, and it uses the same engine as Race 07.
Thanks!!. Looks quite good. Might actually get that :)
Race Injection is also one of their dailies for $7.49 (Steamworks), and it's got 4.5 stars average there. Usually crap games are 4.1 or lower there! ;)
Also Colonial Marines + Season Pass is $20 today on GG.US only.

just be sure to watch this:
http://www.destructoid.com/now-bloody-playing-aliens-stasis-interrupted-258702.phtml
Post edited July 31, 2013 by dyscode
nijuu: .
PenguinJim: Race Injection is also one of their dailies for $7.49 (Steamworks), and it's got 4.5 stars average there. Usually crap games are 4.1 or lower there! ;)
Ah, that's probably a better deal.
Post edited July 31, 2013 by AFnord
GabiMoro: - do you have a tax that apllies to video game sales? (Sale tax of 10% or something else).

- do you have to pay a tax at certain period of times (yearly) for the "profit" that you made during this period of time? I'm
I don't live in the US (obviously), but have travelled there often and have friends there so I can clear this up for you:
- some states and counties have sales tax (so you may have state tax + local tax) for buying stuff. But since there are states which don't ask for sales tax at all (like Delaware), most companies have offices there :D. Before the "amazon tax" was introduced, you could buy anything off the web from a tax-free state and you haven't paid any tax.
- In the us there is a global income tax, you pay tax based on some estimates which take into account the last year and at the end of the year you or your accountant have to even it up. In this statement you have to declare *all* income (like interest, capital gain etc.) There are several tax brackets, you can read in detail about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States
Also keep in mind that there are a lot of deductibles, so for example you might earn 150000/year but have a lot of deductible expenses, then you can pay like 25% of let's say 120000.
GabiMoro: - do you have a tax that apllies to video game sales? (Sale tax of 10% or something else).

- do you have to pay a tax at certain period of times (yearly) for the "profit" that you made during this period of time? I'm
blotunga: I don't live in the US (obviously), but have travelled there often and have friends there so I can clear this up for you:
- some states and counties have sales tax (so you may have state tax + local tax) for buying stuff. But since there are states which don't ask for sales tax at all (like Delaware), most companies have offices there :D. Before the "amazon tax" was introduced, you could buy anything off the web from a tax-free state and you haven't paid any tax.
- In the us there is a global income tax, you pay tax based on some estimates which take into account the last year and at the end of the year you or your accountant have to even it up. In this statement you have to declare *all* income (like interest, capital gain etc.) There are several tax brackets, you can read in detail about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States
Also keep in mind that there are a lot of deductibles, so for example you might earn 150000/year but have a lot of deductible expenses, then you can pay like 25% of let's say 120000.
Somebody just told me that the sale tax doesn't apply online.
GabiMoro: Somebody just told me that the sale tax doesn't apply online.
I'm not up-to date with the latest. But when buying physical goods, some online retailers begun applying sales tax for example in California. Depends on the retailer I guess.
blotunga: I'm not up-to date with the latest. But when buying physical goods, some online retailers begun applying sales tax for example in California. Depends on the retailer I guess.
Yeah, it's pretty rare but I have had to pay a tax for a digital game at least once.
PenguinJim: Race Injection is also one of their dailies for $7.49 (Steamworks), and it's got 4.5 stars average there. Usually crap games are 4.1 or lower there! ;)
AFnord: Ah, that's probably a better deal.
Bit confused about Race Injection. Is it a standalone? Or collection of addons for Race 07?. Or does it include Race 07 ?
AFnord: Ah, that's probably a better deal.
nijuu: Bit confused about Race Injection. Is it a standalone? Or collection of addons for Race 07?. Or does it include Race 07 ?
Much like with STCC the game, it does not say. In fact, they seem to not be overly keen on advertising the fact that Race 07 comes with some of their products.
But it might be worth taking a risk here, unless you feel very strained for money. Race 07 itself is only 3€ on steam, so if Race Injection does not include Race 07, then you could always buy that.

*edit* In fact, pricing for that pack does seem a tad bit confusing. Race Injection has a considerably lower base price on steam (10€), and it does say that it includes Race 07.

*edit 2* Second review on the gamer's gate storepage
"Race 07 is included and supports Saitek R440 driving wheel (which I own). Since it is now on discount, it's the best driving fun $10 can buy."
Post edited July 31, 2013 by AFnord